[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bread General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
thread for the spirited discussion of different breads and bread-derived product!
>>
File: edit.png (2 MB, 1000x647) Image search: [Google]
edit.png
2 MB, 1000x647
i love mediterranean bread
>>
What do I have to fix if my baking powder-raised bread rolls have wet doughy spots in them after baking? I guess they are lumps of unleavened flour. I can't bake them any longer or at a higher temperature, the issue is somewhere else. The internal temperature is already near the boiling point of water, however that water takes forever to evaporate because it appears to be unleavened. I am already mixing my dry ingredients thoroughly
>>
>>7667199
i dont know about baking anon, but go to the closest spanish speaking country and get some decent bread !
>>
>>7667182
What is that thing that looks like a croissant roll that just got out of prison?
>>
>>7667199
You might be baking too hot, if a thick crust forms before the inside can dry out enough that could cause wet spots. Try dropping the heat after the initial blast or dampening the outside of your loaf.
>>
>>7667732
thats a crappy kind of bread similar to the one in the middle-bottom
really dont like the texture, its just crunchy cheap-feel bread
>>
I'm european and I've been eating fresh bread with crusty outside and soft inside every day.

Would I miss it if I ever moved to USA?

All I see, even on cooking shows, is that cut up soggy "bread" they always use.
I love how the bread smells, how it tastes, I love everything about it. Do french and italian style bakeries exist in the US?
>>
>>7668122
>Do french and italian style bakeries exist in the US?
You clearly don't have a good understanding of just how large and diverse this country is. Nothing wrong with that.

Of course they exist. Whether you live down the street from one or not depends on where you move. Not every city wants or even needs its own bakery.
>>
>>7668155
>Not every city wants or even needs its own bakery.
What do you mean? I'm sure many people eat bread in the US.
>>
>>7668169
Grocery stores usually carry the breads most people want.
>>
>>7667182
I'm digging your enthusiasm, OP.

Dutch crunch all day, family!
>>
>>7668122
This is what you might get if you buy something labeled "bread" in the US.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdDfF4hXfj4
>>
>>7668180
Putting your hands into a toilet, I don't care how clean you think it is, is fucking disgusting.
>>
some crappy bakeries in spain get extremelly cheap crappy frozen baguettes and "cook" them for sale
i have no idea how that shit's even allowed, it tastes like ass and you can easily tell it was frozen before
>>
>>7667182
there's already a bread discussion >>7664060
Very insightful
>>
>>7667199
I guess... you are not kneading properly? All you have to do, is to repeatedly hit the dough, really really hard.
>>
>>7668253
Most of the instructions for soda bread say that you're not supposed to knead the dough a lot because of the baking powder or something (it relies more on the starch instead of the gluten or so I heard, so it's more like how you wouldn't knead a cake). So I only knead minimally and then shape it.
>>
>>7667191
>too much crunch
kys
>>
>>7668196
frozen bread is fine.
>>
>posting generals on /ck/.
Cretin.
>>
File: White 82% Hydration.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
White 82% Hydration.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>7667182
I don't really like bread.
>>
whats a good recipe for a beginner?
>>
File: bread.jpg (380 KB, 550x510) Image search: [Google]
bread.jpg
380 KB, 550x510
Same. I just want to learn to make one above-average, maybe even excellent, 'everyday' bread like pic related.

Always like it when you go out to eat and they serve you bread and butter. If the bread is of a good quality, you know a good meal is on its way.
>>
>>7669058
>>7669104
http://www.kingarthurflour.com/learn/yeast-bread-primer.html
>>
>>7669058
http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/11376-no-knead-bread

This is probably the least amount of effort you could put in. Usually "lazy" and "good results" don't go together yet here we are. It's kind of scary how good it turns out.
>>
>>7667182

bread is just a meme accepted by flyovers
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.