[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any idea on how to stop flour or breading from coming off and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: chicken.jpg (128 KB, 500x319) Image search: [Google]
chicken.jpg
128 KB, 500x319
Any idea on how to stop flour or breading from coming off and ruining the oil when frying chicken?

I try shaking off the excess flour, but that doesn't seem to help much.
>>
you bread it and let it sit for about 15-20 minutes ya dingus
you don't bread it shake it off then fry
>>
>>7643047

>ruining the oil

what are you, poor? throw it out after the first fry.
>>
File: Hot Wings1 (1).jpg (759 KB, 1881x1457) Image search: [Google]
Hot Wings1 (1).jpg
759 KB, 1881x1457
Do you like extra crispy OP? Do the above, but then dip and flour a second time and let it sit again. Amazing results.
>>
>>7643082

You must mean

>dip in egg
>dip in flour
>dip in egg
>dip in flour a second time

If you do it twice with only one egg wash you're wasting your time.
>>
>>7643088
Yes that's what I meant.
>>
>>7643114
Kek
>>
Oil not hot enough. Or just cook the chicken first then coat and shallow fry.
>>
freeze before frying if you have the time.
>>
>>7643050
this, OP. If you let it sit, it moisturizes all the breading with the chicken juices or whatever and it's not just a dry powder on the outside.
>>
>>7643047
Strain the oil through several layers of cheese cloth to get rid of any bits of breading that contaminate it.
>>
>>7643047
flour egg flour
>>
>>7643047
salt the chicken and put in fridge for a few hours
flour the chicken thoroughly first, no wet bits should remain
make sure oil is 350 use a thermometer
when ready to put in oil put in egg then coat in flour
party
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.