[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what does /ck/ have planned to cook for Mother's Day?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (373 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
373 KB, 1600x1066
So what does /ck/ have planned to cook for Mother's Day? Beer brats with mashed potatoes and salad here.

If you ain't cooking your mama anything,
>fuck you

Seriously go make your mom something to eat. If she's dead just make something for a neighbor or relative.
>>
I made our family recipe red sauce Thursday and Sunday I'm making her meatball recipe. She's very sentimental, and though I cook well she worries I won't "remember her recipes" or that I'll alter them and forget hers.

It'll be nice, and since I'm making it she won't give all the food away. When she makes meatballs and sauce, she brags to her friends and is suddenly giving some to everyone she knows...
>>
>>7647017
I'm heading over with a lamb leg to roast, some potatoes, other veg and gravy.
>>
>>7647017
I'm inviting her over to my apartment, as well as my whole family. i have told her i've learned how to make gourmet meals. What she doesnt know is that i cant cook for shit, so i'm going to go to burger king and order 50 whoppers and pass it off as my own cooking..
>>
>>7647022
>i dont care about my mom
>some of us already have a good relationship with our family

Doesn't really fit together.
>>
>>7647022
>why would you assume everyone lives under the same roof as mommy and daddy

Who said anything about that? Travel is always a possibility, though it may be impractical in some cases like yours.

I live an hour's drive away. It's no big deal at all to visit.
>>
>>7647017
Fuck all tbqh
I already rang her today (though I'll ring again tomorrow), I live interstate and it's a bullshit day made up to sell cards and tat anyway
>>
u cook yer mum brats?
>>
Wait, Mothers Day has been and gone surely, I bought her flowers and a card.
>>
>>7647078
It has. This must be in fatty land
>>
>>7647058
if mother's day means something to my mom, i'm going to do something for her on it. i'm not going to say "yeah well i love you mom but this holiday that makes you feel good is bullshit so i'm not doing anything for you until next week"
>>
>>7647022
>Also, why would you assume everyone lives under the same roof as mommy and daddy? Go fuck yourself and your hallmark corporate '''holiday''', some of us already have a good relationship with our family and don't need a greeting card company to tell us to love our parents.

OP ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>>7647083
Lazy fuckers can't even be arsed to celebrate their "moms" on the right fucking day or even spell mum correctly. I'm sensing a bit of the Jew here.
>>
>>7647017
Nice, I'm giving your mom sausage for mothers day also
>>
>>7647136
>zucchini
>proper English word
Absolute retard.
Please assist me in mocking this spastic.
>>
>>7647136
No, I'm not even gonna try. You did this to yourself. I seriously hope you are dyslexic, otherwise your "mom" has seriously fucked you up.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 265x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 265x300
>>7647136
>The English language has its roots in Italian.
You couldn't make this shit up.
>>
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 1024x683
>>7647136
May I just point out that an eggplant is an aubergine and not a courgette?
YOU FUCKING MONG!
>>
>>7647136
God Americans are a bore.
>>
>>7647136
USA '''education''' at work
>>
>>7647136
>posts on /ck/
>doesn't know the difference between a courgette and an aubergine.
Priceless.
>>
>>7647210
yes anon, dig your heels in. I'm sure this will make you right.
>>
>>7647169
>>7647187
baka tbqh
>>
>>7647210
God damn I hate Americans, you are awful people.
>>
>>7647179

http://www.bbc.com/news/education-36203613
>>
>>7647046
is like... getting more whoppers somehow going to make it more convincing? quantity = authenticity??
lmao
>>
>>7647017

my sister and I are taking her out for dinner because we're not poor.

>here mum, I made you some low effort peasant food!
>t-thanks son, *internalises disappointment*.
>>
What a pleasant thread.

In any event I drove in last night and am going to hang out for the weekend. She's already planned to make steaks and a salad and because they're getting old I'm doing my once a couple of months chores. Already helped in the garden, changed the oil in their cars, rotated the tires, checked fluids. At some point today I'll clean the gutters and trim some trees and probably wash the dog because I'll likely be dirty already.

Fuck you OP I love my mother plenty. It makes her happy to cook for me and that's what's important.
>>
>>7647301
>having a mother that enjoys her retard son taking her to Dave and Busters because he can't even cook ramen without burning it
>>
>>7647477

Is there something about the phrase "not poor" you're missing? It's a difficult concept for some, granted.
>>
>>7647017

I will not see my parents until next month around Father's Day. I plan to just take my dad to the nearest butcher, advise him to purchase WTF awesome meat he wants and allow him to go to town on it.

I guess mom can have some of the scraps.
>>
>>7647477
>D&B
Is that you BBQ King? Is that you consider a Mother's Day appropriate restaurant?
>>
>>7649074

Place looks like it drives a few waitresses to suicide a week.
>>
My mom hates everyone and feeds off of drama. If there is no drama, she creates it. Not to mention she's a NEET
>>
>>7649113
Never been. Never really had any interest.
>>
Mom just walked out because she's spends all day living the NEET lifestyle and I called her out on it. She told me she was legal in the US and found out her green card was expired.
>>
>>7647017

We doin brunch.

Waffles, omelettes, cold quinoa salad, and assorted fruits. Gotta start the day off right.
>>
>>7647252
holy shit kek
>>
>>7647233
>says a thing
that thing you say is wrong
>fuck you my country has atomic bombs
>>
My mother lives on the other side of the planet, and the only females I associate with are all in their early 20s. I think I will just let this holiday pass me by again.
>>
My grandmother is insisting I help her and my great-grandmother have a cook-out today since I'm the only male relative left in podunk town.

I don't even know what to cook, or buy. I'm assuming I buy the ingredients. I have to leave for it in three hours and I have nothing prepared or in mind.

I have eggs. Old people like eggs, right?
>>
>>7647017
I'm actually taking her out to a restaurant, nothing cheap

My own cooking just doesn't feel special enough tbqh
>>
>>7647017
Made some blueberry bread pudding and a whiskey caramel sauce for breakfast. Made her some sausage and cheese orecchiette last night, then had a nice cheese plate for dessert. Tonight we're going out, should be pretty nice. This thread reminds me I have to iron my shirt.

Brats sound pretty good, though. Gotta find a decent butcher near my new apartment.

>>7647022
>spending time with and cooking for your parents means you live with them

I live across the state, but I'm moving back to my hometown to spend time with her because both my parents are getting older, and you never know how much time you have left with them.
>>
we're having consommé rice with onions and bacon, orzo salad and ham. i love my mommy
>>7649307
lmao
u better give her a hug nigga
>>
>>7647017
Unfortunately, I'll be making food for lots of other moms, and I won't have time to make anything for my own. Working in a kitchen fucking sucks on days like this.
>>
>>7647017
>Beer brats with mashed potatoes

You mean bangers and mash? Seems a bit weird to make a British dish for the American mother's day (British mother's day has been).

But here's a tip, add tablespoon (depending on how much) of wholegrain English mustard to the mash. Also, onion gravy and peas.
>>
>>7647132
I came here to make that exact joke.

I sent mine some flowers.
>>
i havent spoken to my mother in over 10 years ha
>>
File: shh.jpg (49 KB, 736x515) Image search: [Google]
shh.jpg
49 KB, 736x515
>>7647017
Cooked her last year, but this year, I'm not really sure what I should be eating with her, since she's getting pretty old and losing her taste nowadays.
>>
My father's ex wife wants some fish tacos.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.