[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Food truck business
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
Hey guys, I live in a shithole country and in the city I currently am there aren't any food trucks, at all. I am thinking of starting a business in that direction. I can equip 4 vans to begin with. What kind of food do you think I should be selling?
>>
>>7646499
What's cheap from suppliers?

Make crab cakes between a halved cheddar bay biscuit.
>>
>>7646499
burgers and tacos. And if you're going for the breakfast crowd, decent coffee.
>>
>>7646499

What country/city?
>>
>>7646537
Bucharest/Romania
>>
>>7646602
You gonna get gyp'd son, literally.
>>
>>7646610
Nah, it's ok. I lived here all my life. I know how to deal with the gypo situations.
>>
>>7646602

At least you don't have niggers.

But yeah idk, go copy some traditional American food trucks like hot dogs/brats and I'm sure you'll hit it big.
>>
>>7646621
Burgers seem to be a hit right now as here you almost always find only kebabs and stuff like that. People tend to see hotdogs as a not healthy food.
>>
>>7646499
Anything that's relatively fast to make and easy for customers to eat while walking around. So sandwiches,burritos,soup cups,etc etc. I'd also try and make it something that only you sell. That way people will be more inclined to go to you.
>>
>>7646634
Try quality sausages instead of hot dogs. Make some weird tangy sauce to go with em
>>
>>7646634
I don't take it you can get corn tortillas easily there? Burrito roach coach would corner the market, but that being said, not sure if that market would be receptional.
>>
>>7646602
Maybe there's a reason. Check local laws before investing.

Bratwürst. Grab some good German mustard, like Bautz'ner Zenf, or one of the Austrian ones. My brother drives to Austria to shop, and he's only one country over from you.

If you were over here in the UK I'd suggest eggs and bacon. That may still be a viable option but you don't have the 9am truckers and builders getting their breakfasts.

But you can get good coffee. Perhaps consider grinding it yourself, you'll get the smell that makes people want fresh-ground coffee.

Burgers. There's always room for a burger van. Your idea in OP isn't terrible, grilled halloumi is nice.

Waffles/crêpes? (CAPTCHA just gave me pancakes, lol) Cheap to produce. Sell well.

Consider storage, and power generation.

It's not a bad idea. There may be a business in that. Just check for any reason why there's no other food trucks, like any local municipality prohibition on them, or something like that, because it's a little strange that there aren't any.
>>
>>7646621
> At least you don't have niggers.
You never met gipsies have you?

Im sorry, Im sorry, Roma people, is that better ya cunts
>>
>>7646506

Crab is crazy expensive

OP, chicken thighs, pork shoulder, short rib(potentially), pork cheeks, rice. Literally selling grilled cheese sandwiches can make you money.
https://www.yelp.ca/biz/moms-grilled-cheese-truck-vancouver
This chick went from 20,000 investment to now employing 6 people and pulling in 3k a day. Doesn't sound like much but her costs are super low, and she's self-employed.
>>
>>7646650
I have just got the permit for my first van. Not that hard to get desu. People just never considered this as a viable business.
>>
che fache ionel?
mamaliga truck is all you need in that dirty village of a country of yours.
>>
>>7646655
Getting a hard on just thinking about their women. I can't say the same about negroids.
>>
Watch this show for some ideas. It's all about food trucks in America.

http://eatst.foodnetwork.ca/tvshow
>>
whatever they eat in Romania. I would like a chicken wing vendor.
>>
File: images[1].jpg (15 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images[1].jpg
15 KB, 225x225
>>
>>7646662

Chicken man, those slavs are all about chicken and protein
>>
>>7646650
Bautzner is the cheapest most bland 'brand'mustard you can get in germany.
>>
>>7646879
Link me to the better ones and I'd happily give them a try if I can get them.
>>
>>7646812
Maybe when they're teenagers after their 20s they just go down hill
>>
File: teenager.jpg (722 KB, 2893x2848) Image search: [Google]
teenager.jpg
722 KB, 2893x2848
>>7647481
even when theyre teens... idk anon
>>
File: _madalina-ghenea-.jpg (311 KB, 478x720) Image search: [Google]
_madalina-ghenea-.jpg
311 KB, 478x720
>>7647575
yes yes
>>
>>7647754
That is just not the standard gipsy woman in my neighborhood . >>7647575
is
>>
File: despairbutalso.png (21 KB, 176x232) Image search: [Google]
despairbutalso.png
21 KB, 176x232
>>7646650
>Bratwürst
>>
>>7646499
Yeah check out some of the food trucks in Portland. There's nong's which is just chicken and rice in wax paper with some ginger soy sauce. Really good, sells out by lunchtime. Now she has 2 carts and a physical store.
>>
>>7646499
The best thing to do is make stuff that you can get out quickly, then park out at various office buildings at lunch time.
>>
>>7647876
> Portland
> Bucharest

One is not like the other anon. No one here is even touching on the issue of very low incomes in Romania that would be a issue with pricing.
>>
>>7648194
low incomes but also cheap supliers
>>
cuban sandwiches!
>>
File: 1446225883530.jpg (47 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1446225883530.jpg
47 KB, 500x375
>>7651895
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.