[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good liquors that can be enjoyed neat, besides
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 2011.jpg (100 KB, 450x360) Image search: [Google]
2011.jpg
100 KB, 450x360
What are some good liquors that can be enjoyed neat, besides whiskey? I want to step up my game from college-tier cocktails. I'm talking the stuff you see in movies that the cultured sophisticated men pour out of crystal bottles. Had some amaretto after a dinner recently and it was lovely, what else is there that I've been missing?
>>
>>7640932
Cocktails? What kind?
>>
>>7640932
Literally anything can be had neat
The issue is having a liquor of suitable quality to be neat.
Gin neat? Boodles or Hendricks
Rum neat? Appleton Estate 12 year reserve
Amaretto? Any over $20 a bottle
Lairds Applejack is good neat
So is Campari
Brandy/Cognac/Armagnac are all served neat - Courvoisier is good without going into debt.
>>
File: 3021937_t1_1200x1200.jpg (91 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
3021937_t1_1200x1200.jpg
91 KB, 1200x1200
grand marnier my nig
>>
>>7640932
>2016
>he's not an alcoholic
>he drinks for some unimaginably convoluted reason other than feeling the effects of alcohol
>>
Seagrams gin
17 dollars for a liter has a nice lemony smell to it with more of an herby taste/aftertaste
Plus people might think your bad ass for drinking it cause in my experience most people think straight gin taste like rubbing alcohol

You can also make some really good mixed drinks with it
>>
>>7640995
>>7641003
>>7641010
Thanks for the answers bros
>>
>>7640932

brandy
>>
>>7641003
this, but WARM IT UP!
>>
Since no one's mentioning good neat vodkas I will.
Luksusowa over ice is good, same with Chopin, rye is my favorite, Ciroc is over priced, but actually pretty good. If you're not into plain vodka, zubrowka (buffalo grass) vodka is one of my favorite liquors in general. Really great, unique taste to it.
>>
>>7641229

>i dont want to drink like a college kid anymore
>hey OP you should drink cheap vodka

recommending hobo vodka and ciroc literally triggers the fuck out of me so hard
>>
>>7641231
What hobo vodka did I suggest? The cheapest one was luksusowa, but that stuff is mid shelf tier and competitive with even top shelf names imo.
Also, ciroc is good. It's marketing drove up the price but it's still a good vodka. Russian standard is a cheaper grey goose btw.
Someone once suggested Russian jewel vodka, but it's about 50$+ a bottle if I remember right, and for that price I'd take some single malt.
>>
>>7641249

might as well go buy a bottle of nail polish remover and pour it over ice if you think neat vodka is great and pay $50/bottle for some rapper shit
>>
>>7641267
Ciroc is around 30 for a 750ml. The hype behind it is dumb, but if that's your only criticism of the stuff then fuck off.
I drink neat vodka because I like the subtle flavor differences in the grain. My liquor of choice is scotch though.
>>
>>7641270

>its so good neat
>so much flavor
>my favorite is the candy cane flavored burnetts
>>
>>7641292
Yes keep proving you have little to no experience with vodka.
>>
>>7641270
Ciroc is pretty good
>>
>>7640995
Also grappa
>>
Tequila neat you want at least an Anejo, Go for extra anejo if you can. I recommend San Matias as its great but not too expensive but almost any anejo will do. Patron is overrated and overpriced. . Almendrado is a fun choice.
>>
>>7641733
Joven/Blanco, Resposado, Anejo, and Extra Anejo aren't measures of quality just the age. You can find lots of great tequila in any age range. Lots of people prefer Resposados because the distinct peppery agave taste of tequila gets overwhelmed and lost in the aging process really quick, so it is a good balance of oaky whiskey type flavors and the actual flavor of the distillate.

For other mezcals or sotols younger is usually preffered to best taste the unique, intense earthy flavors of the often rustic distillation process.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.