[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this praised so much? It tastes like cardboard, almost
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: hero_world-famous-fries.png (143 KB, 448x415) Image search: [Google]
hero_world-famous-fries.png
143 KB, 448x415
Why is this praised so much?
It tastes like cardboard, almost bland.
Every fuckin time!!!
>>
just why? i dont understand.
>>
>>7645910
Why does every establishment claim to have World Famous fries? Is there some brand of frozen fries that only ships to restaurants?
>>
File: helen_mirren.jpg (829 KB, 2000x1340) Image search: [Google]
helen_mirren.jpg
829 KB, 2000x1340
>>7645910
I bought fries from one McDonalds. They were really good. I bought fries from another McDonalds less than two miles away. They sucked.

This leads me to believe that these threads filled with local opinions are complete bunk.
>>
>>7646044
i bought fries from many different locations in my city, many times, like maybe 30....and only once they tasted good. only once....never again.
>>
>>7645910
My friend I tell you, McDonalds World Famous Fries are golden on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside. Made with quality potatoes and cooked in our Canola oil blend for zero grams of trans fat per serving. Now that's an epic bite!
>>
>>7646055
>pretending to be a shill
really?
>>
ask for no salt to get fresh ones
>>
They're yummy. I want some now.
>>
File: you-chose-poorly.jpg (142 KB, 800x398) Image search: [Google]
you-chose-poorly.jpg
142 KB, 800x398
>>7646051
>>
>>7645910
You're not supposed to eat the box too you fucking jackass.

But to be completely honest I can't even eat mcdonalds food or their fries anymore without getting sick. I swore them off for two years trying to get healthier and tried it recently, can't do it.
>>
>>7646066
That's the way it goes. Cleanse yourself then expose yourself to the old indulgences - it's terrible. The strong tastes makes one want to gag.

Try removing all sugar from your diet for a mere three months. Then drink a Coke. You'll want to puke.
>>
>>7646072
To be honest that might already happen to me, I've been avoiding every type of soda except legit ginger ales and root beers for the last year.
>>
I remember McDonald's fries being much better when I was a kid, but then again, so were low-end partially-boiled hot dogs with loads of ketchup. And bologna sandwiches on Wonderbread. So maybe they always sucked.

McDonald's fries are nice when they're just out of the frier, but they have a shelf life of about 2-5 minutes before they acquire the taste and texture of used dishrags. Plus the massive amount of salt added gets to you before you're halfway through the box.
>>
McDonalds frys are magically always soggy and bland. It's a motherfucking miracle.

Burger king has pretty good fries, they're thick and real crispy on the outside.
>>
They had to switch the oil they use, that's why they taste so much different than from 10-15 years ago. At least that's what I heard, I don't care enough to find out if it's bullshit.
>>
>>7646123
They used to fry it with beef tallow. That's why it was so great tasting.
>>
>>7645910
Not dipping the in 'Chu
Not getting them inside the 'ger
>>
Their nuggets and fries are the absolute worst shit out of any fast food place, yet the most widely praised items I see.
>>
>>7646160
yeah if you're like 30 years old but I remember them sucking even then.
>>
>>7645910
I agree. Checkers masterrace.
>>
>>7645910
You're either trolling or a hipster asshole. Regardless, fuck you.
>>
File: Lisa burp contest.png (383 KB, 624x552) Image search: [Google]
Lisa burp contest.png
383 KB, 624x552
Gotta get'em hot, fresh and well salted.
>>
People are addicted to it they like to feed their sins.
>>
>people praise these so much
actually, we don't. you must be confusing people on television with people in real life. everybody knows mcdonalds french fries are mediocre potato product, but thats the only side item they serve.
>>
>>7645910
>It tastes like cardboard, almost bland.
you're not supposed to eat the box anon, just the fries
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.