[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gluten Free
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: GF-image.jpg (2 MB, 1600x1131) Image search: [Google]
GF-image.jpg
2 MB, 1600x1131
Why?(For people who don't have celiac disease)
>>
>>7639792
Literally no reason, but dumb wanna-be "healthy" people (read: middle-aged women) eat up this Dr. Oz pseudo-science bullshit
>>
>>7639792
Because wheat has an abundance of fermentable fiber and that fucks a lot of people up

They're uninformed and blame it on gluten
>>
>>7639860
This. They need something to blame for their own condition otherwise they would have to be accountable for their own actions. It's possible in some circles that it's a fad diet, but ultimately the first reason.
>>
I get breakouts because of it. I'd rather have cancer.
>>
>>7639879
So is it more convenient/more selection of food now that it's more publicized?
>>
There is some misinformation around about wheat and other gluten grains having all sorts of negative properties unrelated to gluten. An example would be the idea that wheat is addictive because it contains opioids (which is nonsense, see http://thecuriouscoconut.com/blog/is-wheat-addictive-like-heroin)

As has been said, wheat also has some fermentable fiber which leads to gas production. A large portion of pasta can be equivalent to about a half to full small onion in those terms. Now, this is actually a positive thing and good for colonic health, but some people have some health issues that give them problems with the gas or the fiber (IBS, IBD). Some people I guess also feel that any fart is a fart too much
>>
>>7639792
To subsidise stuff for people like my friend with celiac disease.
That they didn't actually have until they got a job at KFC, but the flour set the whole thing off because they were around it all the fucking time.
>>
gluten is the latest dietary boogeyman. people don't want to accept the fact that overeating and lack of exercise makes them fat and unhealthy. they want to blame a certain type of food to which they are "allergic" in the hope that by avoiding it they will become thin, healthy and beautiful.

saying your product lacks the current boogeyman is a very effective and easy marketing ploy.

in the past it was hfcs, sugar, msg, saturated fat, etc.
>>
File: img_5241.jpg (31 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
img_5241.jpg
31 KB, 450x600
SUCK IT UP.
>>
>>7639792
It's easier to avoid eating shitty things if you avoid grains, especially in America.

>pastries
>pizza
>deep fried anything
>(unhealthy) burgers
>etc.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.