[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CookingInRussia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: index-1.jpg (4 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
index-1.jpg
4 KB, 100x100
Anyone bought his cookbooks? Probably my favourite cook on YouTube.
>>
I like him, would like a little more production value, but i suppose he sees the books as he main thing
>>
>>7641944
I actually like the gritty style of his videos. I find he gives very detailed instructions and that's great for an amateur like me. Did you buy his books? Are they good? I'm thinking about getting them.
>>
His hands are shakey as hell. Makes me wonder if he's an alcoholic.
>>
>>7642057
>Makes me wonder if he's an alcoholic.

Is he Russian? Then yes.
>>
>>7642057
Hehe he says that it is explained in one of his books. I want to get it just to find out why.
>>
>>7641876
See, you're all trying to confuse, he's cooking in russia but he's not cooking russian per se.

Russian Armenian Meat pies video, they look off the charts bro, my mother makes them and they look very similar to this with cheese, flour, egg yolk and mint filling, but the beef filling he made in the 2nd vid looks amazing.
>>
>>7642512
Yeah this guy is on another level compared to any YouTube cooks (or even most real life cooks I think). I've never seen a cook tackle molecular gastronomy before. His videos on food chemistry are very informative.

Also I like the style of videos that are straightforward without much bells and whistle. Very comfy to watch.
>>
>>7642088
>>7642057
He said that he suffered an electric shock when he worked as a technitian and it's been shakey since then.

First volume of his book is far more minimal than the second in that most of the recipes included are bare bones lists of ingredients and some nuanced point on why you should dry your own carrot. It's still got plenty of full recipes, cocktails, techniques and stories from his life.
The second book is more detailed in techniques and contains mostly full recipes so you don't have to keep flipping to the videos whilst cooking.
They both also have a large repertoire of amazing spice blends.

The books are more for interest in technical skills and methods but they're both brilliant to have.
>>
>>7641876
link?
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 480x360
IN SOVIET RUSSIA FOOD EATS YOU
>>
>>7643846
>The books are more for interest in technical skills and methods but they're both brilliant to have.
I would actually much prefer this then simple recipe books. Thanks for the info!

>>7643854
https://youtube.com/#/user/CookinginRussia
>>
>>7643858
What the fuck is that?
>>
File: 1419036713146.jpg (26 KB, 557x544) Image search: [Google]
1419036713146.jpg
26 KB, 557x544
This channel is a gem
>>
>>7643884
I'm surprised to have never seen it mentioned on here. I found it when searching for beef bourguignon recipe.
>>
>>7643871
"""Tuna""""
>>
>>7642057
>Cook
>Russian

Chances are high
>>
>>7643871
it's a fish jaw, some fish have pretty gnarly looking teeth
>>
>>7643884
what fucking channel is it?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.