[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best cheap non-stick pan?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: egg-in-non-stick-pan[1].jpg (103 KB, 700x469) Image search: [Google]
egg-in-non-stick-pan[1].jpg
103 KB, 700x469
What is the best cheap non-stick pan? I just need to cook eggs, meat and hash browns
>>
Whatever you find at your local dollar store or Walmart.
You said cheap, not good.
>>
Non-stick pans are one of the things you don't want to skimp on. Get a mid-range Tefal pan, it'll stay non-stick for years.
>>
>>7641691
not unless you take metal utensils to it
>>
>>7641685
>best cheap
Meaning best value, it's too early for autism
>>
>>7641691
What counts as midrange? $30 for 12 inch?
>>
>>7641691
>>tells someone not to skimp
>>recommends cheap pan
>>
Does anyone known if its okay to use melmac utensils on nonstick?
>>
>>7641683
get a 12" non-stick t-fal pan. $30 on amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000GWG0T2/
>>
>>7641948
cool
>>
>>7641836
>melmac

That's a type of plastic thus it is safe.
>>
File: img_3347.jpg (328 KB, 1200x896) Image search: [Google]
img_3347.jpg
328 KB, 1200x896
>still using a nonstick

Why. This isn't the 80s.

Go cast iron or mineral, like this fine Buyer.

You'll thank me later.
>>
>>7642067
>it's the current year
>>
Some cock.
>>
>>7641683
t-fal
>>
Get yourself a cast iron pan. You will never need anything else.
>>
>>7641683
costco used to have a two pack for 30 bucks. really heavy, great heat capacity

split the pack wiht my sister to get a great nonstick for 15 bucks
http://www.costco.com/Tramontina-ProLine-8%22-Restaurant-Nonstick-Fry-Pans---2-Pack.product.100143884.html
>>
>>7641827

There's only so much you can do with Teflon and no one does it better than Tefal, a lot of more expensive brands do significantly worse though.
>>
>>7642385
>you will never need anything else
yeah, if you never cook acidic foods or anything requiring precise temperature control
>>
cast iron is objectively the best pan ever created

only pleb tier cooks use nonstick
>>
File: image.png (40 KB, 414x571) Image search: [Google]
image.png
40 KB, 414x571
>>7642738
'no'
>>
>>7642758
I need to get a solid silver pan
>>
>>7641691
tefal causes cancer, you proably dont want that stuff if you work your food in the pan with anything metal.
consider ceramics as another option, been working great for me so far
>>
>>7642792

Everything causes cancer.

I haven't see a "ceramic" pan with really long lasting non-stick properties yet (Thermolon is the only proper ceramic, doesn't stay non stick for long either though).
>>
>>7642844
>Everything causes cancer.
thats such a shitty argument
asbestos, cigarettes, sun damage.

what should be said is that tefal comes with a greater risk of cancer than the alternatives.
>>
>>7642852

> what should be said is that tefal comes with a greater risk of cancer than the alternatives.

No, that's what should be proven.

Note that a lot of the "ceramic" coatings are actually made from organic materials which start decomposing at relatively low temperatures too.
>>
>>7642909
yah youre right. It seems the EPA has labeled it a likely carcinogen pending further review

it seems like itll be another BPA BPS situation.

Im still going to use teflon as itll need to get really hot to be remotely dangerous and i use my nonsticks for eggs mostly
>>
>>7641685
Best is the superlative form of good. Go back to pedantry university and actually apply yourself this time. I'm sure you'll do great things.
>>
>>7642784
believe it or not, those exist, though they cost an exorbitant amount of money
>>
they are all shit in my experience. I've paid $85 for one and it lasted the same amount of time as one a tenth of the price. pan went to shit after three months. now I just buy cheap ones and throw them away.
>>
>>7642155
>people
>>
>>7642784
lel
>>
>>7641683
>I just need to cook eggs, meat, and hash browns
Enjoy your heart disease at age 35
>>
>>7643829

>$2500 is expensive

fucking pleb my japanese 1000 folds meteorite knives cost more than a silver pan
>>
>>7643838

>i buy pans and throw them away every 3 months

shit man... ive been using the same pan for like 4 years now
>>
I bought that "Green Life" thing you see in infomercials at Walmart for like $10.
It works pretty well. I scrambled, fried, and sauteed in it with no sticking.
>>
>>7642758
>thermal conductivity is the only measure of a pan
>>
>>7641683
T-Fal get some good marks.

I mean it's not like you need to spend 100 bucks on a nonstick pan to get a good one.

You can get a Calaphalon 12 inch for like 30-40 bucks. Thing is awesome. Even survived a few room mate stories.
>>
>>7645001
It's not the only measure, but ignoring it completely like the CI autists do is pretty dumb

For a CI autist the only metric that counts is if it goes with your bacon and hardtack cosplay
>>
get carbon steel, they last forever, season like cast iron, and you can use metal on them
>>
>>7641683

TFal is a pretty good brand and my go to for teflon pans.

I've tried cheaper ceramic coated pans and they are flaming garbage compared to teflon. They are only slightly better then SS when it comes to non-stick properties.
>>
>>7645071
tell us said roommate stories
>>
>>7645001
Since we're talking about "objectively best" then conductivity is probably the single most important quantifiable metric for cookware since it determines evenness of heat and how quickly you can change the temperature of whatever you're cooking.
>>
Ceramics are better for non-stick, not sure what price range we're talking but teflon or green pans are pretty reliable

>inb4 staining problems
>>
>>7641948
Can confirm that T-Fal is decent.

They sell them at a store near me, lasts a long time if you keep metal away from it.
>>
>>7645379
>lasts a long time if you keep metal away from it.
I'd assume you mean when cleaning?
>>
>>7645448
I mean metal utensils, primarily.

Forks, spoons, metal spatula, etc.
>>
>>7645477
Probably shouldn't buy one for my mom then...
>>
>>7645482
That goes for basically every single non-stick pan that exists, though.

Non-stick coatings are not hard.
>>
>>7642852
>tefal
If you put too much heat on it yes, but if you only use it up to medium heat, then it should not be too bad
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.