[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /ck/ i'm going to college in 4 months and i want to be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: I7vVXC9.jpg (142 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
I7vVXC9.jpg
142 KB, 640x640
Hi /ck/ i'm going to college in 4 months and i want to be able to cook good shit for my roomies. I have basic cooking knowledge but nothing great, can you give me some tips on how to become a good chefboi.
>>
>>7638401
Your roomies will probably live on frozen pizzas and burritos. Don't worry about them.

If you want to learn to cook for yourself, just look up recipes for something you want to eat and practice it until you're satisfied with the result.
>>
>>7638401
>want to cook for roommates
>they either have shit taste or just look at it as free food

If I wasn't poor as fuck I wouldn't mind cooking for them, but i am not not using red onions because you're a stupid nigger who think black pepper is spicy
>>
Fucking hell. OP was in kindergarten when I left home for college...
>>
i'm just looking for the best simple recipes that /ck/ has got really
>>
>>7638725
The internet's full of recipes, but /ck/ generally doesn't give them out unless it's for something specific. There's a whole wide world of cooking out there, and we don't know what you like. For all we know, you eat ghost pepper chili and grasshoppers exclusively.

Just look up dishes you're interested in. If you get a craving, google it and try the first recipe you see. If it doesn't work out, try another one or look up videos to make sure you're doing it right.

Oh fuck it. Just go to food wishes: https://www.youtube.com/user/foodwishes
>>
>>7638905
thanks that channel seems really useful. I'm just still not really sure how i should go about it. Should i just pick some recipes, buy the ingredients and dive in? Are there beginner recipes i should start with?
>>
>>7638938
Yeah basically. I'd start with simpler stuff, because you're going to fuck it up a lot to begin with, and if there's less stuff to fuck up you'll be able to figure out what you did wrong.

People have been cooking for thousands of years. Just make whatever. Eggs and mashed potatoes are good places to start.
>>
>>7638401
COOK YOUR COCK ON A PLATE FAGGOT
>>
>>7638960
what sorta spices do you recommend with that
>>
>>7638960
You don't cook on a plate, silly.
>>
Anything above midwestern mom and frozen tendies and fries tier is probably enough to impress them. And that's if they actually appreciate it, don't just look at you as a food dispenser, and are willing to contribute. But chances are they would be just as satisfied eating cafeteria, frozen and fast food shit.

You'll probably grow to dislike them anyway.

So don't worry about it.
>>
1. think of food you like
2. youtube how to make that food
3. ????
4. profit
>>
>>7638401
>coking for guys
>not cooking for girls
Learn to cook for yourself first. Then test your knowledge. Bros will eat anything. A lot of girls are self-conscious about their weight, you know? So if you can get a girl to eat your food, you're in the clear.
>>
>>7638608
3 likes
>>
>>7638725

Alright faggot I'll give you an easy one.

Get 4 lamb shanks, liberally salt the shit out of the outside, pepper is good too, bit of olive oil. Then wrap those shanks in seran wrap. then wrap them in tin foil.

Cook the shanks for an hour at 350f(you can look up celcius if you want I dont play that shit). then lower the heat to 200f for 2 hours. These will keep in your fridge for 2 weeks, you can simple shred the meat or leave in on the bone.

Then open up a can of chick peas(or cook your own, much cheaper in the long run), and in a pot cook down onions and red peppers, garlic, and a bit of tomato, mix with your drained chick peas and season it.

A meal for minimal effort, almost no clean up, easy to re-heat.
>>
>>7638401
go fuck yourself

also
http://ck.booru.org/
verticals and some ok stuff
>>
>>7638401
what are you getting a kitchen in your dorms?
>>
>>7638938

>>7638955
This. Focus on the simple stuff first. You're going to be roomies with whom you have no idea what their tastes are going to be like. No sense going out and buying stuff only to find out that roomie A hates pizza, Roomie B hates pasta and Roomie C can't look at broccoli without yakking his guts out.

Simple things you can do that are generally safe things:

Nice Grilled Cheese - Instead of using kraft singles, use a nice sharp cheddar or something like that with good bread, makes the old GC much tastier.

Mac and Cheese - Stay with the boxed stuff to start with just to see if they like it, then spruce it up a bit. Throw in cubes of ham or chicken, add some frozen corn/carrots to vary it up, mix it with a can of tuna or two to make Tuna Mac (double check with fish though, that can be tricky)

Pasta and Sauce - Pretty much impossible to fuck up. Simple jarred pasta sauce with pasta of choice. If theyr'e fine with that, try addding things like sauteeing ground beef or turkey with some onions for extra flavor or just adding frozen meatballs to the sauce and heating it on the stove.

Canned Chili with rice/noodles - Easy baseline. Start with the chili then adjust it to what you like. Want more meat? Add some cooked ground turkey/beef. Want more veggies? Add some sauteed bell peppers or onions for some extra flavor or just dash in a bunch of extra hot sauce for some spice (be careful, everyone has their different spice tolerances)

And there you go, you have some simpler stuff you can work with that usually starts with a boxed dinner and you can work from there. Salad can be pre-made bagged kits or just chopped hearts of romaine with tomatoes and a bottled dressing of your choice.
>>
>>7640536
>list of ingredients to combine without any actual cooking going on
>>
>>7640572
Well that's the thing, the OP wanted simple and we don't know what kind of equipment he has or what his roommates like. The things I listed can be made generally by following the printed instructions on the boxes themselves and they can figure out how to modify it to their tastes.

There's just too many variables here to provide any specific advice.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.