[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Marinades
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: Marinated-Meat-1.jpg (226 KB, 475x316) Image search: [Google]
Marinated-Meat-1.jpg
226 KB, 475x316
Summer is around the corner and people are starting to throw BBQs almost every day now.

What kind of meat do you throw on there? What kind of marinades do you use?

My recipe:

2 minced cloves of garlic
5 tablespoons of ketjap manis
1 teaspoon of cumin powder
2 teaspoons of coriander powder
1 teaspoon of ginger
2 teaspoons of sambal ulek

this works for about 400 grams of pork.

I normally let it marinate for a from morning to evening, but I'm thinking about letting it marinate for about 24 hours.

Thoughts?
>>
File: 20160504_142516-1.jpg (3 MB, 2236x2236) Image search: [Google]
20160504_142516-1.jpg
3 MB, 2236x2236
>>7644306
I'm grilling these short ribs tonight. They are at home marinating in soy, honey, mirin, garlic, salt & pepper, water and toasted sesame oil. Mmmmmm galbi
>>
I make tacos from my BBQ'd Meats
1. Combo of Chicken breast & thigh
- Marinade with Memphis Style Rub
2. Get Arracherra from mexican shop
- Marinade with salt and a light mexican beer

After its toasted, I cut it into small 1" cubes, and fry with homemade salsa (Jalapeno, Tomatoes are also grilled). Serve with beans and diced serrano.

Literally have it every day for lunch and dinner.
>>
>>7644306
pollo asada/ carne asada that i make

>1 medium brown onion chopped roughly
>bunch of cilantro chopped roughly
>juice of 5 to 10 limes (make sure you use fucking limes, they are sour and delicious)
>idk how much but a bunch of yellow mustard
>salt

put in plastic bag or whatever and mix together then put the meat in and let it sit for no more than a day....after about a day i feel like it makes the chicken grainy but idk....

grill and consume
>>
>>7644306
Throw in some shredded shallots, they work well in ketjap marinade. Personally, I'd also add some oil, maybe some lime.

My go-to for beef and chicken; chimichurri
>cup red wine vinegar
>cup olive oil
>teaspoon red pepper flakes
>teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
>teaspoon coarse sea salt
>3 cloves garlic
>small shallot
>densely packed cup of green herbs (tarragon, oregano, parsley, basil, do not use thyme, cilantro or sage)

Blitz in a food processor, use half for marinade, other half for sauce.

I also make a batch of dry rub each season, which I can make into a thick paste with oil to marinate.
>1 part cayenne
>1 part onion powder
>1 part garlic powder
>1 part smoked paprika
>1 part ground cumin
>1 part dried and cut thyme (oregano, rosemary, basil will also do. Juniper berries if you're feeling adventurous)
>1 part kitchen salt
>1 part fresh ground black pepper
>2-4 parts brown sugar, to taste
>>
>>7644531
I'll keep the shallots and lime in mind. Why would oil be good, though?
>>
File: cuckflavordonut.jpg (343 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
cuckflavordonut.jpg
343 KB, 3264x2448
Making ribs for muh bday tom.
2 liters if 7up
3 cups of soy and vinegar
1 whole onion chopped
Garlic chopped
Fresno pepper chopped
Sugar

If it taste like garbage bad bday if it taste food good bday. Wish me luck /ck/
>>
>>7644520
Good Carne Asada just needs salt and lime right before putting it on the grill
>>
>>7644571
Oil stops the meat from sticking to the grill, and carries the water-insoluble flavours into the meat. You won't need a lot, just a splash of sunflower oil or peanut oil.
>>
>>7645690
"good carne asada"
Unless you are making strip steak or rib eye you need a good seasoning/marinade. especially with cuts like sirloin , skirt or chuck.
>>
Costillas en chile negro (adobo)

>pork ribs
>pasilla chile
>honey
>orange juice
>holy mexican trinity ( cumin pepper and oregano)
>fennel
>cloves
>garlic

You just made the perfect marinade, /ck/
>>
>>7644399
you dirty little faggot-whore
>>
>>7644399
The honey probably more than makes up for it, but isn't it supposed to have pear juice in it?

>>7644306
>Thoughts?
You could use oil instead of mayonnaise.
Doesn't matter to me, that's just my only thought.
>>
This is what I usually use for chicken:

>finely chopped onion
>garlic
>rosemary
>paprika
>chili paste (homemade, or, otherwise, chili powder with some drops of tabasco sauce)
>honey
>a pinch of turmeric
>worcestershire sauce
>salt
>black pepper

The colour it's a beautiful oranhe-ish red and I love how it tastes.
Thoughts? Advices?
>>
File: images.png (11 KB, 245x206) Image search: [Google]
images.png
11 KB, 245x206
>>7646614
>pear juice
Yeah it does normally have pear juice but I found a recipe for "lazy man's galbi" from some youtube guy that substitutes it with honey. The guy is really funny and cool too and his recipe's are super simple. I've only gotten salmonella twice so far
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.