[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm gonna be getting my wisdom teeth removed in a few
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1385804815712.png (348 KB, 488x465) Image search: [Google]
1385804815712.png
348 KB, 488x465
So I'm gonna be getting my wisdom teeth removed in a few days here, and I've been looking into foods which are best to eat after the surgery. Of course there's the usual mashed potatoes/jello/puddings/smoothies/soups, but I've been getting some mixed signals for some other things. Some people are saying spaghetti is too sticky to eat, but then some other people are saying spaghetti is okay and you should avoid rice as it's way stickier and can get itself stuck in your teeth/hole way more easily. Then I saw that a certain kind of pasta (pastina) is okay. I can understand not eating rice, but after thinking of other things I should be able to eat I'm starting to wonder what exactly classifies as "sticky" and what doesn't. Would sausages be counted as sticky? Any sorta fruits/vegetables I should be avoiding?

Should I be avoiding grains altogether, excluding this pastina stuff? I'm not sure if they even sell it in my area. I was originally thinking quinoa/couscous would be okay but I guess that shit is really small and could get stuck in my gum hole. What sort of meals with a bit of substance do you think I could eat? I was thinking cottage pie along with the things I mentioned earlier might be good. I'm seeing a lot of people recommending scrambled eggs but I guess I've developed an allergy out of nowhere, eating those makes me feel nauseous as hell nowadays.

Have any of you guys gotten your wisdom teeth removed? What did you eat? And I might be overthinking all of this, I'm getting the teeth on one side removed and the other side removed at a later date. Would it still be risky even if I just chewed on one side?
>>
File: 1460135731618.jpg (15 KB, 751x418) Image search: [Google]
1460135731618.jpg
15 KB, 751x418
>>7654230
tl;dr
>>
>>7654230
ask your oral surgeon
>>
>>7654245
How's middle school going?

>>7654254
I'm going to, but I thought it'd be good getting ideas from other people as well.
>>
Get ready to be bombarded by all the tough guys here who ate hardtack as they came out of anesthesia with they're bloody gums.
Eat soft stuff, stay away from citrus and other acids, don't suck on anything, and keep your sockets moist
>>
>>7654317
Their*
>>
When my friend had his jaw wired shut....

He would just put any food in a blender with milk and drink it. He did this with a McDouble and fries

I'm not joking, the worst part is this wasnt some Jackass esque antic done for laughs, he really thought it was a good idea and didn't understand my disgust
>>
>>7654317
So just that then? I had a feeling I was overthinking all of this.

>>7654334
Holy shit that sounds disgusting. I think I'd rather starve than eat a burger and fries shake though.
>>
>>7654342
It really is that simple. When I got mine ripped out (all four in one go), I had meal replacement shakes a lot of the time. Lots of soup. Eggs are good too
>>
>>7654353
I wish I could eat eggs without feeling nauseous, I really miss them. It happened out of nowhere too, I could eat them just fine then one day that was it, I was ready to puke everything up and it's been like that since. The eggs weren't gone off or anything either.

I'll get a bunch of soup along with other soft foods then, thanks a bunch dude.
>>
>>7654342
Seriously, NEVER suck on anything. If you have a retainer, don't wear it for at least 5 days. Trust me. Dry Socket was the most intense pain I've ever felt in my entire life.
>>
I'm middle aged and still have my wisdom teeth.

is there anything wrong with them? If they're normal, then there is no reason to get them taken out right now.
>>
>>7654230
>Have any of you guys gotten your wisdom teeth removed?

Yes.

>What did you eat?

Worship your blender. Bananas + crushed ice + milk + protein powder, then mix up another one without the protein powder until you're full.

Embrace the ramen. Seriously. Also soft scrambled eggs.

You can eat tacos again, but it'll be months away. Take it easy.

Alcohol is good, also.
>>
>>7654423
Yeah if they're normal but they almost never are. They are surplus and for most people they sit weird in their jaws, pushing the good teeth in a crooked position.
Are you seriously trying to pull the argument "millenials are getting their teeth removed without needing to, in my times we used to keep ours crooked"?
>>
>>7654423
Does your mouth hurt a lot? Did you have other teeth removed as a child?
>>
>>7654418
That sounds terrible, thank you for the advice anon. I won't touch a straw for a while after its all done.

>>7654423
Just keep an eye on them. If you're getting any sorta intense pains then go to a dentist as soon as you can. All of mine grew in just fine years ago and I never thought I'd have to get them removed, but despite taking really good care of my teeth they all went and developed deep cavities anyway.
>>
I just had my wisdom teeth out this February and made the mistake of eating nothing and tripping balls on Percocet for the first few days. Make sure you avoid any fruits with small seeds (figs, strawberries etc), apparently there's a risk of them getting stuck in your new gum hole and getting infected. Consider Yogurt to get you through the first day or two, you don't have to chew it a bit and you can mix plenty of things in it like honey or vanilla to make it bearable. And if they give you anything like Percocet or Vicodin for the pain, seriously use them as little as possible they helped me with the pain but I literally forgot where my arms and legs were while I was on that stuff.
>>
>>7654455
>pushing the good teeth in a crooked position.
OP here, my wisdom teeth really fucked up my lower set of teeth and my gums. I'm actually really scared of getting my teeth cleaned before the extraction. When I told the dentists that a piece of my gum is loose and it hurts a load if anything moves it/goes behind it, but you could tell they didn't believe me. There's no reason for them to put you under for something as simple as cleaning your teeth and I'm definitely expecting them to be too rough and oops, blood everywhere, pain everywhere, "we'll sew your gum back on (or whatever the treatment is, if they can do that) for $10,000".

>>7654472
That's a good point, I was thinking about buying some strawberries and bananas for smoothies but the little seeds could definitely get stuck in there. I'll just buy bananas and do what the anon a few posts above did.

I'll have to remember those names because jesus that sounds wild.
>>
>>7654230
You're overthinking it. Get them all removed at once. Enjoy a beer or two with your painkillers.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.