[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Le nouvelle cuisine thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
What's going on with this trend? Why would anyone pay for this setting when the only and single purpose of food is to nourish? This is going too far.

source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-3573009/Baffled-diners-share-hilarious-photos-restaurant-meals-served-bricks-shopping-trolleys-PIPES.html
>>
File: cat-wants-to-eat.jpg (18 KB, 350x255) Image search: [Google]
cat-wants-to-eat.jpg
18 KB, 350x255
>>7638101
In a shoe, ffs, all is lost.

Which one would you take if you had to choose one.

I'd go for the burger and shopping trolley coldslaw.
>>
>>7638101
>only and single purpose of food is to nourish?

Why are you posting, anon, when the only and single purpose of your hands is to work to honor God?
>>
>>7638101

>the only and single purpose of food is to nourish

First of all, *slaps across the face* fuck off with that bullshit.

Secondly, you obviously have no idea what nouvelle cuisine is. It was literally a reaction to overly heavy, classical French cuisine. It emphasized light, fresh ingredients, not bogged down by heavy sauces. It was proto-spa food, which is basically another way of saying it's health food.
>>
>>7638101
tricked
>>
>>7638101

do you not like nachos or something? I mean, you're obviously poor, but poor people like nachos as much as rich people do.
>>
>>7638101

>what's the point of swimming in an ocean if you're not a fish?
>what's the point of skydiving if your only purpose is to live on the ground?

It's supposed to be an experience, believe it or not but people actually enjoy experimenting and seeing what can be achieved with food and pretty much everything else in life. Do you think the people that worked there or customers live off that food?
>>
>>7638101
I actually thought the onion rings hanging on the pipe was rather cool.
>>
this doesn't remotely approach nouvelle cuisine and these aren't posh restaurants, they're probably like corporate hotels and shit.

>Why would anyone pay for this setting when the only and single purpose of food is to nourish?

kill yourself
>>
>This Italian restaurant takes the words communal and table to the limit, with diners invited to tuck into a sharing portion of spaghetti and sauce on the bare surface

Now that can fuck right off.
>>
>>7638101
"nouvelle cuisine" started in the 70's... long time ago, and has nothing to do with this kind of "silly marketing" that some restaurants do to catch the attention of the customers
>>
>>7638101
>foodies
>making any sense ever

anon...
>>
>>7640606
The 70's nouvelle cuisine wasn't even the first nouvelle cuisine.
(It just means new cuisine in French) The first one was in the middle ages when they started using cutlery and more dishes instead of serving soups in bread.

>>7638101
La* nouvelle cuisine, female grammatical gender.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.