[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are chopsticks functional?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: 013.png (747 KB, 1673x2400) Image search: [Google]
013.png
747 KB, 1673x2400
Are chopsticks functional?
>>
Sure, but you have to eat with the bowl next to your mouth and it makes you look like a child.
>>
I think they're FUNctional :3c
>>
>>7639470
>lol this anime is so funny because the girl is acting autistic and dumb
>i enjoy this series because all the cute girls are acting dumb and autistic in contrast to real people
>>
>>7639475
no you just suck at using chopsticks
>>
>>7639486
alright, how do you eat rice with chopsticks without putting the bowl next to your mouth?
>>
>>7639491
Have sufficiently sticky rice, scoop up clumps while holding the chopstick ends parallel.
>>
>>7639493
and what if it's not sticky?
>>
>>7639496
Then either someone's fucked up or you're not eating Chinese food, in which case why are you using chopsticks.
>>
>>7639475
Are you suppose to bring your mouth to the bowl instead?
>>
>>7639496
Git gud faggot
>>
Chopsticks are functional, but they are not all-purpose. I live in Japan and we use spoons and forks for foods that need it (like spoon for curry). And for rice, it works if it is Asian style and sticky. For rice pilaf or loose rice, we do not use chopsticks.
>>
>>7639749
are you native to japan?
>>
>>7639470
what mango is this
>>
Chopsticks are like using your fingers. If you could pick up something easily with a pinching motion to shove it in your piehole, chopsticks will work. They have the precision of picking out your favorite bits in the dish, with the bonus of not getting food all over your hands.

If you eat non-Asian food with them, though, you'll look like a total weeb.

Me being a total weeb: I like to thinly slice an apple, put it in a bowl, microwave it for five minutes, then eat the cooked fruit with wooden chopsticks because I don't like to taste metal when I do this.
>>
>>7639801
Boku no Hero academia
>>
>>7639485
Calm down.
>>
People have been using them for thousands of years and they haven't fallen out of style. Of course they're functional.

Next up: Can you use a knife and fork to transfer prepared food from a plate to your mouth? Watch our stunning findings tonight at 11.
>>
>>7639470
Kinda i just dont know where to put them after. Would a fanby pack work?
>>
>>7640171
You keep them in your pocket protector
>>
>>7640183
A sea gull took mine :(
>>
>>7640200
This is why you keep a shuriken in your back pocket, it makes short work of those flying rats and you can make a nice ramen stock from the carcass.
>>
>>7640234
Ohh neat! Can i take sweet poses holding them over my eyes before i throw them? :^)
>>
>>7640254
You can try that but I find my hitai-ate falls down over my eyes if I try to pose too hard. Maybe I should have my mom take the band in again, it keeps getting loose.
>>
>>7640277
Have you tried a trench coat? It's heavy enough to provide some armor and makes you look mysterious like a stanger!
>>
>>7640284
I used to wear one but it was too uncomfortable and awkward to wear my katana on my back under it (for stealth) so now I wear this sweet hoodie patterned to look like a shozoko.
>>
>>7639807
Just buy some half-way decent silverware...you are fucking up if you "taste" metal while eating with a fork or spoon.
>>
I'm chinese and for actual chinese food they are.
obviously chinese food is best so I only ever need chopsticks.
>>
>>7640376
It's silverware I got as a hand-me-down from my parents. It's in good nick, and was pretty expensive because WASPs.

I can always taste metal, and find its temperature and flavor deeply unpleasant. You don't?
>>
>>7640437
get actual silverware and not fucking flatware.
I can taste the fucking steel in flatware. Thank god I inherited some actual silverware.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.