[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: things that send you into a seething rage when visiting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50
ITT: things that send you into a seething rage when visiting the supermarket.

When the parents have absolutely no control over their kids and let them run wild, touching all the produce with their feces encrusted fingers and dropping the food on the floor or just outright sneezing on it. I just saw this today and immediately walked out.
>>
File: batguy.jpg (4 KB, 173x185) Image search: [Google]
batguy.jpg
4 KB, 173x185
>>7654838
people literally eat a pound of poop per month through airborne particles, and you complain about some kids fecal fingers on your produce
>>
>hiding bargain products on the bottom shelf.

I am 6' fucking 5", and you're making me crawl on the fucking ground just to save 20 cents? Fuck you!
>>
File: obese walmart.jpg (54 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
obese walmart.jpg
54 KB, 1280x720
fat people you can smell, you know what i'm talking about
>>
>>7654865
[citation needed]
>>
People who eat food before they pay for.

People who ''''''''''' it's just a sample' bro'''''''''' the bulk aisle and only end up sampling the bulk expensive nuts and all that.

Shoppers who don't say "excuse me", or "pardon me" to get an employees attention, but demand their obedience instead and not so much as say thank you (usually 30-50 year old women) I never worked in a grocery store before, but I'm sure the stockpeople and various staff deserve some respect in their workplace.

People who use massive carts but only buy maybe 20 dollars of food and drinks. use a basket you savages.

Old people leaving their carts angled so that they can effectively block off an aisle, as they stagger off down to the opposite end of the aisle

young people with groups of friends stumbling around the store talking to each other loudly, swearing. Always clutching onto their chis and energy drinks and wearing shitty grins. Sometimes I want to tell them that all the fun will be over by 17 and soon afterwards they will likely lose contact with their friends.

Teenagers who ironically grab the little 5 year old push carts.

Parents who spend more time with their kids wandering down the junk food aisle with heir kid then they do shopping produce, meats and dairy. All that shit they see imprints om their kids.

Cashiers who insist on commenting on what I purchase. I am not a fatass socially awkward whale anymore (I'm a socially awkward skeleton now) and I am always happy to fake a conversation with another person now, but commenting on things I buy gets to me. I find it's only the older cashiers who do it, so I avoid them as much as I can.
>>
>>7654950
I want to visit America and see the native scoot'N'shoot in his native habitat.
>>
Why did you walk out from this? This has nothing to do with kids poopy fingers.
>>
File: frankie munez.jpg (7 KB, 285x287) Image search: [Google]
frankie munez.jpg
7 KB, 285x287
>>7655453
>scoot n' shoot
>>
>>7654910
The idea being that newer brand products will be at eye level for the adults.
Usually store brand and discounted items that won't sell as well are towards the bottom.
>>
>>7654865
we don't all live in india.
>>
When it is not a purpose built supermarket and is a franchise set up in a building originally designed for something else.

There is one specific supermarket in my city that if you are down an aisle and someone wants to get past, you have to hug the display to let them. I used to go in it in my last job while waiting for the bus so used to have a rucksack on, it was a nightmare.

It just seems like it would contravene some sort of disability law as there is no way in hell that someone in a wheelchair could realistically shop there. I know small businesses get some leeway with that but a franchise of a multi-billion corporation?
>>
>>7655482
Your filename made me laugh 2bh, it's good that we can make each others day brighter.
>>
People who wander around walking as if they're lost, but are not. They're walking suuuuuper slow, occasionally and suddenly just stop for no reason but plainly know where they're going. I don't expect everyone to be walking as briskly as me, but fuck's sake, at least keep moving. They're always young and able-bodied too. Fucking yokel chucklefucks.
>>
>>7655631
I do this. Usually I'm either thinking about changing dinner or debating getting something else. I do move the hell out of the way though.
>>
Someone post the webm, of that kid who shits on the floor and walks casually away.
>>
File: 1462218339500.jpg (250 KB, 923x1382) Image search: [Google]
1462218339500.jpg
250 KB, 923x1382
i do most of my shopping in chinatown,
old chinese women dont give a fuck.
theyll scoot right in front of you.
old chinese women dont give a fuck.
>>
File: image_1.png (107 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
image_1.png
107 KB, 320x287
The old people who had all morning to go shopping but decided to do it in the evening and get in my way when I'm in a rush to get home from working all day.
>>
>>7655416
>Old people leaving their carts angled so that they can effectively block off an aisle, as they stagger off down to the opposite end of the aisle

This is the best thing to have happen. When they're not looking you make off with their cart and put it in the next aisle over. They get so confused you can almost see the thought cross their mind that they suddenly developed alzheimers.
>>
>>7655755
>and they always pay with a check and take 30 minutes filling it out at the register
>>
>>7654910
they're called low prices for a reason, anon
>>
>>7655416
>Cashiers who insist on commenting on what I purchase. I am not a fatass socially awkward whale anymore (I'm a socially awkward skeleton now) and I am always happy to fake a conversation with another person now, but commenting on things I buy gets to me. I find it's only the older cashiers who do it, so I avoid them as much as I can.

This.
>>
>>7654838
I hate going to the supermarket and seeing old people who are alive instead of dead. They're too fucking old to continue living, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>7655474
They were grabbing the food I wanted to get.
>>
when there's people there. I usually do my shopping before work. i found a supermarket relatively close to me that opens at 6 in the morning, so I go there to shop in peace
>>
File: Kornheiser_Why.jpg (23 KB, 288x499) Image search: [Google]
Kornheiser_Why.jpg
23 KB, 288x499
>that fucking mom who decides to take her entire trolley full of shit through the self checkout
>>
>Maddox: the thread

I wish you guys could at least be hilariously overblown about your whining. At least you'd be funny.
>>
>>7655865
When do they put out the fresh produce? The store I go to I can go at noon and they're still stocking it.
>>
>>7655905
Depends on the store, and when their shipments come in, I guess. The store I like is open before dawn. They stock the produce at like 5-6 am. It's fucking awesome shopping in the morning getting to pick the best produce items in the store that day. The produce guys always say good morning to me and have been leaving the nicest stuff on top for me now. I've noticed they do restocks midday. If you go after work, it's like night and day. It's definitely lesser quality produce by then. but it doesn't get marked down. Upside of evening shopping is the discounted meats. I'd rather have the better produce though.
>>
File: dicks.png (65 KB, 237x230) Image search: [Google]
dicks.png
65 KB, 237x230
>>7655894
>the woman who takes 16 items into the 15 items or less lane
>>
>people who put their cart off to one side of an aisle and then stand directly parallel while looking at the other side of the aisle effectively blocking the entire aisle
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE PUT YOUR GODDAMN CART ON THE SAME FUCKING SIDE OF THE AISLE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Old people trying to use expired coupons,

I went food shopping today, there was this old fuck buying like 20 cans of beans because apparently, they were advertised in last week's flyer for like 30 cents less per can or some shit.

Any rate, he didn't seem to realize that the price from last week's flyer was no longer valid, given that it was Monday. The cashier tried to explain it to him, and he just didn't get it, and kept accusing the cashier of stealing from him and demanded to see the manager. Took like 20 minutes to get this fuck out of the way, and I was kind of stuck in line behind him because there were a bunch of other people behind me and all the other lines were long too.

I mean, the fucker must not have been saving more than 5.00 or so. Was that really worth pissing off every other fucking person in the store?
>>
>>7656050
Five bucks is five bucks, and why should he give a shit about your opinion?
>>
>>7656056
Because the special was already over and he thought he was still entitled to it because ???, and held up the line for 20 fucking minutes for no fucking reason.
>>
>>7655967
I've miscounted once or twice and gone over 15, but i generally stop at 10.
>>
File: 1134393157_1978.jpg (45 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1134393157_1978.jpg
45 KB, 500x375
>>7655453
>scoot'n'shoot
>>
File: slurp.jpg (130 KB, 355x440) Image search: [Google]
slurp.jpg
130 KB, 355x440
park right next to cart return for big trips
>50% less likely faggot dings ur door
>empty cart and put in cart return quickly

wear headphones with loud ass music playing
>cant hear overhead awful music
>cant hear anything and people accept it
>90% less likely to have any interaction with ANYONE while shopping, including sample whores
pro-tip: train yourself to stop any eye contact by stopping your vision at the necks of people
also, will recommend chris liebing amfm podcasts for a solid marching beat.

>cleaning, paper, toiletries first
>dry/jarred second
>produce third
>finish with fridge then freezer
>get to register, frozen on belt first, then fridge, etc
if u have a decent tier bagger you'll get home with everything seperated to get cold foods away first

psycho mode: wear sunglasses or even welding glasses and look like a complete creep asshole

idiot mode: shop hungry or with your gf.
>>
>>7656116
People who walk around with headphones are some of the most entitled faggots out there. I'd ding the crap out of your car just on principle.
>>
>>7656116
>produce third

Produce should come first because you use some sanitary alcohol gel in the car to wash your hands so when you pick out your lettuce you won't contaminate it. Get it in the bag asap and then you're free to touch the filthy cans and boxes 1000 other people have already manhandled that day.
>>
>>7654838
>big cold secttion of supermarket is one single wall , already big mistake.
>that fucking old lady that walks next to it all the way from start to finish like she was taking a slow car ride checking out the neghborhood and forces anyone checking something out to move so she acn continue her stroll
>kids, people who complain about young ones dont take into account 14 year olds fucking up with the produce, god have mercy of your soul if you need to grab something for lunch and you live next to a school district or else its two continuos hours of gigant lines of kids holding 2 or 3 items each
>by the way lets talk about those fuckers that figure out they will buy grocerys for a month during peak hours
>people touching, squeezing, rubbing every little thing. I get wanting to check expiration dates, i get being curious about something you never saw and might want to try and i even get changing your mind about getting something but do you really need to know how cold it still is after 15 minutes of holding it
>lol look at this awesome deal, shame i just brought enough money for milk, i know i will grab 10 units and hide them around the store so i can come back in a couple hours
>soccer moms that grab a bag of chips and open them so them keeedz can eat while she moves her lardaround the store. Its really fucking un hygenic and i know you arent goinn gto pay for them
>the i just grab everything that looks yummy and return half of it in the check out because i didnt bring nearly enough money and i didnt calculate how much all this costs le le le meme guy
>the its muh purse ah dont know you mom fighting the security guard for 20 minutes over not letting him check her purse she brought into the store wich is obviously full of stolen chocolate bars while i actually need help
>small talk scott trying to score with the cashier for ten minutes
>the cashiers roomate that wants to fully stock the fridge and gets half the shit (which is 90% of the price) not really marked
>>
>>7655416
>Cashiers who insist on commenting on what I purchase. I am not a fatass socially awkward whale anymore (I'm a socially awkward skeleton now) and I am always happy to fake a conversation with another person now, but commenting on things I buy gets to me. I find it's only the older cashiers who do it, so I avoid them as much as I can.

Fuck. Why? Stop commenting on my life choices you fucking bint.
>>
>>7656130
>by the way lets talk about those fuckers that figure out they will buy grocerys for a month during peak hours

Just reminds me of a month ago when there was only one register open and I had one item and the people in front of me bought $450 worth of food. Fuck's sake.
>>
>>7656130
>old people complaining about the price of everything hogging the line for 20 fucking minutes
>people who talk to you, bitch im not an employee.
>drunk people trying to get more drunk during hours were alcohol is not sold
>by the way that bitch that decided to buy vodka for a party 5 minutes before selling alcohol is ilegal and turns out there is a half an hour line, she will try to cut in line, try to negotiate your spot in line and when she fails she will bitch and moan loudly about being in the store before it was too late to purchase vodka
>the fucking faggot that buys every little bit of stock of one single product, i know is a supermarket so they have more in the back but they aint restocking until the store is closed
>whener they are offering wine samples there are 600 fuckers who cant give enough of a shit to throw it in the tiny bin or kep iy until they are outside so there are sticky plastic glasses all over the place
>that trashy mom with 3 children or old lady that will plead and beg for the cashieer to give her a discount or else she cant afford X (she totally can) knowing some beta retard or soccer mom will foot the bill
>the faggot that foots the bill
>the horribly missplaced item shelf nobody can find
>eggs, every fucking store has a different placement for eggs. Next to the dairy? next to the meat? next to the frozen vegetables?, next to the bread?
>anyone who buys a blanket, a chair, a fuckin tv or any other thing that shouldnt belong in a supermarket, it takes 30 minutes to finish the entire process
>lets spray every deodorant to see which one i like, you dont get to taste every cheese to see which one you like you piece of shit.
>the b retard who likes to switch price tags
>>
>>7656146
yeah, i mean its ok to do that on a weekend, everyone knows that saturday is lets stock the fridge day especially the first and last one of the month but no, you had to buy everything on a tuesday night as the store is about to close, it wouldnt bother me as much if it wasnt for the 40 geniouses that figured this out
>>
>>7656188
Anon switching price tags is how I afford steak so get off your high horse
>>
>>7656116
>wear sunglasses or even welding glasses and look like a complete creep asshole
There's some guy that does this where I work, he always wears sunglasses with a hat and pulled up hoodie. Never takes any of them off indoors.
>oh fuck this guy is definitely going to steal someth-
>oh wait it's just anon picking up their scripts
>>
>>7655502
actually these can be quite nice, this supermarket near me had this entire big room that they couldnt just assimilate into the big square store shape so they decided to put everything a usual grocery store has there so while people crowded the meat, dairy, vegetables, drinks and candy isles this part of the market had a lot of open space between shelves, different music and a couple people buying making it feel more like a really nice small grocery store.
I remember this other one from my childhood that had a lower area you had to access with a ramp with all the snacks and candy.
That kind of thing makes the stores less souless
>>
>>7656227
fuck you, i calculate the price of every little ting to know the exact sum im spending because of my extreme fear of being publicly humilliated by being short on cash and when someone pulls that shit and my total is way higer i end up paying for everything anyways even if it means not eating for a couple of days
>>
File: 1460050060629.gif (2 MB, 225x169) Image search: [Google]
1460050060629.gif
2 MB, 225x169
>People that go to the 15 items or less isle with 16 or more items, then pay with a check

There's a SPECIAL PLACE IN HELL for these people
>>
>>7656275
>only 16
i have seen people going with 25 products
>>
>lactose intolerance
>Don't give a fuck
>Eat and drink a ton of dairy
>Crop-dusting entire store
>People coughing
>>
>>7656283

>tfw drink tons of fizzy beverages so always gassy
>All my farts are silent

They wont know until it is too late
>>
>>7656275
>>7656282
Yeah, 16 is fine, I don't care. Some people bring full cartloads to the express checkout, and the cashier basically can't do dick about it.

I also hate the people who get into the self-checkout lines when they clearly do not know how to use them, and there's an available cashier an aisle or two over who could have rung them out in 1/8 of the time it took them to figure out how to breathe and not fall onto the floor when they walk. Fuck you,
>>
>>7656329
i once went to the supermarket next to college because i was on a diet and needed fruit every two hours and the machine to weight it had to be operated by the costumers, i spent ten minutes trying to figure out and another ten whit 3 people trying to help me while an angry line growed bigger and bigger
turns out the machine was out of papper
>>
>>7656274

Autism

>>7656282

Yeah I do this all the time. I'm not going to go to a fucking isle just because I don't have time to count my groceries. Sometimes I bring a whole cartfull over there and no one says shit

>>7656127
>putting that much work in just to get a vegetable

I'm sorry but I'll admit I use the grocery store restroom without washing my hands and I've gone into produce afterwards before. I'm not taking the time to wash my hands in a grocery store. Just remember to wash your fruit and veggies
>>
>>7655416
>People who eat food before they pay for.
I've literally done this every time I've gone into a store in my life and I'm glad it makes you angry. Keep on being a little beta bitch who plays by society's rules, me, I'll be eating a package of black forest ham and drinking a soda on my way to the register.
>>
>>7656340
i hope you get shot while entering your group home in the ghetto, good luck we dont shop at the same store
>>
>>7656340
>>7656355
samefag
>>
File: suckmycock.png (4 KB, 348x122) Image search: [Google]
suckmycock.png
4 KB, 348x122
>>7656360
Try again.
>>
>>7656365
so you own a smartphone? welcome to the club buddy
>>
>>7656365
>actually responding
>>
>>7656369
>>7656370
Suck.
My.
Cock.
>>
>>7656357
I specifically catch the bus to the nicest, whitest part of town and act like a full on fucking degenerate. Nothing makes me happier. This thread has actually given me some nice new ideas.
>>
>>7656372
i would but i dont eat appetizers before a full dinner, no matter how tiny they are
>>
>>7655703
I was just telling my roommate exactly the same thing today after visiting the Chinese market. He lived in China for 7 years and answered "How do you think they live to be so old? By not giving a fuck!"
>>
>>7656374
i buy my grocerys before colsing, i dobut you dare to dare to go back rto the ghetto that late and even if you do there re security guards here who are former police officers that got fired for beating up niggers and anyone who sees you will call the police who havent been fired for beating up niggers but are happy to get the chance
>>
Never tried watercress before and saw some in the produce isle the other day.
I took a single leaf and tried it to see if it's something I could use in a dish.

Does this make me an asshole for not wanting to spend money on something I have no idea if I want or not?
>>
Idiot cashiers who refuse to learn the goddamn produce.

There's a huge price difference with some apple types, for one thing.

I'm also fucking sick of the store being loaded with sweet onions that nobody buys and is always out of goddamn yellow onions which these twat cashiers constantly ring up as sweet onions, hence why the store is loaded with those shitty things.
>>
>>7656395
If you can't afford to buy a tiny bit then yes it makes you an asshole. I don't open the icecream and take a little scoop to figure out if I like the taste
>>
>>7656401
If the ice cream had little sample spoons sitting on top of the container you would. That's the same as eating a leaf of something you're not familiar with.
>>
>>7656404
I wouldn't get the chance because you would have eaten all of them already
Plus it's not a free taste, you are pulling the leaf from a branch while touching the entire thing with your greasy smelly fingers
How about I get lo lick everything you buy?
>>
>>7656421
Do you think I need to rub my hands all over the plant to pick one little leaf off? Literally the only part that's touched is going to be consumed by the person who touched it, autismo. The guy in the back of the store who put it on the display probably has dirtier hands than anyone who might sample a leaf from it.
>>
File: 1311726736782.png (30 KB, 720x255) Image search: [Google]
1311726736782.png
30 KB, 720x255
>>7656338
>college...on a diet
>costumer
>whit 3 people
>angry line growed
>out of papper

skip the diet next time and enroll in college
>>
>>7656428
I dobut it Paco was able to hold a job long enough to be put in the fresh produce section
How about this then I want to buy dessert but I don't like what they are selling so instead I grab a plastic bag, put some strawberry's on and then I need some whipped cream right? But a can is too much so I open the whipped cream and put a healthy amount inside the bag with my strawberry's and even some chocolate syrup, I set the open can and bottle aside to anyone to use or the store to dispose, close the bag and have my tasty treat weighted, that's fair right?
NE f time I want a salad I can take half a tomato and half an onion too
>>
>>7656430
Haha it's funny because I actually have a sight codittion and can barely read what I type right?
>>
>>7656448
You should make an appointment with an optometrist.
>>
>>7656477
I have and it has been diagnosed, it's not a problem until my eyes get really tired, sometimes they get so tired they sting hard
>>
>>7656485
I'm glad you're taking care of it an consulting with professional health care providers.
>>
Guys who are always alone, typically in their 20's, who are seemingly normal but you can just tell they've never even been on a date.
>>
>>7656050
he was thinking about thos Beans
>>
>>7656340
>Just remember to wash your fruit and veggies

I can't disinfect them with bleach. Take the 30 seconds to wash your hands you filthy animal.
>>
File: 1438014927827.jpg (36 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1438014927827.jpg
36 KB, 396x385
>>7656142
I fucking hate it when cashiers just look at my food and comment on it
JUST LET ME GET MY FUCKING WUNDER BEANS AND LEAVE ME ALONE
>>
>>7655812
Heheheh, I liked it anon
>>
File: JD.jpg (50 KB, 303x379) Image search: [Google]
JD.jpg
50 KB, 303x379
>>7656519
>assuming that you have a right to privacy
>assuming that right holds in public spaces
>>
File: 1399609803214.jpg (152 KB, 579x529) Image search: [Google]
1399609803214.jpg
152 KB, 579x529
>>7656491
>>
>>7656508
>Take the 30 seconds to wash your hands you filthy animal.

I'm not going to stay in the grocery store any longer than I need to be. I don't have time to wash my hands when I'm in the store, I'm in a hurry. Just clean your produce, it will be fine
>>
>>7656508
Get a better stomach. Give it twenty or so years; you'll probably be able to buy yourself a new one that isn't weaker than a dead baby.
>>
>>7656534
>assuming Derrida was anything but a fraud
>>
>>7656534
I know but it just makes me uncomfortable when they do that
>OOOOOOOHH WHATS THIS??
Australian licorice..
>SOUNDS YUMMY :DDDDD
u-uh huh
That's how it's like, doesn't it feel uncomfortable?
>>
File: Foucault5.jpg (15 KB, 244x300) Image search: [Google]
Foucault5.jpg
15 KB, 244x300
>>7656544
>pontificating on Derrida as though on were in an unironic milieu
>>
>>7656544
>assuming Derrida isn't the godfather of shitposting
>>
>>7656555
I bet they put the potato back in the pile to be sold later too
>>
>>7656555
see you in 3 days kiddo
>>
>>7656569

This honestly couldn't be more true.
>>
>>7656576
?
>>
>>7656502
Funny thing, he actually was buying Bush's beans.
>>
File: F(ing)Bacon.jpg (21 KB, 250x309) Image search: [Google]
F(ing)Bacon.jpg
21 KB, 250x309
>>7656569
I, myself, could not have expressed the concept more clearly or explicitly than you, sire, have done. Much praise shall I proffer to you.
>>
>>7654838
I try to avoid the supermarket, not because it sends me into a seething rage, but because my little ethnic and specialty markets have better stuff or better prices, often both. But the things that annoy me about the supermarket are:

- Most of what's for sale is crap. I don't need boxes of cereal, jars of spaghetti sauce, cans of corned beef, soda, deli meat, bad bread wrapped in plastic, snack foods or awful salad dressings and condiments. I just want to buy ingredients and cook my own food. Most of what's in the supermarket isn't ingredients.

- Waiting in line is one of those little indignities I do my best to avoid. It's common at the supermarket. I will avoid markets so poorly set up that waiting to pay for my shit is just built into the experience.

- The other customers are usually people I'd rather avoid. Because even if they're people I'd otherwise like when you put them under bad lighting and make them wait in line they become assholes. So do I. And the underpaid employees are really no better. So you've got a badly lit room full of mostly shitty food and assholes. Not a place I want to be.

Contrast that with an actual market where individual vendors who are generally proud of what they're selling and happy to interact with the customers who are enjoying the experience of shopping there. The supermarket is just fucking degrading.

-
>>
File: 1462762922403.jpg (128 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1462762922403.jpg
128 KB, 900x675
>>7656609
>I don't need boxes of cereal, jars of spaghetti sauce, cans of corned beef, soda, deli meat, bad bread wrapped in plastic, snack foods or awful salad dressings and condiments. I just want to buy ingredients and cook my own food

>you've got a badly lit room full of mostly shitty food and assholes. Not a place I want to be.

>individual vendors who are generally proud of what they're selling and happy to interact with the customers who are enjoying the experience of shopping there
>>
Nigger women talking on their giant fucking phones with filthy profanities ensuring their children end up being tagged with emotional behavior disorder and diabetes because shes too stupid and lazy to cook (or work) so she uses her EBT to buy corn dogs macaroni and cheese fruit punch drink and store brand Doritos. And takes forever in line too.

Also native injuns who do the same thing, minus the cell phone
>>
>>7655901
Yes, because maddox invented petty grievances.

Fuck off, retard.
>>
>>7656609

baaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttt
>>
>>7656632
I'm missing something here. Are you saying if you find the supermarket degrading and would rather shop at a market with individual vendors or at specialty stores you're an edgy neckbeard? Fuck, man, I'm so glad I don't live wherever you do.
>>
>>7656491
Gettin' real sick of your shit, anon.
>>
>>7655901
The fuck's a Maddox?
>>
I'm a pretty confident, successful dude, but the grocery store does make me feel awkward. Like a bunch of others have said, the commentary is annoying as fuck, whether it's from the cashier or other people. The men's shampoo is on the makeup aisle where I go. Almost undoubtedly, some chick always makes a comment to me about being in there, and I have to fake a shitty smile.

We have a guy right at the front door who tries to sell shitty grocery store sushi samples like they're a mansion in Beverly Hills - and he won't stop when you try to say thanks.

And yeah, the people who just eat and drink shit while they wander around... fuckin' control yourself. You can wait the 20 minutes you're in the store to actually make your purchase so some poor cashier doesn't have to pass along your half eaten food, if you even pay for it at all.
>>
>>7656555
That's beautiful.
>>
>>7656609
>Waiting in line is one of those little indignities I do my best to avoid.

Watch out fellas, we're in the presence of royalty here.
>>
>>7656329
I used to work in a grocery store and I know people will do this of their own volition but a lot of times if its busy or a line is backing up the front end manager will send people through the express lanes to clear up the front end, there's a lot of metrics and monitoring that goes on and front end will get in trouble if certain percentages and whatnot are not met
>>
File: hypocrisy.jpg (7 KB, 256x197) Image search: [Google]
hypocrisy.jpg
7 KB, 256x197
>>7656632
>posting on /ck/
>implying other co/ck/s are autistic
>>
Shit like I saw today:

>be behind black chick at check out
>she buys literally nothing except soda and snacks
>a few frozen dinners
>pays with a food stamps card

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>7656329
16 or even 17 is one that surprises me people would care about. The small local grocery store in my area sells bagged rolls, three in a bag for $1 with a price tag on the bag. Or you can buy them one at a time from the bakery proper in a different bag with slapped on sticker.
Sealed bag of rolls doesn't ring up a bag of rolls, it rings up as three individual items and then applies a discount. You walk up with 15 items or so you think and end up going two over because they did the system entry that way.
Some of the produce and other things have done the same thing, a sealed bag will ring up as multiple of the item for some reason.
>>
>>7656681
Oh, come on. Given the choice between waiting in line or not wouldn't you always choose not if it were a legit option and not going to cost you some outrageous amount of extra money? I don't know anyone who thinks lining up like a fucking jerk off is a good part of any experience.
>>
File: 5408974130988.jpg (45 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
5408974130988.jpg
45 KB, 355x355
>picking out habaneros for a habanero sauce I wanted to make
>some fucker comes up and says "wow that looks dangerous"
>I only grab like 5 so he doesn't judge me anymore

FUCK OFF LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE I JUST WANT TO SHOP. NOW I HAVE TO GO BACK AND GET MORE FUCKVUFUCKFuCCK
>>
File: verysad.gif (515 KB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
verysad.gif
515 KB, 245x200
>>7656676
>gets chatted up by a young lady
>considers it an annoying inconvenience
>>
File: 1444836110869.jpg (20 KB, 349x385) Image search: [Google]
1444836110869.jpg
20 KB, 349x385
>>7656491
>>
>>7656491
Joke's on you. I'm in my mid 30s.
>>
>>7656700
Just man up. Toss one in your mouth and slowly chew it up before swallowing while maintaining constant, intense, eye contact.
>>
>>7656674
Guy who rants about inane shit on youtube.
>>
>>7656706
got him
>>
People who want paper + plastic bags. For some reason this just annoys me very much, even though it has nothing to do with me. They often say something like "plastic bags always break", or that they aren't strong enough. I'm fucking convinced they're all liars, plastic bags have never broken for me, ever, no matter how much shit is in them. And yet it seems like every other customer thinks their plastic bags won't hold the groceries. I don't get it.
>>
>>7657418
>I'm fucking convinced they're all liars, plastic bags have never broken for me, ever
It might depend on where you shop regularly.

Some plastic bags completely lose structural integrity if there are any cuts on hem, especially around the rim.
>>
>>7654865
DESIGNATED DETECTED
>>
People zig zagging all over the place because they can only handle reading their shopping lists serially. They should institute a one way system like ikea. You've got seven fucking items on that thing, just go aisle by aisle you broken human roomba.
>>
>>7655905
yeah, if you go at noon you're probably seeing them re-stocking. I have a friend who manages the fruit and vegetables part of a supermarket, and she's told me they have to put everything out before they open
>>
>>7656233
>he always wears sunglasses with a hat and pulled up hoodie

I always do this. Didn't realize it was weird. It helps me feel comfortable around people, but now I'm gonna get all self-conscious about it :(
>>
>>7657529
it makes it obvious that you can't handle any social situations and it just looks strange
>>
>>7655416
>Cashiers who insist on commenting on what I purchase
Was in Walmart not too long ago getting some things and realized I needed condoms. Had the fucking 32 pack in my cart. Making small talk with qt3.14 cashier. Belt gets to condoms. Immediately Bert stares me and doesn't say another word apart from my total.

I think I met an autist cashier.
>>
>>7654838
>being in line with one or two items and you have to ask if you can cut infront of the fucker loading an entire trolley because they won't offer it to you, despite the fact that you'll be done paying before they've even got half their shit on the conveyor belt.

>People who pick up perishable items and decide they don't want them halfway round the store so they'll leave meats, dairy etc in the bread aisle or wherever they happen to be

>people who take shit out of your trolley because they saw it and can't be arsed to get it from its aisle

>self scanners and self service checkouts at Tesco, fuck you - hire some kid or pass the savings on to the customer, but Tesco does neither, infact as they save money they push up the prices

>people who block aisles because they're inconsiderate

>fuckers who want to have a chat with the cashier and hold up everyone else in the queue

>selling spices like Cinnamon sticks in little Schwarz jars for £1 but selling 5 times the weight in a bag in the ethnic section for the same price, stop ripping me off you fucks
>>
I worked in a supermarket before entered into the navy.

The thing that I fucking hated of that job was about the people who pick something to buy, but later regret it, and instead of putting the product where they found it, they simple put it around their near.

So, at 11 pm, the shop is a chaos.

Sorry for my english. Im not from a english speaker country.
>>
>>7657529
>dressing like a hoodlum
>not realizing it makes you look like a hoodlum
>>
I'm sorry I don't have the weekends off and have to go shopping on a Thursday night you cunts. I hope I end up in front of you next shopping trip.
>>
>>7655502
This chain of super cheap supermarkets moved into a tiny 19th century commercial walk-up type thing in the middle of a hipster neighbourhood. Non-food stuff is up three flights of narrow, rickety stairs, and the shitty ventilation/insulation means it's chokingly stuffy up there.

The weird part is, it's not some memetastic chain that hipsters love. It's the sort of truly dingy, downmarket place that caters to foreign laborers on what practically amount to slave contracts.
>>
>>7655965
You lucky fuck. I have a 24h grocery store in my neighbourhood, but they stock the shelves at 10am, and (I think) 4pm. It's good around those times, but at any other time they'll be out of various staples and what produce remains will be 3rd rate crap that hasn't borne up to the furiously hands-on inspection of Chinese grandmas.
>>
File: eggieweggs.jpg (321 KB, 900x523) Image search: [Google]
eggieweggs.jpg
321 KB, 900x523
>>7654838

need only 8 eggs for tomorrow's brunch but they only come in 6 or 12 count cartons

I mean wtf?!?!
>>
Old people that think it matters that you pay the exact amount with change. They're always a dollar short and have to check every pocket and part of their bag to find a collection of dimes and nickels.

At some point I thought this practise would die out because old people now grew up with credit cards and debit cards so they're just being cunts
>>
>>7657589
You're the best anon. Kek
>>
>>7654838
College students who use the self check out for their months worth of groceries. This happens at the store by my job and usually happens when I just got off and want to buy a six pack. Thankfully I skipped middle age and jumped right to old age, so I have no problem telling them how rude it is and generally being a grumpy asshole.

Anyone paying with EBT whose cart is full of red meat, sugary shit, frozen meals and generally processed bullshit. Surprise surprise they're all obese, so not only do I pay for their food, but when their fatasses have to go to the emergency room.

People who don't control their kids (I'm looking at you Mexicans who all pop out half a dozen). I've taken to either barking at the kids or lightly hitting them with my cart. I've gotten more than my share of nasty looks and I've had a couple mom's try to bitch me out. I usually just say, should have been watching your kids and walk away.
>>
File: wifebeater.jpg (13 KB, 236x344) Image search: [Google]
wifebeater.jpg
13 KB, 236x344
women who buy toilet paper at the grocery store

seriously, does the whole world need to know about your digestive system?
>>
>>7657736
I agree with you when it comes to the supermarket. But when I shop at small businesses they prefer change and small bills because they tend to run low on those by evening. Also, many of the small shops (and a surprising number of restaurants) near me are still cash only. I only use a card at the supermarket, the gas station and the wine shop. Everything else I do is still in cash.
>>
>>7654910
Eye-level is buy-level you moron
>>
>>7657745
Everyone poops, you know
>>
>>7656329
Grocery store cashier here. I don't care if you have a few more than 15 items as long as you're fast about it or if there's no one else in my line.

My managers have given me full discretion to kick out anyone who has 15+ items. Sometimes I'll wait until faggots like >>7656340
unload their carts halfway then tell them to go elsewhere so they have to put it all back in their cart and then go to another huge line.
>>
>>7657764
Doing gods work anon, kick those fuckers out.
>>
Why does it seem like cashiers don't know shit about the produce? When I get peppers, onions, etc they never seem to know which kind it is and have to ask. Do they not train them at all?
>>
People who just stop randomly in the middle of the aisle and then give YOU a snotty look when you politely ask them to move their cart.

One bitch did this to me then tiffed at me when I asked if I could get my cart around hers. I got so pissed I yelled at her to move the fuck out of the way.

Also, when I'm standing in line waiting to put my groceries on the counter and that one inconsiderate asshole has to be so close behind you that he may as well try and snag my wallet.

For those people I like to act like I'm looking at the candy or something next to me, purposefully back up into them, then make a huge scene about how I didn't know they were so close.

Bonus points if I can step on their feet.
>>
Customers who leave their cart in the line because they forgot something and go back through the store to get it
>>
When I was a cashier, it always annoyed me when an item was missing a barcode and I had to send someone to get another one, the customer would always just bark the price at me. It's not like we can just enter the price. We don't have that power. I understand if the customer doesn't know this, but I feel like more of them should know.

Also, my store always made us ask the customers for donations, to certain causes. I hated that, I think its so fucking trashy. But supervisors got mad if I didn't ask.
>>
File: 1000px-Sams_Club.svg[1].png (45 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1000px-Sams_Club.svg[1].png
45 KB, 1000x1000
>greeters
>that guy that checks your ticket on the way out
>cable/power company sales people
ffs I'm paying to buy here, please don't bother me.
>>
>>7657764
But that causes more delay . I'd bertstare you until you do your job or security throw me out
>>
>>7657848
That anon's job is to keep the express aisle running smoothly by kicking out the assholes who think they're special and can break the rules.

Stop being a precious snowflake and act like an adult.
>>
>>7654865
India is a statistical outlier and should not be counted.
>>
> walk in and see self-checkout is open
> come back 5 minutes later and they are all closed
> the two normal lines open have 50 people in each
> leave groceries in cart and go somewhere else
>>
>>7657848
That's happened before. I usually just shut down my line and go on break but not before I explain to everyone in line behind you that since you refuse to follow basic rules since you're a special snowflake, they now have to go wait in a huge line as well for their 5-6 items.

At this point, the offender usually gets so flustered under the gaze of pissed off customers that they just wander off while mumbling how they're going to shop at Walmart from now on or something.

Public shaming is awesome.
>>
>>7657876
ITT Things that never happen in a country where every customer is a special snowflake
>>
>>7657745

was behind a woman in a grocery store line last night who was buying toilet paper AND food at the same time

one of the grossest things I've seen in a long time
>>
File: shopping-cart.jpg (113 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
shopping-cart.jpg
113 KB, 500x375
Pic related triggers me the most. Groceries are marginally more expensive because the store has to pay someone to go gather all the carts in the god damn parking lot. How can you walk your fat ass around the store but can't be bothered to walk the cart back? fuck I hate selfish people.
>>
File: in one end and out the other.jpg (29 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
in one end and out the other.jpg
29 KB, 600x316
>>7657889
>>
>>7657896
I always make sure to put my trolley away, unless there's no trolley return, then the cunts are asking for it.
>>
>>7657884
I treat every customer as a special snowflake as long as they follow the rules. You can even be as rude of an asshole as you desire to be or even drunk off your ass as long as you have 15 or less items. I don't really care.

But when you hamper me and/or others from doing our job effectively and efficiently to the point to where it hurts our performance, I'm going to use every card I have up my sleeve to get you into compliance. I'm sure you wouldn't tolerate the same thing at your work; I just happen to be blessed with managers who feel the same way.
>>
>>7657911
>ITT: Bagboy tries to act tough on the internet, just comes off sad.
>>
>>7655967
>the woman who takes 16 items items into the 15 items or less lane
fuck I'd be fine with that. It's the people who bring in a whole fkin cart full of shit. ....and then bust-out a book full of coupons. Usually foreign people.
>>
File: X2qh5.jpg (84 KB, 965x330) Image search: [Google]
X2qh5.jpg
84 KB, 965x330
Surprised noone's posted this gem regarding parental ignorance yet.

>>7656676
Man up, grab some cosmetics off the shelf, and ask her for opinion on which is your color.
>>
>>7657913
>ITT: Asshole who refuses to follow basic instructions and inconveniences others throws petty insults around when he learns people elsewhere don't give in to his childishness.

I can greentext too! What fun!
>>
File: kromit.jpg (21 KB, 174x167) Image search: [Google]
kromit.jpg
21 KB, 174x167
>>7656491
>>
>>7657923
>Being this assmad over your deadend life.
I was going to add something, but being a bagboy is definitely something to be sad about.
>>
>>7654838
> be me shipping in Vancouver toys r us
> little Chinese fob kids playing on all the toys and making a racket
> little girl hitting a box with a baseball bat and fucking it up
> grab bat and put it out of reach
> say to kid "no! No! Bad!"
> little kid bursts out crying and runs to fob dad
> fob dad looks at me like wtf
> bertstare him until they go away
>>
>>7657941
Just until I get my degree in process control engineering. Thanks for your concern over my life, but I am doing just fine!
>>
>>7657951
Your pissy attitude and adherence to petty rules will serve you well in a corporate environment. I'm not even kidding
>>
>>7657965
>goes out of his way to inconvenience other people
>claims they have a pissy attitude

wew lad
>>
>>7657951
>Goes to uni for a fucking factory job.
>Isn't even trying to further his career, so he sits in the least important job in modern society.
10/10, great life choices.
>>
>>7656676
>some chick always makes a comment to me
>have to fake a shitty smile.
Are you gay? You get girls coming to you (instead of the other way 'round) and you're complaining about it?
>>
>>7654838
>immediately walked out.
no you didnt
>>
File: 1430527032741.jpg (60 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1430527032741.jpg
60 KB, 640x960
>>7655416

>tfw working customer service
>>
At my supermarket, they periodically have some promotion with some credit card company or another, and they'll be some asshole from the credit card company stalking the aisles looking for victims.

If you are unfortunate enough to stop around one of them for whatever reason or make eye contact, they will descend on you with their spiel about how good a deal this card is and if you tell them you don't need it, they'll tell you it's free so there's no reason not to sign up, and fucking hound you about it.

I had this one dude the other day, as soon as he started walking up to me I told him I wasn't interested, but he still launched into his spiel, and when I told him I wasn't interested again, he followed me for like 3 full minutes trying to explain why I needed this new card before he finally fucked off.

Why the fuck is this a thing? Fucko outta here while I'm shopping, I wanna get my shit and go home, not be harassed by some faggot with a clipboard.
>>
>>7657819
>power company

What? Why would their be power company salespeople? How do you not just have one company that services your area? Or, how are people buying a Sam's membership and bulk food, but, don't have the money to already have electricity?
>>
>>7656550
>people talking to you makes you uncomfortable
Holy shit how autistic can you be
>>
>>7654865
POO
>>
>>7658084
Probably means solar company looking to get their panels on your roof. I just tell them I'm not authorized to do anything with the roof and they leave me alone.
>>
>>7658084
We have electricity, the thing is here in Texas (and I guess in a bunch of other states too) we have the 'power to choose' our electric provider. Which means you can save some money by switching but it also means you get salespeople in supermarkets and knocking door to door offering to save you $100s on your electricity bill.
>>
>>7656691
Explains why they be carrying so much junk in the trunk.

I'll be here all week folks.
>>
>>7654838
It's beyond me why people would get more than one toddler at a time.
>>
>>7658072
Is it just me or are the people who say "I want to speak to your manager" more than any other type of person, someone who grew up in poverty and has acheived lower middle class status which they think means they've made it?
>>
>>7658074
>Why the fuck is this a thing?

Hyper-capitalism. Great for allowing people the opportunity to make money, shit because someone somewhere is going to taken for a sucker once you've thrown common courtesy out the window.
>>
>Buy chicken nuggets
>Inconsistent amount in bag
>Often the serving suggestion is a flat number that doesn't accommodate this inconsistent nugget count

I only buy them instead of making them myself for the convenience and flavor I've become accustomed to. But this shit pisses me off so much because it seems to happen no matter what brand you buy.
>>
I work at a grocery store and only two things irk me.

>Not putting grocery carts in the cart racks when it's two feet away.
>Will you please put the cold stuff together

No shit, we live in Texas and it's 90 degrees, I know.
>>
>>7656275
>>7656282
>>7656329

No decent cashier really gets pissed over a few more items as long as you're within range.

I've told customers to get out of my line
before, fuck them for bringing a full basket.
>>
>>7658180
>inb4 assholes jump to assholes defence
>>
>>7655703
Learn basic Mandarin and call them out in it. They'll get embarrassed and flustered. I called out some old Vietnamese woman that did to me and she looked shocked and gave me back my spot. I mean, I'm Vietnamese too, I just don't look like it. Maybe that was why.
>>
>Fast checkout line
>Limit of 20 items per shopper
>There's always some chucklefuck with a full cart buying enough groceries to outlast the heat death of the universe

>People that abandon carts in the middle of the lane, completely obstructing traffic
>They act like you raped their dog if you dare move their cart around

>People eating as they shop and dropping evidence behind/under shelves, or disposing of it on trash bins
>I swear there are some people that have full meals doing this shit

>Have to buy something on a friday/saturday night
>There's always a gaggle of 18-21 years old at the line
>They're all in the same group, buying a large coke, a bag of peanuts and some shitty ass plastic bottle vodka

>Busy as fuck day, the store sounds like a beehive on crack
>There are 3 or 4 registers working

>There's someone offering samples of salted raccoon assholes
>People will kill their mother and trample children to get one
>They'll complain it's shit, leave, and come back for another 5 minutes later, hoping that the person giving out samples has forgotten about them
>>
>>7657911
From one cashier to another, you're an asshole. Just scan and bag those groceries. Who cares, you work at a generic grocery store. If a customer pisses you off, tell them to get out of your line and just deal with the managers later. There's no reason to make some public spectacle to compensate for your deficient penis.
>>
>>7658074
>stalking the aisles looking for victims.
I laughed at this, because it is such a simple and accurate description.

>>7657700
I'm just a customer and this annoys me. If I'm not in any hurry and I see things I know don't belong in this aisle, I'll take it back to where it goes.
>>7657896
I'll try to grab loose carts while I'm walking into the store and take them in with me. Hate that. Especially when they are dropped off near the closest parking spots.
>>
>>7658204
Not him but that is the worst attitude you can take towards entitled asswipes.

No-ones time is more valuable than anyone elses, being considerate and playing by the rules are the cornerstones of civilisation.

If you want to act like beast, fuck off back to Africa.
>>
>>7657784
I work at a small supermarket in eastern europe, its really fucking small compared to even a mini walmart and even in our little shop there are over 3,000 items total. There's no training there, you fucking forget and you have to ask because you don't want to make a mistake.
>>
>>7657589
>>7657848
>bert stare

Is this some epic new meme ?
>>
File: 1461761252962-b.jpg (33 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1461761252962-b.jpg
33 KB, 480x480
When there are many people... I just don't feel cormfortable between all those humans who act so happy and friendly but I know they're just shitty selfcentered fuckers
>>
>>7658074
I would just yell at the asshole as loud as I could to fuck off. It never ends with this credit card shit. I can't even use my banks anymore because both of them hound me for credit cards every time I go in. I tell them every goddamn time I have no income and there's a snowball's chance in hell of me being accepted and they always without fail say "we'll let's try anyway".
>>
>Go grocery shopping with (now ex-) gf
>We're supposed to get bread, butter, eggs, fruit and coffee ONLY
>Tell gf to wait in line as I grab the stuff through the shop
>Get everything in under 5 mins, get to the line
>As soon as I put down the basket in front of her feet, gf walks away
>Comes back with a truckload of things we don't need/already have, like half a dozen cans of peas (Which she hates, and I avoid whenever I can have fresh), shitty frozen pizzas, 2 pounds of eggplant (we had an eggplant stalk in the backyard at the time and could barely get rid of the excess produce, for fuck's sake), hell knows how many cans of sweet condensed milk
>But Anon, them tiny, nearly irrelevant discounts on stuff we will barely/never use
>Get into mild discussion
>She carries them off to their original locations
>This shit happened on almost all quick grocery runs
>>
>>7658218
>If you want to act like beast, fuck off back to Africa.
>tell this to customer
>they take it racially, whether they're black or not even though you meant like lions or something
>report you to managers
>they're forced to fire you for spreading "hate speech"

sad state of the world we're in
>>
>>7658291
Fucking this.
I hate shopping with my wife.

I go in, grab what I want, browse for anything that might inspire me and I'm out in under 10 minutes.
With her I know it's going to take so long we'll have to take a fucking lunch break.
>>
>>7656188
>>7656130
Do you work in a grocery store anon?
>>
>>7656274
Maybe you should take an extra secong to look at more than just the price on the tag then.
>>
>Roomate is going to the store
>Ask him to pick me up one specific product of item, give him the money for it
>He buys a cheaper brand, pockets half of the change and tells me he did me a favor.
>Acts hurt and offended when I don't show appreciation for this, gets indignant when I ask for ''his tip'' back

I made motions to move out that day.
>>
>>7655783
I like you anon.

How long you been on this meme site?
>>
File: 1443382489327.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1443382489327.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>7654838
>when kids sit on the water bottle cases, squishing all of the caps into the bottle
>>
>>7654838
when the 40 year old women bring their fucking kids along so I can't try and get lucky with them
>>
>>7658332
Why are women always so slow to shop? It applies beyond just groceries.
>>
Cashiers (both former and current), what is the lowest form of currency you accept without inwardly cringing? I had some rough years at school and had to pay in, like, 5-7 dollars in 25 cent pieces. The people I bought from were usually quite ok with it at least on the surface, but really is being paid in coin a hassle for you?
>>
File: uk.jpg (111 KB, 417x958) Image search: [Google]
uk.jpg
111 KB, 417x958
Fucking fatasses who go into the frozen shopping areas and pick stuff up with their clammy fucking hands. For example last week I was trying to grab some frozen meals for one and had to stand behind these two fucking slabs of shit. Went into the freezer afterwards and half the fucking meals were basically defrosted from the warmth of their bodies and disgusting bacon breath. I literally had to close the freezer and walk around for 40 minutes to them to return to frozen. I could have microwaved them and had less warmth. And this happens every time as well. I have started taking a thermometer shopping and measuring the temperature before and after fatasses lean in. The differences are often staggering. I fucking hate them. At least they aren't touching the fresh produce.
>>
People who eat or drink in the store and hide their trash in random places on the shelves. I wonder how these sort of people were raised

People who bring in sales papers from 20 other stores for price matching

People who are next up in line, forget an item, send whoever is with them to go get it, and I have to wait because fuck you if you think you're going ahead of them
>>
>>7658458
To them shopping is literally an outing, an enjoyable experience.
To us it's just a means to an end.
>>
>People who feel the need to "graze" while shopping
>>
people who do not grab a free pear or apple to eat while shopping. eating in an empty stomach is dumb.
>>
>people getting butthurt about people picking things up to inspect them
Jesus christ. I need to inspect my produce. I ain't going to buy shit just on looks. Fuck off back to your shitty little basements.
>>
>>7658574
>eating in an empty stomach is dumb
Not nearly as dumb as that sentence or the person who typed it
>>
>>7658125
IN
>>
>>7657745
I hate buying toilet paper as well but you've gotta do it at some point.
>>
>>7658755
That's why you go to Costco and pretend you're a business owner so no one thinks its for your own personal disgusting use.
>>
>>7658654
When I go over to portugal and spain they have little plastic disposable gloves that you use to pick up fresh pruduce with.

Maybe they'd be considered autistic, I would have tended to agree once upon a time.

However think of a time when you saw someone with a mental disorder, there are thousands upon thousands of them in every country so i'm sure you can remember.

Now consider that many have no problem with scratching their asshole, right aroung the ring with their bare fingers.

I bet you're looking favourably on their handler telling them to use gloves now though.
>>
>>7658767
>being this insecure
>not cycling home with a box of TP rolls under your arm for all to see
>>
>>7658767
Have you considered that if no-oone ever saw you with toilet paper they'd think you wiped your arse with your hand like an indian, and then like an indian (perhaps) washed it afterwards.
>>
>>7658769
Portuguese currently living in Italy, can confirm, they also have those in Italy. People don't use them many times, but honestly, if you're just picking the stuff up and putting it in a bag it's fine not to wear it, but if you want to feel around for ripeness please put on a glove.
>>
>>7658767

Honestly, why do grocery stores even sell toilet paper? They don't sell toilets. People should go to Lowes or Home Depot to buy toilet paper.
>>
>>7658824
It's something people buy a lot, it makes sense a grocery store would carry it, just like other items that are not necessarily groceries but are still sold there. That way people stop by to shop their groceries and instead of going to buy TP or whatever at another story they simply buy it there.
>>
>>7658824
Most retarded bait ever
>>
>>7656056
we live in a modern society and we do need to care about other people. common courtessy should be a given, alongside with common sense
>>
>>7658824
You could think of toilet paper like an after napkin.
You need a napkin to wipe your mouth after you eat food so you must also need to clean up after the food comes back out!
>>
>>7657896
Who /Aldi/ here??
>>
>>7657896
It's not so much the fact that they have to have cart jockeys. It's the fact that these lazy assholes do this kind of shit everywhere they go. They can't be bothered to do the bare minimum to keep civilization going. As far as I'm concerned, people like that should lose their personhood status and be locked away, farmed for whatever resources society needs.
>>
>>7658458
Men don't shop, we hunt for items to check off a list (of sorts). Women SHOP, I think it's some throwback behavior to satisfy that urge to check every bush to find just the right berry.

The have to go through and examine every single thing because. I can't tell you how many times I've heard "I don't need this" while watching a woman pick something up to examine it. This is worst with clothes.
>>
>>7658484
I'm fine with basically everything but checks, though if you tell me you're cleaning out your purse and take ten minutes to dig out a dollar in nickels there will be some silent jaw grinding going on. I think it's more a time thing though; people needing to dig out their wallets/cards/coupons like the fact that they need to pay me is a surprise irks me too.

You had five minutes in line (I know, we're sorry) to get your shit together so you wouldn't have to stand around more. C'mon.
>>
The guy in the express lane going slow.

"20 items or less" and some old lady walks up with a full cart no shame while I'm behind herwith two things.

Then she writes a check to pay for it.
>>
>>7654838
>things that send you into a seething rage when visiting the supermarket

I moved about two weeks ago and my current neighborhood has a very strange trend. Brown families for whom shopping is a family event. Grandparents, uncles, aunts, parents, cousins; a fucking swarm of 8-15 brown people with multiple shopping carts yelling and going all over the place. They take up so much room, are so loud, and so disruptive, when they come, I have to stay at least 10 meters away.
>>
File: 1346796139107.png (23 KB, 113x142) Image search: [Google]
1346796139107.png
23 KB, 113x142
>>7656491
>>
File: 1377387554158.jpg (13 KB, 416x297) Image search: [Google]
1377387554158.jpg
13 KB, 416x297
>>7656519
>>7655416
>when the cashier comments on your food and tells you that "it's nice to see you know how to cook, most people your age just buy frozen dinners"

To be fair, I have a serious case of baby face - 25 but look barely 18..
>>
>>7657872
I've done this a few times too, especially if I'm only buying a few items. There's a grocery store near my house that closes these down not much past 8pm, it's ridiculous for a place open until 11pm that always has massive lines.
>>
>>7658458
Women are more likely to browse, deciding what they want as they're going. Men are more likely to know exactly what they want and grab it. It's the opposite for my wife and I, I love looking at different things at the grocery store, she has her list sorted by aisle and grabs everything in one go.
>>
>>7658414
>buying bottled water

Even if you live on a shitty plot with a dirty well, buy that shit in giant jugs.
>>
File: 1398420231506.png (235 KB, 492x492) Image search: [Google]
1398420231506.png
235 KB, 492x492
>>7658512
>on /ck/
>eats frozen dinners
>>
>>7658538
>People who eat or drink in the store and hide their trash in random places on the shelves
Every Safeway in my city has a Starbucks in the lobby. There are empty and partially empty starbucks cups fucking everywhere.
>>
>>7659749
Reminds me of a few weeks ago when I found half a turkey deli sandwich wedged in between some canned fruit. What the fuck.
>>
>>7659821
When I was working at a grocery store stocking shelves during the graveyard shift I did not give a fuck. I'd often just stick fastfood bags or empty energy drink cans behind shit.
>>
>>7659635
Okay, good to hear that. I always figured it was an inconvenience and had all the coins sorted out before I even entered the store to save as much time as possible.
>>
>>7660022
I have my coins sorted before I even leave the house. It's called a wallet.
>>
>>7659744
>Food & Cooking
>Food
>&
>Cooking
>>
>>7660035
Yeah. AND cooking. Not OR cooking.

It's like posting on /v/ and you don't play videogames, or /tv/ and you haven't seen a movie since 1998, what the fuck are you doing on that board?
>>
>>7660039
>It's like posting on /v/ and you don't play videogames

You've never been to /v/ have you?
>>
>>7660039
Or posting on /co/ when you don't watch children's television.
>>
>>7660039
You don't have to watch any films at all to have something to post on /tv/, because they also talk about television shows there. Because it's television and film, not television or film.
>>
>>7656701
>go back to tumblr
>kill urself
pick 1
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 800x476) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 800x476
>>7660059
Wonder Woman disagrees

Also
>Many people still think all animation is for children and only children
>This is why we can't have nice things
>>
File: patheticbait.png (23 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
patheticbait.png
23 KB, 625x626
>>7660072
>can't handle flirtation
>lashes out from insecurity

you're the one with personal issues, laddy boy
>>
>>7660100
>so desperate for sex that has to hit on strangers at the fucking grocery
kill urself kid
>>
>>7660100
>a woman said something
>that means she likes me!!!!!
>>
File: 1312164412859.gif (259 KB, 300x165) Image search: [Google]
1312164412859.gif
259 KB, 300x165
>>7660107
>>7660111
>afraid of conversing with the opposite sex
>samefagging

nuff said
>>
>>7660063
And just like /ck/, that is the cancer that's killing the board. If you do not watch at least 100 films a year - and this is generous as fuck - you DO NOT BELONG ON /tv/. It honestly should be closer to 200.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.