[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chilles Rellenos/Picadillo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: PIcadillo3.jpg (149 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
PIcadillo3.jpg
149 KB, 450x338
So I wanted to make some picadillo to stuff poblanos with. Basically to make chilles rellenos. In my drunk wisdom, I had brown ground pork, ground beef, and mixed up 2 onions, bell peppers, and jalapenos each.

Then I had to attend to something else. So this mixture is sitting in my fridge until tomorrow.

Can anyone give me some suggestions as to how to make picadillo? Or at least make this mixture a bit spicier. Either way, I'm going to end up stuffing the poblanos tomorrow, frying them and making a sauce to go with it.
>>
To be clear. I browned the pork and beef and sauteed the onions and peppers. All are seasoned with S&P, and I threw some capers and oregano in the veggies because what I was reading before I had to leave said to add a little bit of that.

I've tasted the whole mixture together and it tastes good, just kinda flat.

I had a few tabs open about adding tomato paste, chicken stock, cinnamon.. those sorts of things.
>>
Bump for interest, chilies tell eon is the first thing I try at any New Mexican place.

Is your salt level okay?

When we make anything spicy, if it tastes flat, that's the first question. Salt seems to wake up the other flavors, taco meat can be spiced 9 ways from sunday, but if there isn't enough salt you don't really taste any of it.
>>
>>7630069
For what I've cooked so far? Yes, salt is fine. I mean it tastes good for what it is so far, 2 meats with the aforementioned veggies.

I just want to "make it better to stuff into these peppers.

I'm gonna go downstairs in a bit, I'll take a pic but it won't show much.
>>
>>7630026
Needs raisins, chopped hard-boiled egg, black olives, salt and pfeffer, oregano
>>
>>7630133
I bought raisins just for this. I also said I added oregano and S&P. I also already have a ton of olives.

Thank you though. I'm kind of piece mailing this.

I was planning on adding the raisins and olives tomorrow. I was more asking if the tomato/tomato paste, or stock had to be included.
>>
Cumin
>>
File: 20160502_144805-1024x576.jpg (148 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
20160502_144805-1024x576.jpg
148 KB, 1024x576
Forgot the pic last night. Here it is before I put the other stuff in it.
>>
File: 20160502_151653-1024x576.jpg (133 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
20160502_151653-1024x576.jpg
133 KB, 1024x576
And here's the finished product
>>
>>7630026
For Cuban picadillo, add green olives. And a bunch of cumin with a little bit of wine.
>>
>>7632018
This. Cuban picadillo is one of the best in my opinion.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.