[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brown Bag/Work Lunches
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8
File: bring-a-lunch-to-work.jpg (101 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
bring-a-lunch-to-work.jpg
101 KB, 800x600
What does /ck/ bring to work/school/whatever for lunch? Does anyone have good recipes/suggestions for work lunches?
>>
2 PBJ's
1 Fruit (apple/Banana/clementines)
1 yogurt
1 chips (usually cheetos or fritos)

Everyday.
>>
>>7665660
Usually I just make extra of whatever dinner was the night before, and bring that in a plastic container.
>>
>>7665667

>2 pbj's for lunch
>every day

I thought fat people liked variety in their diets.
>>
>light yogurt
>2 lowfat string cheeses
>hardboiled egg
>drink flavor packet

i do construction. i eat massive dinners though
>>
>>7665681
Not really it's okay for Anon to eat this for Lunch honestly BUT, PBJ's are about 400 calories per sandwich so it also depends on how active Anon is everyday to be honest.
>>
When I worked, I brought an avocado and a slice of bread.

>cut up avocado
>mash with salt and pepper
>toast bread
>spread avocado on bread

ezpz
>>
>>7665667
Some slight variant of this. I'm not consistent on what I pair my pbj with
>>
Leftovers. Today it was leek and potato soup. If I don't have leftovers, I eat crackers and tuna, or either canned chili, both of which I keep in my desk

I have an hour long lunch break so I usually eat fast and then take a nap in my office.
I sometimes go out to eat with coworkers, we have a really good local coffee shop/deli we like.
>>
http://www.amazon.com/Thermos-Stainless-Folding-Spoon-Midnight/dp/B0017IFSIS

There's the obvious stuff like chili, soup, curry, etc., but then there's the less obvious (to me) stuff like mac & cheese, chili mac, sloppy joe or taco meat, and boiling hot water to pour over instant noodle cups. You can also keep cooked pasta in a separate container, and pour hot sauce over it. It will warm the pasta through, and you don't have to eat overcooked pasta.
>>
>>7665716
>When I worked

My mom is right, I need to find better friends than you 4chan folks

>cut up avocado
>cut up mango
>two sandwiches (pb&j or meat and cheese sometimes with lettuce and mustard, no lunch meats)
>banana
>coffee with 2 shots of jameson

I get my vegetables in during the evening meal
>>
Where can I get these for cheaper?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AWP99D6/ref=s9_zgift_hd_bw_bFhzR_g79_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-6&pf_rd_r=1PMQ1AC31CMWJY4F6HXD&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=2408173742&pf_rd_i=3744021

$.90/ea is a bit much for a disposable container
>>
>>7666070
Probably from a restaurant supply store. These are the things Chinese places use for take out now.
>>
are bento boxes worth buying
>>
File: 1430738235833.gif (3 MB, 628x402) Image search: [Google]
1430738235833.gif
3 MB, 628x402
>>7665660
>My work has a restaurant on-site
>>
>>7666123
only if they are kawai(cute) but not pinku(pink)
>>
File: 1462683030247s.jpg (4 KB, 101x125) Image search: [Google]
1462683030247s.jpg
4 KB, 101x125
>>7665678
this
>>
Ham sandwiches, usually.

Sometimes I will eat a banana and make everyone feel awkward, myself included.
>>
Most of the time I just make a three cups of brown rice and however the fuck many beans of whatever the fuck variety I want to add. That generally lasts me two days.
I do also pack a granola bar and red bull, but it's mostly rice and beans.
>>
>>7666076
Took me a while to find, buy I eventually found something that wasn't the white styrofoam box and microwave safe:

http://www.atlantafixture.com/itemdetail.aspx/8680/16/Disposable-Food-Containers/Anchor-Packaging/1-compartment-H-Lid-Container/4659111-CC9911B/

They look pretty flimsy but it's 10 cents/per. Might have to take a risk and try it.

>>7666123
I've had 3 bento boxes and I lost every one of them. It's a pain in the ass to have to keep it around after you're done eating, but they seal in any smells so that's a plus
>>
>>7666167
A local take-out uses those containers. They're flimsy as fuck and seriously not worth the 10 cent difference. Just get the ones from Amazon, they can be re-used many times.
>>
>>7666158
>little girl
>huge boobs
Is there a name for this?
>>
>>7666070
>microwavable and dishwasher safe
wash them
>>
>all these 'gurt fags
let me guess, it's greek too?
>>
>>7666161
pretty sure it's just you, i've never felt awkward in front of a person or girl eating a banana
>>
Rice and chicken.

I make all of the containers on Sunday. I top it with sambal oelek, salsa, or something like that.
>>
File: 1368376394920.jpg (69 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1368376394920.jpg
69 KB, 500x500
>>7666234
>hating on yogurt
>>
I bought a food jar thermos, so I make shit like some soup or tuna helper and just bring that with some water.
>>
>>7666052
Being laid off sucks, mang. It's something you don't have control over. Have more empathy for people, anon.
>>
I cook a whole thanksgiving dinner. Whole turkey, potatoes, stuffing, gravy, green beans. Sort it into like 8 or so tupperware containers, delicious lunches for a few weeks.
>>
File: 1451196556574.jpg (81 KB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
1451196556574.jpg
81 KB, 540x304
>>7666179
Oppai Loli.
>>
>>7665660
My parents started a family company, my kitchen is 20 seconds away from my desk. I've gotta say, it's pretty comfy...
>>
>>7666711

That's literally just weeb words for boob girl
>>
File: how-to-peel-an-orange.gif (2 MB, 680x324) Image search: [Google]
how-to-peel-an-orange.gif
2 MB, 680x324
Two 40oz bottles of Natural Ice and leftovers from dinner - usually burgers, chops, bbq ribs or chicken, sausages and a salad with Newman's Own vinaigrette.

Monday through Friday.

My job allows me to be a little buzzed since what I do isn't sensitive or precise. I'm a helicopter pilot for a touring company.
>>
>>7666736

>How to Peel an Orange
>Take orange
>Throw it away
>Take clementine
>Peel easily
>>
>>7665681
>everyone has the same activity level, therefore, everyone should eat the same calories

hows that dumb treating you?
>>
>>7666268
>feel like you're forgetting something before you got to bed on sunday
>hmmm its probably nothing

life is suffering
>>
>>7666692
nigga there's a reason you only eat thanksgiving food once a year
>>
>>7666765

Why is that? It's good as shit.
>>
File: heart2battack.jpg (95 KB, 1600x1300) Image search: [Google]
heart2battack.jpg
95 KB, 1600x1300
>>7666768
>It's good as shit

that's why breh
>>
A big chunk of dark rye bread
A large thermos full of soup (usually mushroom bisque)
Some fruit
coffee from the coffee machine, usually black.
>>
>>7666772

I mean it's not always that. Some times I'll do the same with just rice and a chicken stir fry. But my thanksgiving lunches certainly make the co-workers jealous.
>>
>>7666150

Same, they have normal stuff like pizza, burgers, sandwiches and a salad bar and then they have a few daily specials for both breakfast and lunch. They mix it up too, they have gyros, banh mi, pho, ramen, mongolian bbq, steaks, and they usually have a few types of fresh fish like salmon, mahi mahi, yellowtail and tuna steaks. There's also a lot nearby, a Mediterranean grill, a couple taco shops, the japanese food market that has sushi and udon/ramen/tonkatsu/curry an In n Out and all the regular fast food places. I spend way too much on lunch at work.
>>
>>7666773

Spartan as hell but it works.
>>
Marinated beef stir fry with onions, carrots, green beans, and mushrooms, on top of rice sprinkled with soy sauce.

My drink is usually just whatever is by the vending machine.

I was worried if my co-workers would dislike the mild aroma it gives out (I avoid using pungent spices) but they keep asking me if they could have some. I just tell them it's basic stir fry.

My other choice is Banh Mi, with grilled chicken cuts and marinated carrots and radishes. I use the Bretel butter spread for the baguette, if you guys ever make Banh Mi, use this butter. It's very creamy and delicious though it's a bit pricier since it's imported but it's well worth it.
>>
>>7666785
It's lunch at work. It's not supposed to be overly comforting enjoyable. I need food that gives me sustained energy and focus.

After work is for beer and meat.
>>
>>7666943
>It's lunch at work. It's not supposed to be overly comforting enjoyable.

Why not? Nothing better to cool off in the middle of a hard days work than a comfort meal and a smoke.
>>
>>7666946
Because I still have several hours of work after, plus chores at home to take care of. Eating for comfort will make me bloated, overly relaxed and unproductive.

Nutrition is the only thing that matters at lunch.
>>
>>7666946
You are half precise and half exact - prexactly.
>>
>>7666984

When I was cutting I was that way. But I'm a comfortable slightly overweight 140 but the other doesn't mind so I'll live a bit and do a bit more Para Para when I get home.
>>
>>7666984
Your mindset is all wrong. A delicious lunch doesn't have to be comforting or overly dense. I can eat a fantastic cobb salad then go right back out to the hangar and work the second half of the day with high spirits.
>>
>>7666070
My chinese food comes in those and I wash and save them. I've got like 8 now just from that which is plenty for me. My mexican food comes in a tin foil pan and I save those too. Good for reheating things in the oven.
>>
>>7666179
isn't that just her knees under her shirt because the way she is sitting or are those tits and she has no legs, just feet coming out her ass
>>
Usually a pasta with mixed vegetables and some type of fish with bread
>>
>salami
>American cheese (fuck you euros, deli cut American and kraft singles are two different things)
>bread
>4 chips ahoy cookies
>snapple/some type of drink
>>
A pear or just zero calorie gatorade.
>>
>>7667548
>American cheese
All cheese made in America is shit be it Kraft or deli stuff.
>>
>>7667575

I and the whole state of Wisconsin are going to kick your ass.
>>
>>7665660
Peanut Butter Sandy on whole wheat
10 or so Carrot Sticks
An Apple
A Fiber One Brownie
Some Jerky
I've been looking to add more protein and vegetables but I'm not sure what else to add. Ideas?
>>
I bring 1 slice of toasted rye with a slice of blue cheese and a vinaigrette dressing.

1 coffee, freshly ground just before brewing.

1 pear, slightly microwaved.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.