[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any hot sauce that doesn't taste like vinegar?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: slide_249982_1506131_free.jpg (32 KB, 1200x872) Image search: [Google]
slide_249982_1506131_free.jpg
32 KB, 1200x872
Is there any hot sauce that doesn't taste like vinegar? I've pretty much only had this and Sriracha and I don't like either.
>>
Plenty

Texas Pete has a nice spicy tang
>>
>>7637348
Tons of them. Try the Jalapeno sauce from Hell's Kitchen if you can find 'em. That's one of my favorite non-vinegary sauces.
>>
I eat hot peppers with food.
>>
>>7637348
Pretty sure the acidity is needed to prevent them from going off, you might find reduced acidity in some if they opted for more salt but I couldn't recommend any
>>
Valentina
>>
>>7637348
What >>7637387 says is true. The vinegar helps keep it longer.
Or you could try making your own.
My room mate had some habaneros gifted to him by a friend so we cut them open and put them in a bottle a few months ago, now we use it to cook and everything's got a little kick to it.
It might not be what you're looking for, but it's an option.
>>
>>7637348
Try hot sauces from Belize or from Suriname. Those are the best IMHO. No vinegar or sometimes a tiny untasteable amount. Nice heat to spice to sweet ratio. Try Belizean heat from Marie Sharp or one of the Hot mama's. Come back to me if you are dissapoint but I already know you won't. Don't buy any of the US brands because then you can just as well eat dog shit instead.
>>
>>7637406
>put them in a bottle
I meant bottle of olive oil.
>>
Encona Hot sauce is pretty great, but I'm a Britfag so the choice is a lot more limited.
>>
>>7637421
Have you tried the Piri-piri sauce from Lidl?

It's pretty good.
>>
>>7637435
Will definitely check it out next time I'm there, cheers anon.
>>
Try looking for some hot sauces that list carrots as an ingredient. They tend to be a sweeter and it balances out the sour of the vinegar.
>>
Nando's peri peri sauce is breddy good, not even memeing. Tastes strongly of lemon and not a hint of vinegar. I use a cheap imitation brand though.
>>
File: v01a.jpg (10 KB, 146x346) Image search: [Google]
v01a.jpg
10 KB, 146x346
>>7637405
>Valentina

THIS so hard. Wonderful flavor, cheap as hell, you can get a giant bottle of it for like $2, and its at every grocery store imaginable.
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 250x188
Chinese chili oil bro.
>>
>>7637534
I really like Valentina's, and you're right, it's cheap. The Extra Hot, like in your pic, is a bit overwhelming, though. I prefer the regular.
>>
>>7637535
I make my own, thank you. No Chinaman required.
>>
Adjika is pretty hot, especially the drier, paste-like kind.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.