[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got this tin of brined white crab meat, but I have no idea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: ZXC088.jpg (48 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ZXC088.jpg
48 KB, 500x500
I got this tin of brined white crab meat, but I have no idea what to do with it.

Any ideas? I want to eat it, but I've never had crab before, even tinned, so I want to make sure I don't fuck it up.
>>
yes, you can make a great salad with tinned crab meat and artichoke:

>thinly sliced raw baby artichokes
>fresh lemon juice and zest
>crab meat
>minced garlic
>minced chives
>arugala
>olive oil
>salt and pepper
>>
>>7634454

Only that much? I can think of a meal for one.

Make a crab melt. Shallot cream cheese on foccacia, thick sliced tomato, heap on the crab, couple slices of your choice of cheese. Grill foccacia, then add ingredients; broil, then serve.

Enjoy with a salad or french fries because you're a fat fu/ck/.
>>
a summer pasta salad with some crab meat, some kind of tortellini, some kind of uh sauce thing i don't know. and maybe a little veggies that you would put in a cold/mayo salad type deal
>>
>canned crab
fucking revolting
>>
make a poor man's crab and cheese macaroni

strain the crab and then add it in to kraft dinner when you're mixing in the cheese sauce
>>
>>7634883
This. Crab meat from a can will taste like shit no matter what you do to it.
>>
File: cra.jpg (2 MB, 1955x1303) Image search: [Google]
cra.jpg
2 MB, 1955x1303
Make crab cakes!

Also ignore the people about canned crab. It's good if you pick a reasonably priced brand (ie: don't buy canned food at poundland)
>>
File: crab-rangoon-small2.jpg (227 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
crab-rangoon-small2.jpg
227 KB, 900x600
You could do some crab rangoon, assuming you're willing/able to get some wonton wrappers.
>>
>>7634454

Crab salad.

Add that to shell pasta and scallions and mix it together with mayo and dijon mustard. Then season to taste.
>>
Crab frittata.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.