[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on the Cuban Sandwich?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: CubanSandwich.jpg (19 KB, 406x305) Image search: [Google]
CubanSandwich.jpg
19 KB, 406x305
Thoughts on the Cuban Sandwich?
>>
>>7631342
>Thoughts on the Cuban Sandwich?
None.
>>
>>7631342
A very good Cuban sandwich is god-tier among sandwiches in general. But a Cuban sandwich anywhere below God tier is absolute ass
>>
That retarded movie with that guy, the other guy, and the pair of tits
>>
Excellent use of leftover pork but I don't ever make pork just for a Cuban sandwich.
>>
>>7631342
Absolute dog shit sandwich for filthy mongrels.
>>
Reminds me of the movie Chef.
>>
>>7631342
I think it's on par with great sandwiches like the Reuben, banh mi and the Italian cold cut hoagie.
>>
>>7631439
It isn't.
>>
>>7631439
+1 and the donar kebab
>>
>>7631442
You've never had a good one. Done well with really soft garlic roasted pork it's easily a few steps above a chicken/meatball parm or a BLT.
>>7631445
And a felafel, for that matter.
>>
I'm sorry but a Cuban sandwich is the shit if done right
You got some roasted pork so fucking juicey and tender that it melts in your mouth with smoked honey ham of course your good ol mustard and pickle for tangy awesome flavor and a crisp toasted buttery Cuban bread wrapped in almuiam so it flat and crunchy and never burned.
It's a a godly sandwich and for you to say it's not obviously means you never had one
>>
Have you seen the movie Chef?
>>
>>7631342
It's getting into meme territory
>>
spread some mojo on the bread and put on the flat top to crisp...
>>
File: 1457911604674.jpg (45 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1457911604674.jpg
45 KB, 500x667
>>7631426

Go back to Pakistan.
>>
>>7631342
>not pressed
>no salami

fuck right off

I mean, alright, a roast pork and ham sandwich is probably pretty good. But it ain't a proper Cuban sandwich if it's not pressed on Cuban bread, and it needs salami to be authentic.

t. someone from Tampa
>>
>>7631636
Idubbz pls
>>
>>7632300
>salami

Stay in Tampa

Miami makes the best Cuban Sandwich
>>
like it better with the pickle juice but without the pickle. It throws of the texture
also fuck places that put mayo on it.
>>
>>7632328
Close, but i would have to disagree. Key West has the best. And I would know, I'm Canadian.
>>
>>7631342
S'good.
>>
>>7631342

That Chef flick is to blame right? Shit's become a (vastly overpriced) meme in these parts. Perhaps the Bahn Mi's 6 year reign of terror is over.

They're nice, but the place near me does amazing fried seafood so I don't try it too often.
>>
I live in a small town and there's a little deli that makes 10/10 Cubans.

Out of curiosity, are Cubans popular throughout the country? Practically everyone here in the Tampa area makes one.
>>
Its a shitty meme sandwich.
>>
>>7633348

we have them on our menu here in NC (texmex/bbq place). its probably the biggest ripoff/most overpriced thing you could order for what you get.

they taste alright (nothing special) but selling them for $10+ is a joke
>>
>>7635149
I'm quite sure the Cuban sandwich at a NC Tex-Mex/BBQ place is nothing special. The same is probably true abut the Tex-Mex food as well. Let me guess: the big truck from US Foods pulls up every week, delivering your cleaning supplies in the same delivery as your mostly prefab food order, half of which is going to end up in the microwave or the deep fryer.
>>
god that movie was so aweful
>>
>>7631342
never had a real one but the fake ones I make with ham and turkey are fucking 10/10
>>
>>7635250

so far off.

like 60 beers on tap + dozens more in bottles and almost all of our menu is amazing.

we smoke our own meats and grill them before serving, nothing is frozen and we make everything. we don't use a microwave for anything and the only thing that goes in the fryer are onion rings (we cut and bread them), french fries (we cut) and catfish. even our wings are smoked and grilled and never touch a fryer

our menu is pretty awesome... the cuban is just pretty fucking weak compared to the rest of it
>>
>>7635381
Good for you. I'm just bitter because the last meal I had in NC was probably the worst felafel I'd ever had, and as I was pulling out of the parking lot the US Foods truck was pulling in. I was like, "Fuck, no wonder it was so bad. I just ate a foodservice felafel."
>>
>>7632328
I was in Miami a few years ago.

Asked some random beaners where to go for lunch. They directed me to some creepy hole in the wall.

Got a Cuban, from a Cuban.

It was fucking awesome.
>>
It's good but even done very well, it's not any more delicious than a pb&j
>>
>>7636482

literally ham and cheese sandwich: The Sandwich, I don't get the hype
>>
>>7631342
wouldn't know, never been to Cuba
>>
>>7636491
no its not, its way the fuck better than that
>>
>>7636648

not really... its literally just a ham pork and cheese sammich
>>
>>7636648

>I asked for a screwdriver, but this is a vodka orange!
>>
I work at a restaurant that makes blessed cuban sandwiches
>>
They're either amazing or disgusting dry sponges. There's no in between
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.