[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /ck/ what do I have to eat and drink to not make my shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_2339_20151220_212642.jpg (599 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2339_20151220_212642.jpg
599 KB, 2048x1365
Hey /ck/ what do I have to eat and drink to not make my shit rock hard and rip my asshole? Lately my shits have been like rocks and my asshole bleeds everytime I take a shit
>>
>>7644331
Lots of water and vegetable.
>>
Fiber, you dummy. And no, that doesn't mean taking fiber tablets or adding powdered shit to your drinks. It means eating fruits, vegetables and whole grains while getting plenty to drink.
>>
>>7644331
Drink a lot of beer, that'll loosen up your stool.
>>
If this problem persists or returns and is not just transient, the first thing you should probably do is to go to a GI doctor to diagnose the underlying cause of this change in bowel habits.

Taking laxatives to remedy constipation disguises the symptoms and can thus delay proper diagnosis and treatment of any possible underlying disease process, unless you do indeed seek medical assistance.

Now, as for you questions, first note that macrogol/PEG is first-line symptomatic treatment for constipation and extremely well-tolerated as well as inexpensive. Does not cause habituation. Using a medication allows you to control the dose adequately.

Food-based laxatives are basically of three kinds: Osmotic, bulking and phytochemical. The most effective food-based laxatives are dried prunes and grain bran, each working in different ways.

Osmotic laxatives retain water in the colon because they are small, unabsorbed molecules. These are mostly polyols such as sorbitol, xylitol and mannitol. The best source of sorbitol are dried prunes, other good sources are apples, pears and all other stone fruits, including their dried variants.

Bulking fiber also retain a little water in the colon and add bulk to the stool. They also irritate the mucosa a little. Both of these aspects accelerate bowel transit. The best bulking fibers are wheat/spelt bran and other brans like rice (oat bran has a different composition and is less suitable). Wheat and spelt bran produce gas at high doses. Psyllium seeds are another option, although they are mostly soluble and, in the case of slow-transit constipation, will dry out and fail to produce adequate results.

Phytochemical laxatives are found in dried prunes, rhubarb and some other plants. These accelerate colonic transit similar to stimulant medication.

The laxative effect of dried prunes is usually best at around 6-12 prunes a day.
10g wheat bran is equivalent to 100g whole wheat. A typical dose would be 10-20g of bran a day.
>>
>>7644371
Or, OP can become a literal faggot and enlarge his asshole.
>>
>>7644339

Why not supplements?
>>
>>7644341
You might be joking, but if you do this daily, you'll eventually stop having solid stool. Last time I had a solid shit I wasn't even constipated, and it tore the fuck out of my manhole. My body just wasn't prepared for a normal bowel movement.
>>
>>7644371
Could you elaborate on gut bacteria as well anon? would really appreciate it
>>
>>7646119
if they came out with a steak supplement would you take that or eat a fucking steak
>>
>>7646149
Idiopathic constipation and IBS-C are typically associated with methane producers, especially Methanobrevibacter smithii (an archaeon, not a bacterium). Methane itself appears to slow down the gut and can cause constipation. Methanogens metabolize hydrogen produced by bacteria. Methanogens are most effectively fought with a specific combination of GI antibiotics, although there is some evidence that they can also be fought with certain foods, including garlic, oregano and Brassica (i.e. cabbage, broccoli, Brussel sprouts etc.).
>>
Probioitics
>>
>>7646150
1) if I wanted to, sure, why not?
2) i don't like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, or getting plenty to drink
3) you can't compare something tasty like a steak
>>
>>7646934
Respecting your preferences, you could try getting a high intake of fluid through milkshakes or something like that and add slimey grains like chia or linseed to your diet.

I would recommend finding a vegetable or fruit you like, though.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.