[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
where the old fags at?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
I frequented /ck/ since ~2009 but haven't been a regular for maybe 9 months or so... life got busy and the mainstream 4chan crowds just bored me.

Anyway, I've been on /ck/ the last couple days and am wondering what happened to that fat fuck progun? Or Sceak?
>>
Progun is a mod now
Sceak died of a meth overdose in 2011, his dessicated bones rode the bus for months before they figured out he was actually dead
>>
>>7648718
>Progun is a mod now
May god have mercy on us. Actually, this makes perfect sense.

>Sceak died of a meth overdose in 2011, his dessicated bones rode the bus for months before they figured out he was actually dead
I can see this happening. I remember when he was banned for 6 mo (or more?) and he came back 6 mo later at like 12:01, it was crazy.
>>
Boards dead.

everyone sprouts generic memes and its not that fun anymore
>>
>>7648787
Butthurt flyover detected
>>
>>7648787
I bet the board is more popular than ever in terms of numbers.

It's probably a combination of me getting older/busier and realizing that spending an hour a day on ephemeral posts is a waste of time... and the fact that the posts and OC just got old.

/ck/ was always mostly shit, but the repetitiveness eventually loses all appeal. Not posting daily on /ck/ has definitely freed up wasted time and I don't miss much, but it was good while it lasted (especially PHS Guy and the like).
>>
>>7648800
More popular and less useful. I remember /ck/ before all the retards started calling everything "memes".
>>
>>7648800
yes, every board is too fast now, to the point where you actually have to bump occassionally.

>>7648806
this guys got it right, it happened to most boards, especially those like /fa/ and /g/
>>
>>7648806
Yeah the self-consciousness ruined /ck/, along with generational changes.
>>
>>7648787
helloooo flyover
>>
>>7648787
I've been a regular here for three years now and this is the most flyover post I've ever had the displeasure of reading.

Mods, please do something about this.
>>
>>7648691

There's been a number of threads like this the last week or so.

I used to post as Johnny_Scofflaw, then I fell off the radar when life got too demanding and the internet too mundane.
I suppose I did a bit of maturing, too.

Can't say what it was, specifically, but namefagging has lost a lot of its appeal to me, although I never really left, for what it's worth.

I still miss some of those other namefags, though.
>>
File: 1438823429290.png (1 MB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
1438823429290.png
1 MB, 1080x720
I never left, been here since 08 or 09 daily. I briefly namefagged but decided it was stupid. Overall the board has gotten much faster, less friendly, and I guess more mainstream would be the word? It's always been pretty shitty but it used to be this quirky group of what seemed like friendly and funny people. It's still got its charms but the good posts get lost in a sea of garbage. I'm guilty too, sometimes I go on tangents of rampant shitposting if my mood suits it. I rarely give a serious reply anymore because I don't think anyone cares.
>>
File: 1455826672290.png (284 KB, 635x543) Image search: [Google]
1455826672290.png
284 KB, 635x543
Forgot about those guys, OP. Thanks for mentioning :_)
>>
Oldfag reporting in

More time spent in my garden harvesting fresh food for OC than actually posting

Looks like I'll be in for some delicious leek and radish soup this month, very excited
>>
>>7649434

That's a pretty telling post.
Nice to see you're still around.
Also: Testing my old handle.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.