[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHY DON'T YOU GUYS LIKE STARBUCKS??? in b4 shill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: download.png (15 KB, 223x226) Image search: [Google]
download.png
15 KB, 223x226
WHY DON'T YOU GUYS LIKE STARBUCKS???

in b4 shill
>>
it's shit
>>
>>7628478
You can literally get better coffee at a local café for $1 less.
>>
I don't like coffee and their tea is overpriced.
>>
I can make my own coffee

see: >>7628428
>>
I go there when I want a sugar bomb and there's no ice cream place nearby. I'll also stop there for a coffee when I'm on the road. Otherwise I try to avoid them.
>>
File: sumatra_wb_fy14_us.jpg (84 KB, 638x638) Image search: [Google]
sumatra_wb_fy14_us.jpg
84 KB, 638x638
>>7628478
I buy their sumatra whole bean coffee because it's the only thing my local store has

it's alright, i'm no coffee snob
>>
I am Canadian
>>
expensive as fuck, you're basically paying for the brand.

standard normie choice when you're going out for coffee with someone though
>>
>>7628478
I really prefer supporting my local shops instead, the coffee is pretty comparable anyway.

>>7628588
I dunno, their regular coffee is like $2. It's not bad but not great.
>>
>>7628478
Most brasseries will do a far better coffee.

However, if you want something that tastes of pumpkin (my favourite starbucks thing) then why not?
>>
In Germany I pay about 3€ for a 0.4l cup of coffee at a Starbucks with a 50cent refill, and in a regular café i pay 2€ for a 0.2l cup of coffee, so, yeah.
>>
I have drank coffee from about 10 "real" cafes in my life and maybe 3 of them had better espresso than starbucks. most were more expensive.
>>
I don't hate starbucks. I enjoy their frozen drinks and specialty drinks.
>>
>>7628495
This. Also listening to what basic bitches order thinking they know coffee is painful.
>3 shots skim latte with 2 pumps caramel and 1 pump chocolate with milk at 170 degrees and no foam
>>
>>7628478
>go to Starbucks for first time
>"yeah I'll have a large coffee"
>cashier guy stares at me
>"...is that all?"
>"....yes?"
>"umm alright, can I have your name?"
>"what for?"
>"so I can write it on your cup of plain coffee sir" putting extra emphasis on the "plain", in contempt
Starbucks is shit
>>
Because burnt.
>>
>>7628639
The problem is mostly the fact that you could get better coffee in the same size for like $1.50 less.

Their frappucchinos ain't too bad, though. They're not really "coffee", per se, but they taste pretty good
>>
They make delicious as fuck deserts disguised as drinks though. I get Caramel Fraps every single time.
>>
>>7629887
I don't know if this is supposed to be sarcastic or not.
>>
File: Phelps_doubt.jpg (22 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Phelps_doubt.jpg
22 KB, 640x360
>>7629887
>>
American """""""""""""""coffee""""""""""""""".
>>
>>7628586
I used to like this. It was better 15 years ago. They used to sell a medium roast mocha sanani year-round as a regular item for $17 a pound. They don't care about coffee anymore. The company grew too fast. It's mostly an upscale coffee milkshake place now. Oh well.
>>
I don't like Starbucks because I can make coffee I like at home.

I don't dislike Starbucks because it's really not important to me how other people like their coffee.
>>
Coming from a coffee autist, anyone who shits on Starbucks is either being edgy or hasn't tried a caramel "macchiato" or one of their frappuccinos. It's like heroin. Obviously don't get their drip coffee or an espresso doppio as if it was a good coffee shop, because they both taste like serious ass.

People say that their """blonde""" roasted coffees and reserve coffees are drinkable, but you should still find yourself a decent coffee shop like Stumptown if you want to have anything that isn't diabetes. Same or cheaper pricing for exponentially better coffee.
>>
>>7629954
This.
>>
>>7630402
At my university we have 5 Starbucks and one "italian" coffee shop inaccessible to pedestrians off campus.

Such is life in burgerland.
>>
>>7628891
YOU FUCKING IDIOT. YOU DIDN'T MENTION THE FUCKING CUP SIZE.
>>
Starbucks is from Seattle, a place where the water is more delicious than anywhere in the US

This put people under the impression that they make good COFFEE(which they dont), so they won a bunch of awards by serving people delicious Seattle tap, and used the ensuing notariety to open stores all over the US.
They thought the flavor would translate, it doesnt.
Lucky for them, most of the pleb towns they opened up in had never had a real Latte before, so they did well there too.

It's basically a chain reaction of stupid
>>
>>7631492
It's a given that it's a grande. Basics love grandes.
>>
>>7628478

I only drink Americano really, and they're coffee ground tastes awful. Overpriced. Always full of nu males doing nu male things
>>
>>7629887
This.
I've been to SB once. 10 mins before closing. Was the only one there
>what's your name?
>bitch please

Coffee was 6/10
>>
>>7628478
It's great for frozen drinks that are tangentially related to coffee. It's shit for actual coffee. Starbucks is a summer store, anything else is just a waste of your money
>>
File: Seattle_Supersonics_Logo.jpg (227 KB, 1365x1024) Image search: [Google]
Seattle_Supersonics_Logo.jpg
227 KB, 1365x1024
>>7628478
>WHY DON'T YOU GUYS LIKE STARBUCKS???
pic related
>>
>>7631699
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNHPPT3NTN8
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.