[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am trying to eat better and am aware that I haven't really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: grilled_chicken_salad_2.png (234 KB, 477x355) Image search: [Google]
grilled_chicken_salad_2.png
234 KB, 477x355
I am trying to eat better and am aware that I haven't really eaten a salad or green vegetables in a very long time.

Today I went to McDonald's and got a Southwest crispy chicken salad and a Diet Coke. I started eating it in the parking lot and just could not enjoy it. I ended up picking at it for 5 minutes then just tried to eat as much salad as I could with each chicken bite.

It was the first time I've thrown out fast food before, and it was over half full. I ended up driving to another McDonald's and got a Jr. McChicken and QPC because I was still really hungry. So it ended up costing me a lot more for dinner than normal, which was vexing.

Is salad an acquired taste? There was nothing enjoyable about the texture and sort of bitterness of eating leafy vegetables.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I looked at the Wendy's menu and there are some interesting ones to try involving chili that may ease me into healthy eating.

Thanks
>>
>>7639785
"Eating better" doesnt actually mean anything. Just count calories like a non-fat fuck.
>>
>>7639796
>calories
>Do anything
>>
>>7639805
>you
>not fat
>>
>>7639785
>going to McDonald's Ryo eat healthy
Just embrace your fatness so natural selection can pick you off faster.
>>
>>7639805
lmao. fucking idiot
>>
>>7639785
people donnt enjoy salad anon, the only reason people eat salad with meat or chicken is because they are usd to it.
The only thing salad can add to its flavour is oil and vinagre, you could add onions and it would change the taste sure but hte lettuce and tomato are still pointless, you can add corn but corn would taste better alone with just butter and you can add carrots or rice wich would taste better alone with mayo.
Salad is a non food sine the secret to a good salad is trying to hide the fact that is salad as much as possible, you are better off eating grilled veggies to be honest
>>
File: 1448649589932.png (35 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1448649589932.png
35 KB, 625x626
>>7639785
99% this is a troll, but on the off-chance this isn't, and you're actually this dumb, try not eating shit tier food like anything from mcdonalds. go to a local grocery store, or better yet a farmer's market and get some fresh stuff, which will actually taste good.
>>
>>7639827
To hell with that, i'm a busy intellectual, i have no time for food cooking.
>>
File: 1422494042331.jpg (60 KB, 637x636) Image search: [Google]
1422494042331.jpg
60 KB, 637x636
>>7639852
>>
>>7639862
What's that supposed to mean? Fuckin stop talking retarded!
>>
>>7639852
actual tip, get two burguers and add lettuce to one, keep adding veggies like onions, tomato and pickles gradually until you get the equivalent of a smll salad of them in there, the other burger you eat as it is until you dont need it anymore
>>
>>7639870
ok, i'll try that tomorrow. thanks.
>>
>>7639785
I'm afraid you're going to be a good boy for the rest of your life.
>>
>>7639852
*tips fedora*
Fight the good fight OP
>>
>>7639785
>I am trying to eat better
>Today I went to McDonald's
These things don't go together.
>>
>>7639785

Salad, aka lettuce, is junk.
The only reason iceberg was ever a thing was because it survived shipping before refrigerated transport was available.
And assume anything traditionally served with that non-foodstuff to also be of the same shit-tier.

I'd say try your hand at saamjang or Cornish pasties.
>>
>>7639929
Why? McDonalds offers healthy options, like salad, even though i didn't like it.
>>
>>7639963
>saamjang
oh my so many ingridients i dont know
what is sesame?
>>
>>7639963
>saamjang
Are you suggesting he just eat the paste?
>>
>>7639967

Not that anon, but healthy options should be tantalizing enough through sheer quality of taste that you don't need to be guilted into eating them for other reasons.

>>7639971

Sorry, ssamjang.
Sesame is usually the oil from the seed, although I've heard of the paste being used (never tried it, but would love a chance).
It's really rich, and a little goes a long way.
I use it in noodle dishes and Asian slaws (and sesame chicken, of course).
It goes well with a bit of peanut butter and/or sunflower seed, especially if there's a small touch of bitter component to the dish.
>>
>>7639971
>what is sesame?
This thread just took an amazing turn.
>>
the Southwest Salad is pretty good
>>
>>7639982
>>7639996

I don't know about you guys, but anyone know of a place in the Buffalo/W NY area where an anon can buy sesame paste?
I'm new to the area and don't trust mail-order (it's just not my thing).
>>
>>7640022
Are there no International bodegas?
>>
>>7639824
I pretty much exclusively eat salads without dressing and this is retarded, they can be delicious if you just tailor them to your liking.
>>
>>7640080

I live in the boonies, so, no.
I've Googled what's available in this area, and everything came back Buffalo---a good hour's drive.
I'm used to living in Jacksonville, Florida, where everything's a short walk away.
>>
>>7639785
>I'm going to eat healthy
>goes to McDonald's
>continues drinking soda

absolutely pathetic
>>
If not trolling, OP should find out which vegetables he DOES like.
>>
>>7639785
it looks like that salad is what many people refer to as a "spring mix"

which is has a more bitter earthy/dry taste and texture to the typical iceberg salads.

recommended veggies

carrots
radish
romain lettuce

sprouts

if you don't like salad and lettuce, go with the coleslaw

cabbage is objectively better than iceberg.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 550x367) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 550x367
For me, it's the watermelon, intelligent, nihilistic and has a wicked sense of humor.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.