[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Groceries
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8
File: 20160314_133057.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160314_133057.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
What is on your typical grocery shopping list?

Do you go once a week?

Only go when you need something?

Go everyday to get something "fresh"?
>>
>>7649784
There's already a thread, faggot.

Now, go jump off a high building.
>>
I go once a week.

I only buy potatoes, eggs, milk, rice and mince beef.
>>
>>7649784
I just go whenever I want something specific I guess. Usually go with a meal or recipe in mind and just get what I need for that.
>>
usually go like once a week and get a few different meals worth of shit, i eat out a lot
>>
File: muffin_myth.jpg (2 MB, 2340x1560) Image search: [Google]
muffin_myth.jpg
2 MB, 2340x1560
I shop once a month or so. I'll add random things I want to a list throughout the month, then a few days before I go I'll run through all the store flyers and pick out whatever. I try to plan out recipes around sale items, like I found spaetzle and diced tomatoes pretty cheap so I made chicken paprikash. Made several meals that I froze.
>>
I usually go when I need something in particular and just grab some other stuff to restock while I'm there. Once a month or so I'll plan a real shopping trip. I live alone so buying a ton of groceries at once probably means a lot of it will go to waste.

Probably my most common purchases are bread, eggs, mushrooms, sour cream, meat and cheese. I'll grab a head of lettuce or whatever vegetables are on sale or I need for a dish or cooking base I'm planning.
>>
I go everyday or two for essentials, once a fortnight for toothpaste, shampoos, matches, shoe polish etc.
>>
I work at a grocery store so I pick things up almost every day. Milk, bread, peanut butter, snacks for work (mostly granola bars), snack fruits. I make sure to keep a large bag of frozen berries for mixing smoothies. It's also pretty nice since I get 10% off. Since I work in produce, I can wrap up pretty much any small produce I want and price it altogether for 1.49 as long as there are no managers around to pick up on my self-given 80% discounts.

I'm just now becoming /ck/ since I started living on my own. So every now and then I'll pick up some ground beef/mushrooms and onions, other stuff I don't use every day.

If you can, take advantage of loyalty programs for grocery stores and take advantage of multiple sales if you don't mind travelling. Otherwise, I try to base my meals off of what's on sale.
>>
ITT: blogs
>>
Almost everytime
---
Mixed greens
Avocado
Whole wheat bread
Arugula
Orange bell peppers
Sweet potato
Butternut squash
Zucchini
Dill
Snow peas
Tomato
Chili peppers
Fruits

Occasionally
---
Eggplant
Tomatoes
Steel cut oats
Just mayo
Carrots
Dried chickpeas
Tahini
Lemon
Canned kidney beans
Canned diced tomatoes
Mushrooms
Assorted vinegars
Butter
Bier
Almond milk

Practically never
---
Dark chocolate
Kosher salt
Spices
>>
>>7652864
what do u eat?
I want to know what you people who buy fresh vegies actually use them for
>>
>>7652060
Thx for sharing your opinion brah, I'mma upvote your post and subscribe to your twitter.
>>
>>7652930
Not the same guy, but I use them for stir fry or just raw, like a bell pepper to snack on.

My average list is bi-weekly, and usually goes like this:

>Cold teriyaki wings from Albertsons deli
>fresh fruits and vegetables
>tray of deviled eggs
>top ramens and cup o noodles
>random bulk meats and fish
>maybe rib eye or tbone if I want to celebrate
>bulk canned and dry foods from Costco if I run out
>2 cases of water
>I case of energy drinks
>sodas sporadically

I have kids, so my list is shit.
>>
>>7652930
How do you not eat vegetables?
>>
>>7652974
I eat frozen veggies more often than not don't judge you homocuck
>>
>>7652970
Bruh
kids tho....
>>
>>7652976
Frozen vegetables are shit. I'd rather eat them straight out of the can.
>>
>>7652984
You're legitimately retarded.
Canned are limp and sodium riddled not to mention always taste fucking tinny
>>
>>7652981
Right? I love to cook, but those little fuckers won't eat anything I cook unless it's drenched in salt or ketchup. I swear if my daughter puts ketchup on her fried chicken just one more time, I'm going to kick her in the chest.
>>
>>7652987
I'd rather have that tinny taste than the frozen shit.
>>
>>7653001
maybe buy decent frozen vegs instead of the 2lb bags at the dollar store
>>
>>7653039
Saying the words "decent frozen vegs" is like saying "why don't you buy the GOOD store brand soda".

It's still a pale imitation to the real thing.
>>
File: 1455468255070.jpg (3 MB, 2700x1800) Image search: [Google]
1455468255070.jpg
3 MB, 2700x1800
I go once a week but some items I only purchase when I use up what I've already got (so not always weekly)

I try to buy 2 - 3 nights worth of seafood, usually a whole rainbow trout or snapper to bake in the oven, or a 500g tray of flathead/flake/king george whiting. I occasionally get some scallops, prawns, mussels or oysters just for variety. When they have Spanish Mackerel it's my preferred fish.

I usually get either some lamb forequarter chops or a nice T-bone/scotch fillet/porterhouse if it's well priced.

I buy myself about 500g of ground beef for stuffing & roasting capsicums but this is not always a weekly purchase.

The rest of my purchases:

Rye Sourdough Bread
Capsicums
Fennel
Olives
Cheese
Unsalted Nuts
Leek
Ruby Grapefruit (God bless you USA)
Plums
Apricots/Nectarines
Zucchini
Brussell Sprouts
Onion
Garlic
Potato
Lentils
Mushrooms
Baby Spinach

I try to eat seafood 3 times a week, a bit of red meat and then lentils for dinner until I go shopping again. Dinners are supplemented with roast veg such as fennel, leek, zucchini, sprouts, potato.

Breakfast is usually oats with milk & honey or fried eggs on toast with sautéed spinach & mushrooms.

Lunch is usually a handful of nuts and some olives, and a bit of cheese and bread.

I try to get in two pieces of fruit a day between meals or whenever I get hungry.

As you can see I don't get a whole lot of variation in my diet but it consistently costs around $50 per week which is far cheaper than when I lived off junk food.
>>
Hey OP what do you do with dem der pork rashers? They look mad but I don't like shopping at woolies or moles
>>
>>7653078
You can get them at any butcher, iga, aldi or wherever
>>
>>7653093
Yes but my question is what do you do with them?
>>
>>7653107
I'll answer it when you tell me why your post implies you can only get pork rashers at Coles or Woolworths.
>>
>>7653111
I haven't seen them elsewhere.
Your turn.
>>
>>7653116
Stir fry, fried rice.

Occasionally will just fry them up and eat with salad and/or rice.
>>
>>7649784
That's way too much meat you're buying, anon. Please eat more fruit, veg and high-fibre grains to avoid colon cancer/metabolic syndrome later in life.
>>
File: 1461364170474.jpg (2 MB, 3687x2489) Image search: [Google]
1461364170474.jpg
2 MB, 3687x2489
>>7652930
Oatmeal with fruit
Avocado sandwiches
Hummus
Mushroom and dill bean soup
Large salads with both beans and bell peppers
Roasted large vegetables topped with stir fry
Baked sweet potatoes and butternut squashes

I make these things mostly, but every few weeks I find a recipe I would like to taste and buy for it as well.

I get offered so much meat in the real world that I don't need to buy it to have it. Way too many taco mans in my life.
>>
>>7649784
For the month i usually get (split into two trips)

-any pantry items i ran out of; oil/vinegar/spices/flour/sugar/breadcrumbs etc
-restocking certain sauces i buy, usually pesto
-corn small tortillas
-2 loaves of bread (hubby eats it all, none for me)
-5 vegetables in season, about 40$ total
-4 fruits in season, 50$ total probably
-some pasta, some treats like special charcuterie, baked goods ingredients, gardening supplies, light amts of junk food for weekends only
-sliced turkey and a loaf of cheddar, gallon of milk, liter of heavy cream, and carton of med eggs
-cereal for hubby

I buy meat in bulk/discount section and freeze it, my faves being pork shoulders, chicken thighs, shrimp, rockfish, and lamb
>>
I tend to walk as much as I can and as my grocery store is only 5 km away, I'll buy what I need for that day. Lately I have been buying less and less. Like, I go to the store with a list and only end up picking up 10 to 25 percent of what I need. I don't know, I walk through the store just getting steadily more disgusted. Last time I went to the store, I bought two 650g tubs of zero fat yogurt and left despite needing produces and meats. I guess shrinking down to hungry skeleton mode just makes me leery buying things.
>>
Apples
Bananas
Milk
Eggs
Broccoli
Spinach
Greek yoghurt
Chicken
>>
>>7653270
Kys walkcunt
>>
>>7649784

typical grocery list

green and red bell peppers
mushrooms
potato
onions/red onions/sjallots
lettuce
tomato

sliced gouda
emmental
cream
yoghurt
eggs
flour

coke light
bottled water
apple juice
1 red bull to drink on the way home

a whole chicken every 2 weeks
bacon

rest of the meat depends on what i'm cooking but most of the time i pick

pork cutlet
steak
octopus
cod or salmon
prawns

and ofcourse spices, oils and vinegars depending on what i need.

we spend around 600 eurobucks each month on food
>>
>>7653238
When you say 5 vegetables about $40 and 4 fruits another $50 what do you mean and why are those the only two things that have prices? I mean..do you literally just get like 5 single vegetables and it's $40 and 4 apples or something and it's $50 or is it like...a bag of apples, a bag of oranges, a watermelon and a bunch of grapes and it's $50? That would be about $10 here.
>>
>>7653288

i forgot carrots

heh just like shopping irl
>>
>>7653326
send some of that high quality emmental to me
>>
I shop weekly, though I usually end up running back out for something I forgot. Here's week 1 of my shopping list. I do change these slightly every month if I want to make something new.

Note: this feeds two people on a gluten-free diet. Week 1 total: $205.38
>>
>>7653337
love that Turkey Hill Green Tea.
>>
>>7653337
Week 2. I usually only need to buy this much flour once every 3 months or so, this happened to be the month I ran out. I actually just bought all this stuff yesterday.
>>
>>7649784
I go once a week, and try to come up with a full 7 day list of meals I'm going to prepare so I can only buy what I need.

I'm considering going to my local butcher to get all my meat in the future, but I'm afraid I'm too autistic and socially retarded to know how to have a conversation.
>>
>>7653341
Husband does too. He drinks about two gallons a week.

Week 3.
>>
>>7653351
Week 4. I spend the most in the beginning of the month, typically, usually replacing staples.
>>
fucken rich people
>>
>>7653384
who are you talking about in particular?
>>
I mostly go every day, sometimes leave one day out.

My staples are water, rice, some sort of bread, and sweet snacks lsuch as chocolate.
>>
>>7652970
>soda
>ramen

enjoy poisoning your future obese kids
>>
>>7653270
>thinking not-fat yogurt is healthy

oh, you're just retarded
>>
>>7652995
You sound like Louis /ck/
>>
>>7654095

At no point did I make that claim in my post, faggot.
>>
>>7652864
>Kosher salt
I'm curious as to why you buy food that has a religious tax on it
>>
>>7655290
Because of its versatility. Tax be damned.
>>
>>7655398
how is it better than unjewish taxed salt?
>>
>>7649784
Weekly to bi-weekly....

Fruits as needed: strawberries, blueberries, cherries (in season) apples, pears, lemons, grapes, occasional mango

Veggies as needed: red and green bell pepper, onion, maters, habaneros, green onion, celery, collard greens, garlic, ginger, taters, romaine lettuce, cukes, olives, cabbage

Proteins as needed: beef steaks, pork butt, whole chicken, bacon, smoked turkey legs

Dairy as needed: milk for making yogurt, yogurt with active culture for pitching, eggs, butter

Dry goods as needed: 25lb bag generic AP flour, sugar, brown sugar

Bulk goods: spices, peanuts for making peanut spread, raisins, pecans, coffee

Canned goods: beans, pineapple chunks, tomatos

Beer and or Vino

Various: lipton tea, sugarless gum (ex-nicotine addict), T.P., paper towels, cooking oils

Most everything I eat is made from scratch, which is one of the reasons I'm not a fat bastard.
>>
>>7652987
Implying that sodium is unhealthy
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.