[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okonomiyaki
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: omayaki.jpg (276 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
omayaki.jpg
276 KB, 1024x683
Going to try my hand at weeb-pancakes on friday. Getting pancake stuff, cabbage, and whatever meat is on sale (probably chicken). Also stopping at the asian market to grab sauces.

Any tips or advice before I make a big mess of myself?

What sauces do you top it with?
>>
>>7663428
>chicken

Don't do this. The chicken will inevitably overcook and be rubbery, and/or you'll fuck up the right temp/texture of the pancake while incorporating the chicken. don't do any protein. Sparing vegetables only. If you HAVE to include a protein, put in shrimp or some other seafood, cooked very lightly so as not to overcook it.
>>
Yeah, I have lots of tips, but you'll have to wait until I'm done making midnight drunk snacks. Brb......
>>
File: unckow.jpg (90 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
unckow.jpg
90 KB, 600x450
>>7663428
make sure to buy the okonomi sauce...you can use chicken...steam it first and then shred and add into batter. or simply top it on and sauce it..

dont burn it.
>>
My mom used to call this japanese pizza
>>
Economy yucky.
>>
Lol dont bother, learn to cook b4 you make okonomiyaki
>>
>>7663494
its sometimes labelled that at really white influenced sushi restaurants
>>
>>7663428
You put Okonomi sauce and mayo on Okonomiyaki. The only other different kind of sauce I've seen is Okonomi sauce that is slightly spicier than normal, I personally wasn't a fan.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>7663428
I actually made some just now.

Green onions, cabbage, Chopped prawns. Miso mixed into the sauce.
>>
>>7664347
you are not japanese. this is just sad.
>>
>>7664452
1. True

2. Extrapolate.
>>
File: 1459221684577.jpg (340 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1459221684577.jpg
340 KB, 1200x900
>>7663428

i dont know how the weebs here can shit on american/british food/chicken tendies and then eat mayonnaise covered pancakes for dinner while watching cartoons.
>>
>>7664347
Miso does not go in to the sauce
>>
>>7664612

This is why I mentioned it, because it is not normally done.

Had aubergine with Miso as showing ryori in Kyoto and Tofu with a sweet Miso sauce as part of Kaiseki.

It tasted so awesome that I bought a huge tube of Miso and brought it home. Thus I am doing loads of experiments with Miso right now.

also it was delicious and Okonomiyaki literally means take what you want and fry it.
>>
>>7664756
*shoji ryori
>>
>>7664756
I know what it means but thats the saddest looking okonomiyaki I've ever seen. You should make it right before you start experimenting.
>>
>>7664760
I ate several Okonomiyaki in Osaka and Tokyo and I am just not a fan of adding huge amounts of mayonnaise and sauce.

Bonito and ginger are miss g because I don't have any right now. Wouldn't add huge amounts, either, though.

What impressed me about Japanese cuisine in Japan is the minimalism and the dedication to individual tastes, not drowning shit in mayo and bonito.
>>
>>7664452
Shit tastes good senpai, okonomiyaki is a non-meme dish unlike sushi.
>>
>>7663448
this is wrong as shit. its very hard to overcook okonomiyaki.
>>
>>7664480
wow, now thats cryable over.
>>
>>7664787
nigga he's saying the chicken will be overcooked.. I think?
>>
>>7663462
UDON!?
>>
>>7663428
Okonomiyaki is piss easy,just use enough cabbage and you'll be fine
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.