[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are you thoughts on Bison? Is is far superior to regular
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: Beef V. Bison.jpg (103 KB, 598x876) Image search: [Google]
Beef V. Bison.jpg
103 KB, 598x876
What are you thoughts on Bison? Is is far superior to regular ol' beef? Is beef better? What are some good Bison specific recipes?
>>
Officially a national animal and illegal to eat.

Thanks Obama.
>>
>>7659957
>implying
You just can't hunt them. There are Bison ranches and stuff. I eat ground Bison all the time that I literally get from a chain store.
>>
>>7659944
Too expensive compared to beef to justify the difference in taste.
>>
>>7659982
It's about 40% more expensive where I live for ground bison and I usually buy it on sale for like 30% off on clearance/when the sell by date gets closer since I'm the only person in town who actually buy the stuff.
>>
File: bison-steak.png (2 MB, 1280x851) Image search: [Google]
bison-steak.png
2 MB, 1280x851
>>7659944
They say it's dry as fuck...?
>>
>>7660114
Who is they?
>>
I had a Bison burger once and honestly couldn't really tell the difference from a normal fuckin' beef burger.
>>
Too iron-y. I get sick of the taste quick
>>
>>7660139
I couldn't tell with a burger, but I could tell with jerky. Pretty good.
>>
Bison is great for people who are trying to build muscle as you get the benefits of red meat with less fat than beef.

That being said, it's my fiancé's spirit animal (as in Native American, not a 'this sloth is my spirit animal' meme) so, erm, we don't eat it.
>>
>>7660168
>Native American, not a 'this sloth is my spirit animal' meme
LOL. It's the same hipster bullshit. If it was really her 'spirit animal' and she were really a native American she'd eat the hell out of it.
>>
>>7660199
This.
>>
>>7660139
Probably because it was a fucking burger you faggot
>>
>>7660146
I don't really taste the iron myself, it has almost a sharper gamey taste though which I like.
>>
>>7659944
Triggered as fuck they aren't facing the same way

It's alright in small doses wouldn't want to go to town on a huge steak but burgers are pretty alright
>>
>>7660404
Where do you even get Bison steaks?
>>
File: 1462959318653.jpg (831 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
1462959318653.jpg
831 KB, 1600x1067
>>7659944
Bump
>>
File: images (54).jpg (29 KB, 506x290) Image search: [Google]
images (54).jpg
29 KB, 506x290
Bison Burger
>>
>>7660751
>"American cheese"
yikes
>>
It's all horse and meatglue anyway; Why pay more for a name?
>>
>>7660744
COCK
MODS MODS MODS
>>
>>7660744
kek
>>
>>7661098
>implying
>>
>>7660128
The jews
>>
File: Buffalo-Herd.jpg (1 MB, 1440x958) Image search: [Google]
Buffalo-Herd.jpg
1 MB, 1440x958
>>7663602
So Jews don't want us to eat Bison?
>>
>>7660516
Butcher I go to has them as well as one of the local grocery stores.

Don't get near the amount of intramuscular fat of a grass fed cow let alone a grain fed one so they are easy to overcook.

Prime sous vide candidates though. Maybe will pick one up and try it out.
>>
>>7660754
Sliced cheese is pretty great on a burger though. Even Japan makes "American" cheese
>>
>>7659944
I know that the Bison sushi i ate in Japan was the greatest single thing i've ever eaten. Also all western food is sooo boring and shit.
>>
>>7660114
They can't cook and they are wrong.
Bison is good shit. the cuts I've had tend to be leaner than cow.
Its def something you should try. Like crocodile and muthafuckn veal.
>>
>>7663798
I'm not saying it isn't but the flavor of American cheese (as in the type, not nationality) is meh. Swiss or Cheddar are pretty good on burgers though.
>>
>>7663803
Not really you weaboo faggot. Western food is fine, it's just not covered in spices to cover up flavor of five day old squid.
>>
>>7663803
>everything is better in japan.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.