[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your excuse for not living in California, cu/ck/s?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 11
File: master_race.png (907 KB, 816x612) Image search: [Google]
master_race.png
907 KB, 816x612
What's your excuse for not living in California, cu/ck/s?

pic related master race
>>
I do for work. Recommend me things in the Camp Pendleton area faggot.
>>
File: fde.jpg (835 KB, 1972x892) Image search: [Google]
fde.jpg
835 KB, 1972x892
I live in Norcal a little bit far off to go to In N Out whenever I want. So when I get to go to In N Out it feels like a special occasion. I got some good ass burger place where I live but the prices are ridiculous. It's nothing double the price of In N Out.
>>
>>7652778
I dislike their gun laws and I don't think I'd like earthquakes.
>>
I require water to live.
>>
File: 1393643261145.jpg (31 KB, 465x446) Image search: [Google]
1393643261145.jpg
31 KB, 465x446
Because I am hetero
>>
>>7652778
>entry level gaymer mech keyboard
Your entire life is just a long undulating string of bad decisions, I bet you even eat your greasy meme burger while typing.
>>
>>7652778
I'm not a foggot
>>
>>7652778
>taking fast food home
>not eating it immediately so as to have it at its freshest
Color me triggered
>>
>>7652778
What cherry switches are those, OP?
>>
Oh my gawd shut the fuck up about your sideways
cheeseburgers.
>>
>>7652778
>live in vegas
>have steak n shake, shake shack, in n out and 5 guys in the same city

how can you faggots even compete?
>>
File: 1462693553323.jpg (66 KB, 491x568) Image search: [Google]
1462693553323.jpg
66 KB, 491x568
Because I want to be able to defend myself when the government inevitably tries to exterminate me.
>>
>>7652778
>be californian
>call literally anyone else a cuck

what a sad strange peoples you are. the rest of the country won't miss you when all that radiation finally fucks over the whole west coast.
>>
>>7652845
Well, fresh air, for one.
>>
>>7652778
Five guys is better but expensive to the point where 9/10 times I'll choose In-n-Out.
>>
>>7652778
How does a state with some of the most "progressive" pollution laws have some of the worst pollution in the union?
>>
>>7652867
Too many fucking people.
>>
File: Jim-Fuller-2.jpg (210 KB, 600x714) Image search: [Google]
Jim-Fuller-2.jpg
210 KB, 600x714
>>7652845
You also have Jim Fuller
>>
I live in California, and will never understand why people like in n out. I think it's only because it's exclusive to us. It doesn't matter if it's shit, it just matters that it's OUR shit.

You're better off going to Carl's Jr. It may or may not taste better, but at least you won't be a walking meme.
>>
>>7652867
That's why we made those progressions. We learnt from our mistakes.
>>
>>7652880
>you won't be a walking meme
I'm a meme for enjoying in n out unironically?
>>
>>7652880
The popularity of In N Out is ridiculous. I went there on a saturday night and I couldn't even get a seat.
>>
>>7652891
there's a drive-thru only in-n-out on my way home and from the hours of 5-8pm, people like to line up in the drive thru and the line of cars spills into the street, causing massive traffic jams by people who don't realize they're waiting behind the in-n-out line
>>
>>7652884
BUT YOU STILL HAVE THE POLLUTION BECAUSE YOU ALLOW BIG COMPANIES TO BUY CARBON CREDITS
>>
>muh guns

Always too poor and unemployable to actually live in California so will grasp at anything.
>>
>>7652913
If you're poor you can just go on welfare
>>
>>7652867
Many of the pollution laws actually effect the entire nation. Want to sell cars in the US? Your going to sell cars to all 50 states that meet the California laws because that what makes the most financial sense to you.
>>
>>7652913
>>7652917
~30% of Californians are on some sort of social welfare program
>>
>>7652923
I can admit to that. I hate to try to justify It, but I suffered a broken neck and back, and can't work 40 hours doing labor like I used to. So I work part time and receive benefits until I finish fighting for disability, which is almost impossible to get down here.
>>
i don't want to become amerifat.
>>
File: master_race2.png (1 MB, 611x815) Image search: [Google]
master_race2.png
1 MB, 611x815
>>7652783
Dominos just down the road, or take Vandergrift south to Oceanside In N Out, 15 min drive

>>7652789
>>7652861
>>7652880
>>7652891
>>7652894
Five Guys is great, yes but expensive. I feel like In N Out is simply a California classic, so naturally it's my go-to

>>7652806
Paid $60 new for this beauty, any more for a damn keyboard and I would rather shove a dildo up my asshole. It's a fucking keyboard kid, not a GPU. Just kill yourself already.

>>7652811
Long drive home and I didn't want to stop

>>7652821
Red

>>7652845
I'm jelly of your many In N Out locations just in LV alone

>>7652867
>>7652869
>>7652884
>>7652904
>>7652921
Because fuck LA

>>7652913
>>7652917
>>7652923
>>7652936
Not all of California is expensive
>>
>>7652845
We also have tacos el gordo as well
>>
>>7652955
Oh and we have tommys , which I rate over in and out.
>>
>>7652955
From my experience, tacos el Gordo is the closest you can get to TJ tacos, but its still a long ways off.
>>
>>7652937
Yes you do, don't lie. If someone offered you a life in the US you'd take it and never look back.
>>
>>7652994
No, we're not Afghanis or Africans here.
>>
>>7653000
That's the first time I've ever seen trips lie.
>>
>>7653000
I dunno. I'd probably rather live in Johannesburg than, say, Detroit.
>>
File: 1462536469384.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1462536469384.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>7652778
>What's your excuse for not living in California, cu/ck/s?

Because East coast is best coast
>>
Tacos in SoCal are where it's at really, way better than shit in n out boogers
>>
>>7653031
Thanks capt obvious.
>>
>>7653031

you know I find it funny that people have this notion that Mexican food is so much better in California just because there are more Mexicans
but there are plenty of Mexicans all over including the east coast and it doesn't take thousands of them to make beans and rice right

Asian food is what really thrives on the west coast and what sets it apart because unlike Mexicans Asians aren't actually all over the US in large enough numbers
>>
>>7652778
Cascadia Fault.
>>
>>7652792
Fucking lol
>>
>>7653070
you know who's making all that asian food?
mexicans
>>
>>7653070
Mexican food in California is the best Mexican in the US. Some faggot in NYC tried to say their tacos are best and got ripped for that statement. The reason why Mexican food in California is the best = variation and that's due to the abundance of Mexicans in California
http://www.lamag.com/digestblog/tacopedia-a-complete-taco-encyclopedia-of-l-a/
>>
>>7653079

>people still act like this matters

if there's Chinese people that own and run a restaurant it doesn't really matter if its a mexican person that makes the food
they didn't create the menu they didn't create the recipes
anyone can learn to cook
>>
Because Texas, guns, abundant water, and no earthquakes
>>
>>7652778
>californian calloing others cucks

because i live having freedom
>>
>>7652878
>the AK Operators Union hoodie is still sold out
FUCKING RESTOCK ALREADY
>>
>>7652778
I'm not mexican
>>
>>7653009
This
Enjoy your 10 pointer that's coming.
>>
>>7653328
Texas has in and out
>>
File: uncle hitlar.jpg (59 KB, 513x510) Image search: [Google]
uncle hitlar.jpg
59 KB, 513x510
>>7652778
>a californian calling us cucks
>>
>>7652778

Because Idaho is way fucking cheaper?
>>
>>7652778
I'm assuming you live there, OP. That's the reason.
>>
>>7652947
>fuck la

Your probably one of those faggots that live near by like in Santa Barbara or some place else
>>
>expensive
>economy sucks
>government is in shambles and panders to cucks and sjw
>homeless people fucking EVERYWHERE
>can't live in a quiet rural area without hard drugs being a problem in the community

I honestly love California as a state but if in-n-out is your best reason for liking a state you need to look at the bigger picture. I moved to texas from Redding and getting by here has been a breeze compared to back home. Plus, we have in-n-out. If the state of Jefferson ever passed I'd come back but I'm not holding my breath on that one.
>>
>>7652778
i love my AR and would rather not be a felon

also polluted ass air
>>
>What's your excuse for not living in California

- Studio Apt costs more than a mortgage here
- Shit Tier gun laws
- SJW's
- Majority non-white
- Fascist Government
>>
>>7652845
I have all those in bumfuck TN.
Congrats, you have mediocre chain restaurants.
>>
>>7652921
That's not how it actually works. They make separate CS compliant models
>>
File: 1459406913990.png (533 KB, 459x612) Image search: [Google]
1459406913990.png
533 KB, 459x612
>>7653079

>his chinese food isn't made by chinamen.
>>
Smog laws, gun laws, and >>7652947 lives there.
>>
>>7652947
>buys a mechanical keyboard
>defends it with "its just a fucking keyboard"

Tfw my $60 mech keyboard has keys failing after 2 years
>>
>>7652778
I've almost been seduced by LA a couple times and have enjoyed several visits to SF. I would say the biggest draws Cali has are the climate and the natural beauty. Every day is a beautiful day, and that is seductive.

But for me the downsides keep me away. After living in LA for a few months here's what I couldn't stand. First off most of it is built around car culture, and I tend to like pedestrian places. Places that are not walkable seem isolating to me. More than in the rest of the country the image you send to the rest of the world is defined by the car you drive, and I have a tough time giving a fuck about that. Then there's the youth of the culture. The pop culture is vibrant and interesting but living in a place where history tends not to go back before the 20th Century is really fucking weird. Then there's the time thing - you're half a workday behind NYC and a full day behind Europe. So by the clock alone you're on the edge or Western culture. I kind of feels like a backwater that way. Instead of feeling connected to the rest of the world it feels insular - there's definitely shit going on, but it's all California shit that has nothing to do with the rest of the world. If it has something to do with film, tech or celebrities the rest of the world is paying attention, everything else not so much. And Californians themselves are not are not much for critical thinking - they're more likely to lean toward magical thinking and navel-gazing. There's a lack of disciplined thought - the culture is built on speculation and personality cults. This makes the culture faddish and image conscious to an extreme degree. You're defined by who you know, how you look and and whatever causes you happen to champion. That's not all that interesting to me.

(con'd)
>>
>>7653951
But really the food and wine is the WORST of it for me. With food two aesthetics rule: fast food and health food. You can find some delicious immigrant foods, but you can't find any refinement because it's just not valued. Same goes for the wine. All the flavors are up front in a very frontier (or cowboy) kind of way, and there's no nuance. The flavors lean toward immediate gratification instead of prolonged appreciation. On the high end popularity is more a function of who owns the place and who eats there than how good the food is. You can find a decent sandwich or chopped salad anywhere, but you're not likely to find decent French or Italian food without some kind of celebrity association (and the price tag that goes along with it).

You're living in a place with access to great ingredients, and the food is wrecked by a tendency to turn everything into fast food and a slavish devotion to faddish trends. There are no rigorous standards to judge cuisine by because celebrity endorsements matter much more.

I'd certainly take it over many other options in this country - I'd rather live in Cali than much of the South or the Midwest - but as long as I can eat in places like NYC and NOLA California's appeal manages not to seduce me.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.