[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a total pleb and don't know shit about coffee but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: 81zI-8hcrVL._SL1500_.jpg (248 KB, 1152x1500) Image search: [Google]
81zI-8hcrVL._SL1500_.jpg
248 KB, 1152x1500
I'm a total pleb and don't know shit about coffee but my local super market has sells on this stuff all the time. so it okay or really shitty?
>>
>comes in an aluminium can like fucking milo or nesquik

Yes, it's garbage. Just go find a decent local roastery.
>>
>>7652667
>I'm a total pleb and don't know shit about coffee but my local super market has sells on this stuff all the time. so it okay or really shitty?
I'm no coffee aficionado or anything but growing up with lots of Cubans on my mother's side, I grew up with this stuff always around. That being said it's pretty damned good. Go to any Cuban sandwich/coffee shop and this is what you'll be drinking
>>
had whatever you call a shot of espresso with sweetened condensed milk on the bottom at a cuban restaurant, it was pretty tasty. I'd buy it
>>
Its the coffee that all the mexicans and cubans like to drink. It's not great, but it's cheap and at that price level it tastes 100x better than shit like Folgers or Maxwell. Give it a try.
>>
>>7652688
>had whatever you call a shot of espresso with sweetened condensed milk on the bottom at a cuban restaurant, it was pretty tasty. I'd buy it
That's a Cafe Con Leche
>>
>>7652729
>Its the coffee that all the mexicans and cubans like to drink. It's not great, but it's cheap and at that price level it tastes 100x better than shit like Folgers or Maxwell. Give it a try.
What ^^^ said
>>
I actually like the instant form of it pretty good.

I used to mix it into my morning protein shakes or when I only had a few minutes to throw on a cup, or didn't feel like grinding one out.

It's not really good, but it's the kind of bad that tastes good, somehow. I like it. Not so much the regular though.
>>
Drinking Cafe Bostelo right now. Use it in the coffee maker, have it black. Its the coffee you get in most corner stores in NY aong with Chock Full O Nuts. Now Ive moved from NY but still uave one of those two to start my day.
>>
>>7652667
As far as cheap coffee in a can goes Bustelo isn't a bad choice. It's roasted on the dark side, so it has kind of an almost chocolate taste, but much more bitter. If you make it in a moka pot and mix it with scalded milk the result isn't half bad.

You could do much worse if you're gonna buy cheap coffee anyways.
>>
It's good by itself, but for being cheap, it shines if you run it through a French press.
>>
>>7654055
>french press
>espresso ground
Sure, if you like sludge.
>>
>>7654101
[the instant cafe bustelo] is good in a french press
>>
>>7652667

SALES*

Nothing triggers me more than when people type shit like "I have this for sell." Or "All these sells!" Come on.
>>
not gonna lie, this shit in a percolator at the top of a mountain, camping with my old man? best coffee around

t. oregon hipster guy who works at a coffee shopfag
>>
>>7652667
It's cheap, and it's cheap for a reason, that coffee generally meets its end with lots of milk and sugar.

I don't know what kind of beans they're getting or what they do with them but the last few cans I have purchased have been pretty badly burnt, their roasting process is very inconsistent, the can you get today can be wildly different from the can you get tomorrow. It smells incredibly strong and burnt, it tastes much milder and weaker than what it smells, but it is bitter no way around it.
>>
File: p_100000208_1.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
p_100000208_1.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
>>7654382
Why does that trigger you anon?
>>
>>7652667
Yeah this is pretty common coffee but it's probably the best out of the common stuff.

I drink it and like it a lot. Really nice and bitter if that is your thing.
>>
>>7652729
Its cheap and low quality but also fucking strong. absolutely agree its way better than other canned brands
>>
>>7652673
>local roastery.
Fuck off, not everyone lives in California.
>>
>>7654101
Nothing wrong with sludge unless you are chugging your cup like a frat boy trying to impress his friends with a can of cheap beer.
>>
>>7655913
Mate I live in fucking Missouri and have multiple high quality choices.

And if you don't just order from a good one somewhere else.
>>
>>7654920
Yep. Makes bitter drip coffee, but is pretty okay as espresso. Way better than other canned coffees. I make it for coworkers who think Starfucks is gourmet.
>>
>>7652667
It's shitty. Maybe it was better before Smuckers bought it. I don't even know if it beat even Folgers or Maxwell House. It only has nostalgia value or as a caffeine delivery system if you don't want to pop caffeine pills.

>>7656167
>way better than other canned coffees
Not all canned coffees, see Lavazza and Illy.

>>7654741
>percolator
>like it's the 1950s
>with finely grind dark roasted robusta-containing coffee
kys, even if you're in the middle of nowhere you can still have some Starbucks via or preground in a bag with a moka pot or aeropress.

>>7652673
Not all canned coffee is bad. Illy comes in a can and it's pretty solid for not being hipster, locally roasted coffee. My local roaster also cans their coffee with valves for the coffee to off-gas.
>>
>>7656139

Must be in Columbia, MO or KCMO.

Shortwave in MidMO has some good roasts and if you can get PT's Coffee in KCMO, it's really good. I buy it the day it's roasted.
>>
>>7656405
St. Louis actually. Sump and Blueprint are both pretty good. Especially Sump's espresso.

I've had some good stuff in Springfield, MO too, Brick and Mortar.
>>
>>7652673
>roastery

gaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>7652667
It's about as good as coffee will ever be for its price.
>>
>>7654920
Don't worry the $4 canister of pre-ground Bustelo tastes better than the bag of beans Duncan Donuts sells for $8. Unless you plan on spending more than $10 that's the best you can do aside from locally roasted Ethiopian or Colombian.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.