[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weebs, please suggest a zojirushi model for me to purchase. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8
File: 41Z1WE71V0L._SX300_.jpg (10 KB, 300x257) Image search: [Google]
41Z1WE71V0L._SX300_.jpg
10 KB, 300x257
Weebs, please suggest a zojirushi model for me to purchase. I had a garbage aromna cooker that constantly burns and makes me garbage rice.
>>
>>7655707
Just pick one with a lot of good reviews.
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 1000x1000
here you go
>>
>>7655707

That would imply weebs know how to cook, or even emulate japanese culture at even the most basic level.

You want to be asking actual asians.
>>
File: 0018.png (18 KB, 299x259) Image search: [Google]
0018.png
18 KB, 299x259
>>7655726
100x this.
>>
>>7655720
they all have good reviews
>>
You sure you're doing it right? I got that and it works just fine.
>>
>>7655745
Aromas are trash
>>
File: 613JKnaDAPL._SL1001_.jpg (62 KB, 1000x1001) Image search: [Google]
613JKnaDAPL._SL1001_.jpg
62 KB, 1000x1001
http://www.amazon.com/Cuckoo-Rice-Cooker-l-CR-0631F/dp/B004QJKJFC

Korean rice makers are much better than Japanese ones.
>>
File: 1461839078394966576.jpg (25 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1461839078394966576.jpg
25 KB, 400x400
>>7655707
>>7655890
If you want good rice bet on the chinese.
>>
File: polyamory-heart-600x350.jpg (56 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
polyamory-heart-600x350.jpg
56 KB, 600x350
>>7655890
>cuck
>>
>>7655707
I have the one in your image.

It's literally perfect.

I put in X cups of rice, fill to X line in cooker, perfect rice every time.
>>
>>7655726
Honestly if people are retarded enough to spend hundreds of dollars on a rice cooker when any pot will do the same job I say go for it. Retarded people shouldn't have money anyway.
>>
>>7656187
If you like lead and plastic byproducts in your meal, sure
>>
>>7656206
what do people claim are the benefits of a rice cooker over just, you know, boiling it in water?
>>
>>7656206
hello poorfag
>>
>>7656285

It has a bunch of different features that makes it really easy and convenient to use. Aside from that the only other real plus is that it consistently makes much better rice than you can make in a pot.

If you don't eat rice often, or have the /fit/ "food is just fuel" mentality, then it's definitely a waste of your money. If you eat rice multiple times a week and enjoy having perfect rice every time at the touch of a button, spending $200 on a product that will last a decade shouldn't really be a big deal.
>>
>>7655707
>implying weeabo
i have the one in OP. it does a good job although i have little to compare it to.
>>
>>7656304
I've never had a problem with boiling it in a pan, tastes fine, certainly not going to spend $200 on some electronic bullshit to do it
>>
>>7656317

>i've never had a problem with boiling it in a pan
>boiling rice
>in a pan

You obviously fall into the category of people who don't care about the quality of your rice, so buying a nice rice cooker wouldn't make sense for you.
>>
>>7656296
Hello retard. Just tell me, what exactly does the rice cooker magically do that makes it better than a pot? Do you see top tier chefs using a fucking rice cooker? All it does it help lazy people make rice with slightly less effort. I could buy one if I wanted but there is literally no use for them. You can easily accomplish what they do with ANY pot.
>>
>>7656350
Let 'em have it. A fool and his money, that old saw...

Nobody's putting a gun to your head and forcing you to buy a rice cooker, anon.
>>
>>7656350
I love how insecure poor people are on /ck/
>>
>>7656345
What the fuck do you think a rice cooker does you flaming faggot? It boils the rice, there is no god damn difference. Just because your rice in pans turns out like shit doesn't mean everyone else can't cook and needs a babby automatic rice machine. Its a fucking easy bake oven for weaboos. Fuck you
>>
>>7656362
>there is no god damn difference
t. retard who doesn't know shit about rice
>>
>>7656253
>i will act like not everything is made in china already
>>
>>7656362

Again,

>boiling rice
>in a pan

I can guarantee that I can cook much better rice than you without using a rice cooker, but still choose to use one because it's convenient and makes better rice than I can make using a pot on the stove.
>>
File: tardo.gif (480 KB, 493x342) Image search: [Google]
tardo.gif
480 KB, 493x342
>>7656378
>I can guarantee that I can cook much better rice than you without using a rice cooker, but still choose to use one because it's convenient and makes better rice than I can make using a pot on the stove.
>>
>>7656362

Posts like this prove that you don't understand or care about the quality of your rice and having a nice rice cooker will just be wasted on you.

A rice cooker thermostatically controls the temperature the rice is cooked at while the vessel controls humidity.

A zoji can be programmed for different types of rice, and can be set to cook rice later in the day on a timer.

Your pan and burner technique can't do any of that.

For most people I think a simple black and decker is perfectly fine and will save you at least 100 bucks over a zoji - which is just a waste, and harder to clean.
>>
>>7656393

>harder to clean

The model in the OP pic has pretty much the same three parts to clean as the Black and Decker in your pic (non-stick bowl, lid, spoon).
>>
>>7656393
>A zoji can be programmed for different types of rice
kek

>and can be set to cook rice later in the day on a timer
it takes 10 fucking minutes to cook rice, what the fuck is wrong with you, shill?
>>
fucking use the stove and a pan
>>
>>7656403

yeah... but the lid and inside get steamy and you have to wipe that all down. i've had both, i promise you that the black and decker style is easier to clean.

>>7656429

brown rice takes much longer to cook, if you have hundreds of dollars to waste on a zoji, then you can't argue that freshly steamed brown rice would be nice to come home to and a pot and stove, or black and decker won't do the same.

That said - if you can read - i did still suggest not wasting money on a zoji... but for some people (rich people) it's a fine thing to blow some dough on.
>>
>>7656480
your not selling it very well
>>
>>7655726
This
>>
>>7655890

that must be why every gook that comes here buys a rice cooker to take home.
>>
>>7656480

Most of the zoji's have an internal lid that pops off for cleaning, dude.
>>
>>7657533
So it's still hard
>>
>>7655707
I bought an ns-tsc10 and it works perfectly fine. Makes the rice just fine. I go to work, get back and it's ready exactly at the programmed time. It also has a steamer, if you want to use it that way.
>>
>>7655707
http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-cook-rice-on-the-stove-44333

I suppose if you cook rice more than twice a week or so, a good rice cooker might be worth it. Otherwise just get a good quality sauce pan. I have one that was about $65 (got it on sale for $35) and it cooks rice wonderfully--no burnt or under cooked rice. And I can use it for much more than just rice. To top it off, it takes less space, and can't break unless I do some serious man-handling.
>>
>>7655707
Anyone know if Chinese-American takeout places use rice cookers?

I imagine they use something like this: http://cookwarepro.com/rinnai-lp-gas-rice-cooker-55-cup-rer55asl-p-2033.html
>>
>>7657900
>So it's still hard

How so? Stick it in the dishwasher with your other plates/bowls/whatever. No effort at all.
>>
>>7658210
Yes, they all do.
>>
>>7658213

>stick it in the dishwasher

No. The metal interior lid of a Zoji is just as easy to clean as the glass lid of a B&D.

Maybe if you don't wash your rice there will be a little residue on the inside that you can easily wipe off with a wet cloth.
>>
>>7655707

I bought an Aroma rice cooker about TWENTY years ago for $100... it's always performed perfectly, makes the best rice I've ever tasted. I freaked out @ the cost, but it's been more than worth it. I never ate much rice growing up. My kids like it, so that's been a huge plus.
>>
>>7658249
>No.
Why not? I'm running the dishwasher anyway, so why not stick the lid in there? It's not as if the dishwasher harms it.

>>The metal interior lid of a Zoji is just as easy to clean as the glass lid of a B&D.

Yes, I agree. But what does that have to do with the dishwasher? Do you perhaps live somewhere where a dishwasher is exotic?
>>
>>7655707
http://www.amazon.com/Zojirushi-NS-LAC05XT-Cooker-Warmer-Stainless/dp/B005FVROW6

I've got this in white. I bought it "used" and fulfilled by Amazon. It was $75 (Prime free shipping). It came brand new with the little plastic sheets you peel off of new electronics and everything. Someone probably got the wrong color and returned it. Maybe it was buyer's remorse.

Amazon says I purchased it on June 2, 2013. Almost three years. I love that damn thing. Add some rice and water, set the timer, come in from work, and I've got steaming hot rice waiting on me. Steam some vegetables while I sear a piece of meat. Dinner takes no more than maybe 15 minutes.
>>
>>7658259

The metal lid is thin and fragile, and it would be retarded to throw it in a dishwasher when the little bit of residue on it will come right off with the swipe of a sponge.
>>
>>7658286

I've washed my metal lid for 7 years in the dishwasher and it doesn't have a single mark or dent on it. If your dishwasher damages the lid then you must have some kind of industrial beast, or you don't know how to load/run a dishwasher.
>>
>>7658314

Do you also wash your knives in the dishwasher?
>>
>>7658340

I use carbon steel knives, they're not dishwasher safe.

What does that have to do with a rice cooker lid?
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.