[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you love condiments as much as I do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: iPhoneUpload_pa8fle28m0.jpg (469 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
iPhoneUpload_pa8fle28m0.jpg
469 KB, 1200x1600
Do you love condiments as much as I do?
>>
No
I use only butter, salt and garlic
>>
No.
Condiments mean you are covering up the taste of shittily prepared food.
Learn to use spices faggot.
>>
Not really..

I try to make all my condiments fresh with the only exception being ketchup. You ain't getting any better then what they put out on the shelves, I'll tell you that much. Everything else I'll make fresh. One of my favorites being a horseradish and sorrel mustard. That crap is amazing if you coat your pork or ham in it before cooking. Would highly recommend.
>>
>>7638009
Really I find ketchup to be way to sugary I use primarily as an ingredient then a suace
Also store bought mayo beats home made imo
>>
A house full of condiments and no real food. If you don't know what you want, you end up with a lot you don't.
>>
>>7637975
Is Dijon mustard supposed to be spicy? Or whats the diff
>>
>>7638106

"Dijon" is mustard made with wine or verjuice instead of vinegar which is used for most mustards.
>>
>>7637975
No. Only soy, and Worcestershire sauce.
>>
>>7638003
Tell that to a sushi chef if he gives you wasabi.
>>
>>7638106
>>7638110
It's also much milder than English mustard.
>>
>>7637975
I bought a store brand honey mustard and it tasted like garbage.
>>
>>7637975

What a shit way of changing prices in a supermarket

Instead of just making a new paper tag advertising the sale, lets print out laminated cards that block 30% of the product

That's how regional chains like hyvee hemorrhage profits and don't survive like national chains.
>>
Why would anyone buy such a large amount of mustard... I can see restaurants buying those but that's a 2 year supply for a family in that bottle.
>>
>>7638443
I mix together honey, dijon mustard, and tumeric and it tastes great
>>
File: heinz.jpg (74 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
heinz.jpg
74 KB, 1024x768
>>7637975
>having a neighborhood cookout
>making Ball Park Flame Grilled Burgers with Kraft American Singles and Ore Ida french fries on the side
>the food's good but could use a kick
>neighbor brings over a bottle of Heinz Ketchup from his kitchen

My friends I must admit, Heinz really saved the day. There's no better addition to a cheeseburger with fries, the classic All-American meal. Made only with the freshest, juiciest tomatoes, it's no wonder Heinz is the world's favorite. Whether you're having Ball Park Flame Grilled Hamburgers, Tyson Boneless Chicken Wings or a USDA Select steak, it's the perfect addition to anything.

Grab a bottle at your nearest Safeway today. Heck, buy two and give one to a friend! They won't thank you enough.
>>
>>7639020
What? They aren't even large. And its summer, so brat season is starting
>>
>>7638484
but regional chains dominate the grocery marketplace
>>
>>7637975
I don't really know how much you like condiments, so I have no real basis to go by.
>>
>>7639449
honestly, ur a fag for typing that out but i love you
>>
>>7638003
>Learn to use spices faggot.

What do you think the mustard seed is?
>>
I mix mayo, dijon mustard, hot sauce, and worcestershire sauce into my own creation.

It's incredible.
>>
>>7640073

Okay I've been making this sauce for my burgers for the last 29 years of my life, I call it Quinky Sauce. It's just 3 parts ketchup, 2 parts Sayosauce, and 2 parts Mustard.

Anyways tonight we had burgers, and my daughter wouldn't eat my Quinky Sauce so I punished her by making her go to her room for a time out.

My wife get's all pissed at me for doing this, If my daughter doesn't want to eat the food we make in this house, why should I be the bad guy for punishing her?

I'm gonna continue making Burgers the way people in this family eats burgers, but I think maybe I could mild down my recipe a bit, I was wondering if you guy's had any recipe's or variation on Quinky Sauce that would be suitable for a child?
>>
>>7640097
Why don't you let your daughter eat what she wants instead forcing her to eat your meme sauce? I hope you are just trolling me anon
>>
>>7640104
While quinky sauce is no doubt an abomination and you're probably responding to a meme post I have to mention that just letting children eat whatever they want (with no other qualifiers) has never been a good choice.
>>
>>7637975

>do you live condiments

I am condiments OP, wherever I go people say - There he is, that's Condiment Cody, homeboy lives and breathes condiments.

I collect condiments from fast food chains and I don't even eat fast food, I just go and buy all the ketchup packets, whenever I walk into Mcdonald's the manager is always ready and rolls out a cart full of condiments just for me, he thanked me last month for helping putting together his daughters college fund. Whatever condiments you want, I have - Mayo? Damn right baby. BBQ sauce? 23 flavors on deck son. Sweet relish? Oh you best believe it, I got that shit on lock.

The names Cody, Condiment Cody. You want to throw down with condiment connoisseur, better step your game up gramps because I can drown you in ranch while feeding you tartar sauce.

I repeat - Do not fuck with me.
>>
>>7640104
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kwBZ_wqNbAI

Learn your shit newfag.
>>
>>7638484
They do that to make the items on sale stand out from the rest
>>
>>7640097
Most times that an eater don't want something, it's the cook's fault.
Did you ever consider the sauce might be too strong for her? You are USED to your own creation, and have your preferences. Also, food is not condiment or spices.
Not wanting to eat fish, for example, is one thing. Now wanting to eat fried fish is another entirely. Learn new recipes. ASK what she likes. Get her used to new tastes bit by bit.

As a kid i've only been given raw onion in salad, so i hated it. As a result, didn't eat onions for the first 20 years of my life.
After i got a cordon bleu tecniques book from my gf, i saw a french onion soup recipe and gave it a go. It was delicious. After that i started experimenting with onion, and found out i like it in a lot of ways. I sometimes even eat it raw.

>>7640152
Holy shit this guy is awful. He is overly cringy and didn't even try the sauce on a hamburger after trying it on it's own.
>>
A good mustard is a thing of beauty.
>>
File: 1385884779285.jpg (6 KB, 150x176) Image search: [Google]
1385884779285.jpg
6 KB, 150x176
>>7639449
Quality post/10
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.