[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I could get Chololua, Tapatio or Crystal for my next hot sauce.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: 1458006033018.jpg (217 KB, 655x884) Image search: [Google]
1458006033018.jpg
217 KB, 655x884
I could get Chololua, Tapatio or Crystal for my next hot sauce. What are the pros and cons of each?
>>
Tapiato is the most balanced.

They're all good but; Crystal is less of a sauce, is heavy on vinegar and soaks in too quickly, and Cholula has a heat to it that pushes out the vinegar and salt.

Tapiato douses well, is hot but not at the expense of flavor, and doesn't do anything to upset or overpower the food you put it on.

I am from Texas.
>>
>>7628310
>I am from Texas.

Christ, I hate people like you. That had nothing to do with his question. OP, I like Crystal, good flavor, not as much heat as I would like though.
>>
>>7628318

It lets OP know I am not someone from the coast who only discovered cheap hot sauce when it became cool along with things like voting Democrat and bisexuality my sophomore year of college two years ago.

I have had cheap hot sauce with 75% of my meals since I was three years old.

Your Mom has good flavor. If you were a hot sauce, you'd be too salty.
>>
>>7628337
pure fremdscham
>>
>>7628350
>fremdscham

Turk.

This is a cooking board. Not a pro-immigration website.
>>
>>7628226
crystal is pretty water, weak and vinegary
I remember liking one of the Cholua ones, but not the regular flavor. A friend gave me a few different flavors and the regular was easily the worst
tapaito is okay if you just want it on tunafish on crackers
>>
>>7628226

Yes, what are you using it for?
>>
File: sam transf.png (311 KB, 581x385) Image search: [Google]
sam transf.png
311 KB, 581x385
>Chololua
+the best regular hot sauce
+garlic version is also good
-expensive

>Tapatio
+cheap
-gritty

>Crystal
+regular/classic
-too salty

Louisiana is less watery and salty than Crystal
>>
>>7628226
Pros: they're fucking hot sauce. It's cheap. You can get whatever the fuck you want, maybe even all three. You can decide what you like the best.

Cons: You made a thread about hot sauce, and now you're going to read everybody's fucking opinions which won't have any bearing on what you like to eat.
>>
>>7628226
Crystal is more flavorful, but has a different purpose than cholula and tapatio. Between cholula and tapatio i'd go with tapatio. They're very similar but tapatio is spicier and lass faggy and hipsterish since it doesn't have a wood cap.
>>
>>7628226
Cholula flows through my veins
>>
>Chololua, Tapatio
>Crystal

Crystal is a Louisiana hot sauce with a vinegary flavor. You're better off comparing it to other vinegary hot sauces that state has to offer.
>>
>>7628226
Tapatio is utter trash, so toss that one aside because it only goes with Mexican food, and Cholula takes the crown there

Crystal is God tier for non Mexican food (great with eggs, fried chicken/fish, etc)

Always keep both
>>
>>7628337
Yeah, I get it, but shut the fuck up.
>>
File: HH213[1].jpg (34 KB, 200x500) Image search: [Google]
HH213[1].jpg
34 KB, 200x500
>>7628226
I recommend El Yucateco green hot sauce. It's flavorful and packs a really mean kick. For me, the main advantage is that it doesn't have that vinegary aftertaste a lot of hot sauces have.
>>
I had Cholula after it being promoted heavily on here. It's flavourless, salty, non-spicy shit. It's made me doubt all the opinions I read on here. Either get this or just settle for some Tabasco.
>>
>>7628651
>beaner roommate's mom buys us a 3 liter glass jug of valentina
>pretty much untouched for a year
>roommate brings beaner girl over for the first time
>1/10th of the jug disappears immediately
>>
>>7628663
I love it so much, I used half of the small bottle within two days of buying it.
>>
>>7628651
this is p decent hot sauce
>>
>>7628226
>>retarded drunk guy
don't even want kids but this is retarded. there is reward for the pain of childbirth even if it is only perceived reward. try offering men 100 dollars for each kick in the nuts and I gaurentee there will be plenty of people willing to take a bit of pain for a Benjamin. if I had balls i'd do it right now. Man I'm broke.
>>
>>7628226
Why are Americans so obsessed with:
>hot sauce
>choosing brands
>>
Just get Tabasco the popular Mexican sauces are shit and for reddit
>>
>>7628827
>Why are Americans
0/10
>>
>>7628401
u just dont get it, do you
>>
>Chololua
same heat as Tapatio if not less. Doesn't really mess with flavor but there is more 'taste' to it instead of Tapatio
>Tapatio
Least overpowering, goes well with anything you'd usually use hotsauce. Does what hot sauce should do, add heat.
>Crystal
runny garbage tastes like vinegar and salt.
>>
>>7628651
Mah nigga
>>
>>7629658
No, not really. I don't think threads like this are truly ironic. I think people really are ninnies who can't take a $3 gamble and make up their own minds about something very trivial involving personal taste.
>>
>>7628226
sriracha, has a sweet taste to it with a slightly spicy after taste
>>
File: wuju.png (719 KB, 1170x1028) Image search: [Google]
wuju.png
719 KB, 1170x1028
Neither.
>>
File: Koiwai.Yotsuba.full.1086626.jpg (352 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Koiwai.Yotsuba.full.1086626.jpg
352 KB, 1280x960
>>7630419
> Sriracha

Take your bullshit garlic catsup somewhere else. It isn't a Hot sauce, it will never be a hot sauce, all it will ever be is a shit tier condiment that niggers douse on poorly cooked foods. Fuck man, fucking Heinz is better than that shit
>>
>>7628382
>expensive

How broke are you?
>>
>>7630433
what qualifies as a hot sauce to you then you brain dead shitbird?

sriracha sorta hot, and its in a sauce form. Hot, sauce.
>>
File: Smug Anime Face 17.jpg (7 KB, 196x200) Image search: [Google]
Smug Anime Face 17.jpg
7 KB, 196x200
>>7630454
Horseraddish is hot, and comes in sauce form, does that make it a hot sauce?

Spicy Mustard is Hot, and comes in Sauce form, is that too a hot sauce?

No, its a fucking condiment, And while all hot sauces are condiments, not every vaguely spicy condiment is a hot sauce.
>>
>>7628746
>being legally and financially responsible for a little shit for 18+ years is a reward
>>
>>7628337
right but being from texas does not qualify you to judge hot sauces, eating it a lot does. just say that, not "hurr im from texas"
>>
>>7628374
I always liked the green chili cholula the best. has a green cap.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.