[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>friend is a foodie >spent $3,000 on a set of japanese
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: jap-slicers.jpg (204 KB, 1200x624) Image search: [Google]
jap-slicers.jpg
204 KB, 1200x624
>friend is a foodie
>spent $3,000 on a set of japanese hand forged knives folded 1,000 times

Why do people do this?
>>
the /ck/ equivalent of a katana collection
>>
>>7634388
or actually now that I think about this, this is the exact same as audiophiles who spend so much money on cables, tapedecks, turntables and shit like that because they think that it offers superior audio reproduction.
>>
If you have 3000 bucks to waste that's fine I guess. You can get great knives for tenth of that or even lesser if you don't mind sharpening it in shorter intervals. It's sort of like a casual biker investing huge sums on a top notch roadracer, some people go for the best even though they usually don't need it.
>>
Japanese knives (as in hand-made by one guy in his 70s who's been doing nothing but making knives since he was 12) aren't $3000 for a set, your retard friend got ripped off.

You're a retard if you think that Japanese knives aren't superior to everything else, though.
>>
>>7634385
>foodie
You're just as much of a fag for using that term
>>
>>7634428

>being anus assaulted over the use of a word
>>
>>7634385
because they never grew up
>>
>>7634385
grorious nippon steeru forded 1000 timesu
>>
>>7634385
More folds, more flavor
>>
>>7634440
>crying like a bitch for getting called out being a faggot
>>
>>7634385
$3000? I want some dank Jap knives, but I've never heard of prices getting up into the thousands. Hundreds, sure, but $3000? Is it like ten $300 knives or something?
>>
You mean 1024 times
>>
>>7634385
>shitposting on /ck/, complaining about a person who bought some knives
Why do you care, and why are you asking us? I know why I enjoy my knives, I could tell you about those knives in the picture, or if you told me what knives your friend bought I could tell you about those, but I don't know why your friend in particular bought them.
>>
Eh, You can get a solid knife for 300ish.

Id say its worth spending the money, odds are you will use it thousands of times
>>
because they can
and they're bored
and they'll die anyway so who cares
>>
>>7634385

Wow: 3,000$ ?
Your friend could have taken up quite the hobby AND had quasi-authentic hand-forged Japanese knives for a fraction of the price, channel related.

https://www.youtube.com/user/slappybuckshot
>>
>>7634408

I have one 2,000-yen ($25 at the time) general purpose knife I bought in Sakai when I was there on vacation that is indeed my best knife, but it's no better than friends' German knives I've used.
>>
File: IMG_20160114_143213.jpg (2 MB, 3200x2368) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160114_143213.jpg
2 MB, 3200x2368
This is mine. Best knife choice I've made.
$400, but a lot of that was shipping, and shitty CAN-US currency conversion.
I use this one maybe 4-5 hours each day, out of my entire kit.
>>
If he thinks it's a huge boon to his cooking then he's a retard, he can have a decent knife for way less.
Maybe he just likes knives though?
I've spent a lot on damassed knives but theya re from my country.
>>
>>7636329
does it hurt going up your ass

especially for that long of a period of time
>>
Why is it that nice things are always a scam around here, except fancy scotch and fancy beer? What's special about those that makes you neckbeards OK with them?

I hear poorfags fapping their inner rage about how someone got "ripped off" by going to a "five star" [sic] restaurant and eating three bites (didn't happen) and drinking red wine that tastes like dyed white wine, but it's totally fine to blow $125 on a bottle of liquid smoke, E150, and ethanol. Why is this?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.