[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I FORGOT TO RINSE THE LENTILS BEFORE I COOKED THEM am I going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 0
I FORGOT TO RINSE THE LENTILS BEFORE I COOKED THEM

am I going to die ;-;
>>
what a fresh and epic thread
>>
No because the toxins in legumes are heat-labile and destroyed by boiling for a couple minutes, not by rinsing.
>>
>>7632271
kekd

you're not going to die
try to lit some of your enormous farts on fire

and remember to always soak your lentils and beans a few hours at least.
you won't have to fart that much and they cook very more evenly
>>
>>7632281
You also lose flavor. And the farts just mean that prebiotics are at work. Basically the more farts the healthier you are eating
>>
>>7632289
there is no thing like probiotics in cooked stuff
also if you cook 'em in simmering water and not heavy boiling, you won't lose any flavor
lentils always taste like lentils
>>
>>7632305
I did write prebiotics though, i.e. fiber which feeds beneficial bacteria. Legumes are rich in raffinose-series galactooligosaccharides which are responsible for the farts and have a strong positive effect on health
>>
>>7632271
Yes

>rip oppa
>>
>>7632271
>am I going to die
no. by eating unrinsed lentils, you will become immortal.
>>
did you sort them for rocks? that's more important. I got a rock from lentils once. scatter a handful of lentils on a white plate to look for rocks.
>>
>>7632271
You deserve to.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.