[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Farm Cooking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (1010 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1010 KB, 3264x2448
Favorite farm meal?

>pic related

Cows on my farm
>>
>>7650979
Op you're gonna get shit for posting pic upside down. We still love you.

> biscuits and sausage gravy
>>
>>7650979
Cool anti-gravity cows OP.
>>
>>7650979
Learn how to post a photo properly, you dumb faggot
>>
>>7650979

Straya in the house...
>>
File: oxhearts.jpg (113 KB, 500x342) Image search: [Google]
oxhearts.jpg
113 KB, 500x342
Eggs from the chicken coop, fried over medium or medium boiled. The hundred pounds of hog in the freezer is separated into smaller portions for convenience, but the bacon is preferred.

Also, tomatoes if in season; I grow Oxhearts. I LOVE a small piece of bacon on a slice of lightly black peppered tomato.
>>
File: pork-belly.jpg (60 KB, 1000x779) Image search: [Google]
pork-belly.jpg
60 KB, 1000x779
>>7651040
I just wanted to add that the bacon is not cured or smoked or flavored, I crack a bit of Pink Himalayan Salt on it though. The salt really brings out the flavor combination of the tomato and bacon together. The pepper is optional, I just really like black pepper.
>>
ploughmans lunch
>>
>>7651054
>ploughmans lunch
You realise this is an urban invention by the pub trade in the 70's?
>>
>>7651069
Whats the big deal?
>>
>>7650979
Fuck, man Australian beef is delicious
>>
File: IMG_3071.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3071.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
Lookie what I setup this weekend, beer cup herb garden!
>>
File: 1462366052080.jpg (65 KB, 882x900) Image search: [Google]
1462366052080.jpg
65 KB, 882x900
>>7651090
>>7651069
So salty.

>genuine and related reply to OP
>gets shit for saying their favorite "farm meal"
I've had it several times, but it's always different and I don't really care - also I've never had it in a pub because I hate going to them. Cheese, ham, fruit, veg, bread, pickles, maybe some boiled eggs? I don't really know what an authentic ploughman's lunch consists of, but it's just an assembly of most food groups. Maybe the term was coined by a pub, but people have been doing this for hundreds of years. Perfect farm meal.
>>
>>7651109
that's actualy a realy neat idea
>>
File: chicken dinner.jpg (302 KB, 1210x908) Image search: [Google]
chicken dinner.jpg
302 KB, 1210x908
>>7651123
How about you use Google or Wikipedia and get btfo when you learn when it was actually invented, coined and what it consists of. Which is pretty much what I said, besides beer (that's just because water was so shit back then).

Continue to make yourself look like a fool, by all means.

pic related to food, can you get any more farm than this?
>>
huevos rancheros
>>
File: chicken noodle soup.jpg (207 KB, 997x748) Image search: [Google]
chicken noodle soup.jpg
207 KB, 997x748
>>7651144
I know you're used to your luxury Fiji water from an artesian aquifer, but I'll give you a quick history lesson daddy didn't buy for you - water used to taste bad and people wanted something more flavorful after they broke their backs doing hours of work. I didn't mention anything about germs. Again, continue to look foolish in this thread.

Chicken and dumplings or chicken noodle soup are always fine choices. You can fuck off if you think chicken and dumplings shouldn't have the option carrots, celery or onion in it. "But then it's not chicken and dumplings!" Kill yourself, everyone who believes this or has said it to me.
>>
>>7651187

That broth looks so thick and rich. Kind of jelly. My stocks have some good flavor but never come out that golden or thick.
>>
File: second winterfell gulasch30.jpg (319 KB, 1255x940) Image search: [Google]
second winterfell gulasch30.jpg
319 KB, 1255x940
>>7651723
You really shit up this thread, so maybe you should re-evaluate who you're calling a neckbeard. May as well have said cuck, petty insults. Your original post below this.

>>7651069
>You realise this is an urban invention by the pub trade in the 70's?
Again you are contributing nothing.

I on the other hand love some good goulash: equal amounts of pork and beef, Hungarian paprika, lots and I mean lots of onions, bell pepper, my favorite chili peppers, potato, garlic, carrots and beer. Maybe a little extra beer. Thankfully I only have to get the paprika and beer, since everything else is grown in my neighborhood and we all share food like vegetables, honey, fruit, deer, beef, pork, etc. Pretty great when it's ready to harvest.

Last post to you because you're having a dumb argument in the wrong thread and I want it to have more posts.
>>
>>7651702
Thanks, it's really good.

But there's always that one time where it was the best and I can't replicate it. Who knows what I did to get it to taste that way. Maybe I just used oregano as the seasoning that time. Maybe I let it reduce to just the perfect amount. More/less salt than usual? It was over a year ago, I still remember that golden broth that tasted too good to be true, but I'm sad that I just can't live up to that one batch I made. I'll do it again some day.
>>
Biscuits and gravy, without a doubt.

Bandeja Paisa gets a special mention. Not sure if it's exactly farm food but it'll definitely fuel a day's work on the farm.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.