[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best Chinese food delivery dish? Gonna treat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 13
File: image.jpg (127 KB, 725x652) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127 KB, 725x652
What's the best Chinese food delivery dish? Gonna treat myself to some greasy nonsense tonight.
>>
kung pao chicken
>>
The one with MSG, cornstarch, and rice.

If a place includes baby corn they get another extra 10 points.
>>
I get my Chinese to buy from the kfc across the road from me and deliver it to me.

Id recommend you do that.
>>
File: lead_large.png (248 KB, 615x447) Image search: [Google]
lead_large.png
248 KB, 615x447
If you unfold the sides of the take out box it makes a plate.
>>
>>7629425
Salt & Pepper squid
Singapore style fried vermicelli
Dry fried beef "hor-fun"
Sweet & Sour pork
Salted fish and shredded chicken fried rice (ask them to go easy on the salted fish - it's quite pungent if you're not used to it)
>>
I got cream cheese won-ton (or crab rangoon whatever the place calls it), hot and sour soup, and sesame vegetarian chicken

pretty good. should HAVE gotten real chicken though
>>
File: 1443403653231_zpsamxqunue.jpg (177 KB, 988x1400) Image search: [Google]
1443403653231_zpsamxqunue.jpg
177 KB, 988x1400
Anything spicy
>>
File: CQp3DpOWUAARRZI.jpg (56 KB, 528x960) Image search: [Google]
CQp3DpOWUAARRZI.jpg
56 KB, 528x960
A little bit of everything in a box is the answer.
>>
>>7629425
Is all chinese food the stereotypical shit you get from crappy takeout chinese restaurants? Am I missing out on any dishes you wouldn't see in your typical chinese takeout chain?
>>
Pekng Ravioli uber alles

>search your heart
>you know it to be true
>>
crispy chilli chicken
>>
>>7629694
>Is all chinese food the stereotypical shit you get from crappy takeout chinese restaurants?

90% of the dishes ITT are American with a couple of legitimate (but vastly derived) szechuan dishes thrown in.
>>
Does any1 have a infographic on chinese noodles? I always get confused as to which noodles i should get and if their sauce would be more thick then soupy. every time i order ramen they serve it in a god damn soup
>>
File: dwayne.jpg (84 KB, 799x786) Image search: [Google]
dwayne.jpg
84 KB, 799x786
>>7629649
>>
>>7629559
>eating rice on a plate

only on /ck/
>>
House spice chicken is always out of control
>>
File: Eagles.jpg (63 KB, 852x488) Image search: [Google]
Eagles.jpg
63 KB, 852x488
>>7629425
H U N A N

U

N

A

N
>>
File: 1443998068605.png (110 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1443998068605.png
110 KB, 625x626
>>7629812
>>
>>7629532
Boom get a pupu platter too the finger food is so dank. Gotta get dat fried rice too
>>
>>7629425
i used to get either sweet n sour chicken or general tso. cream cheese wontons are good too, first time I had them they had beef in them but around here i only see the ones with only cream cheese, still pretty good. fried rice is good too, fuck man i wish I could make that shit and sweet n sour chicken.
>>
>boneless spare ribs
>fried pork dumplings
>pork fried rice w/ extra egg
>egg drop soup

There you go, fampai
>>
>>7629812
>every time i order ramen they serve it in a god damn soup
>>
>>7629425
7 orders of crab rangoon
>>
>>7629425
Mongolian beef all day all night
>>
File: 126818.jpg (4 MB, 2952x5248) Image search: [Google]
126818.jpg
4 MB, 2952x5248
Maple tofu nig
>>
>implying that sesame chicken and/or general tso's chicken are not the absolute kings of mediocre Americanized Chinese food

You have all failed.
>>
File: 1447942051622.png (814 KB, 604x717) Image search: [Google]
1447942051622.png
814 KB, 604x717
>>7629975
>pupu platter
>>
I used to make Kung Pao Chicken a lot. I love those spicy chiles and those crunchy nuts and juicy chicken with the sweet and tasty sauce.
>>
>>7629671
Jesus Christ, is that French fries in a box of Chinese?
>>
>>7629941
>>7630107
Yes i realize you need hot water for noodles but i just throw that water out, the only reason its there is for the noodles to absorb the flavor from the water, once all the flavours are absorbed the water is basically essentially useless and should be treated as such. I try to order it without the piss water but every restaurant the slants give me their weird cocked eyed yes and still proceed to serve it in that soup bowl with piss water, its excruciatingly infuriating. so dont hate because i can tastes the depths and vertigals of flavours in my food. But i need a legitmate crash course in the different noodles and sauces, treat me like i am a retarded child of sorts.
>>
>>7630184
Is that northern style mapo tofu? Never seen it served like that in Hong Kong.
>>
>>7629425
Char siu & crab rangoon
>>
>>7629532
this, also beef chow fun
>>
>>7630201
This tbqh, crispy fried chicken in sweet flavorful sauce is good shit. Don't know how they make the chicken remain crunchy in the sauce, I've tried 2 or 3 different recipes for sesame chicken and it never turns out as good.
>>
>>7630208
No.
>>
>>7630225
bait/10

But I'll leave this here in case someone else is genuinely curious about ramen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfjoQ4g9TQs#t=9m15s
>>
>>7629425
salt and pepper wings
>>
>>7629425
Can't go wrong with beef and broccoli
>>
>>7630225
if this isn't bait then you need to realize that just because your ramen is the only thing in the oriental section of your local Utah supermarket doesn't mean its the only type of noodle in all of china land
>>
>>7629578
>Sweet & sour pork
>delivery

What in the jumping Jesus fuck is wrong with you? That shit will steam itself soggy before it gets out of the restaurant, much less by the time it gets to you.

Go to the fucking restaurant if you want something crispy you fucking Mongoloid retard.
>>
>>7632173
Then you should probably try to order those dishes instead of ramen. That's like trying to order chicken noodle soup without the soup. Just ask for pasta you dumbass
>>
Four Seasons. It has everythinng
>>
"house special" lo mein, idk if other places have it, but it's lo mein with every kind of protein they have
>>
>>7630201
read my post nigger

>>7630010
>>
>>7630207
Now I need to get this somewhere because that sounds delicious
>>
Moo shu pork is the god tier choice. Sweet plum sauce and salty pork in a pancake. doesnt get any better
>>
Ginger beef obviously
>>
I usually get shrimp with black bean sauce, moo goo gai pan, or egg foo young.
>>
Why is it called crab rangoon if there is no crab in it? I don't get it.
>>
>>7634573
There is supposed to be crab in it, though many places will substitute imitation crab.
>>
>>7634580
The place near me that I order from it's always just like a cheese in there. Never any crab flavor. Should I switch places then or is imitation crab hard to taste when mixed with cheese or something? I honestly don't know
>>
>>7634630

If your restaurant is putting no crab in there or so little you can't tell, then yeah, they suck. Pick a different restaurant.
>>
M A P O T O F U
A
P
O
T
O
F
U
>>
>>7634635
There is another one about the same distance but in the other direction so I will try that one this weekend and see what's up. Thanks
>>
>>7634630
That's how it's suppose to be, they mix crab or the imitation fish with this cream cheese till it takes the form of what's inside crab rangoon.

I've had real crab rangoon before you honestly can't tell the difference between fake or not
>>
>>7630208
those are chips anon

ie: thick fries or whatever you call them in the states
>>
File: thankyouenjoy2.jpg (287 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
thankyouenjoy2.jpg
287 KB, 800x533
>>7629425
Why don't oyster pails see more usage in restaurants that aren't Chinese?
>>
>>7634732
pizza doesn't fit in it too well. Neither does a cheeseburger. I could see maybe pasta shops or something maybe with spaghetti and alfredo and things like that but they like the trays better so you can sprinkle cheese on the food easier because most people are too lazy to open the oyster pail into a plate. It sure would make it easier if they did though
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.