[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What up cu/ck/s? Just picked up pic related for 5 bucks from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: IMAG2215.jpg (945 KB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2215.jpg
945 KB, 2688x1520
What up cu/ck/s?

Just picked up pic related for 5 bucks from my grocery store yesterday.

>7kg of potatoes
>3kg of butternut squash
>3kg of gem squash
>3kg of onions

I haven't got a clue what to do with all this stuff desu. I'd appreciate it if you could share some of your favorite recipes/dishes/tips and tricks.

>Trying to keep it veg btw, but I'm not opposed to meat if it won't put me in the hole (poorfag here).
>>
did they throw in a free kitten too?
>>
If you make a curry the cat might actually taste pretty good

If you find it does then you can go hunting around the neighbourhood for free meat
>>
>>7627411
Wot no meat? . . .. ah the kitten.

This is not easy to cook from OP, you are pretty much stuck with soup.
>>
>Quarter your butternut squash (BNS)
>Rub spices like black pepper, salt, paprika, cinnamon, a light sprinkling of herbs, maybe some brown sugar. garlic, etc, on the BNS
>Roast in a 400° oven until tender
>Take some ground sausage or bacon and cook it in a pan until almost completely done
>Take some bell peppers (red and orange specifically if you have them), dice them up, char them in a hot pan with the left over fat from the meat(but dont burn them or over cook them)
>Dice up some veggies like yellow onion, celery maybe, parsnips if you like them (roast the parsnips as well), or whatever else you like
>Blend the BNS with some water or chicken stock until very smooth, also had a little heavy cream if you'd like
>Then add the rest of the stuff (meat/veggies), and bring the soup to a simmer
>Cook until done and serve

It's a quick, easy, tasty dish I like to make.
>>
Are vegetables all you have? Do you have spices, flour, rice, etc? It's not like soup is the only thing you could do. You could do stir fries and eat that with rice, stir fried noodles, or you can make rotis or hash browns with the potatoes. You could make thick stews or curries and eat that with mashed potatoes or rice.
>>
Have spices, flour, rice, etc.

Sorry, brehz. Don't post here, so excuse me if I'm not following the rules. Just want to use these as the main ingredients and I don't mind supplementing them with other veggies.
>>
roasted veg can be decent... cube and season s&p, cumin and tumeric is nice... serve with bit of rice or something.

soup with the other 2/3...
butternut squash soup... some milk into it. creamy and good. roast the seeds seperately for a few mins at 250 after washing and serve on top or on the side
>>
>>7627411
Why the fuck is the cat on the fucking counter and why the FUCK are you feeding it up there....

You people are fucking disgusting
>>
>>7627411
Cute kitten, OP
>>
juist make fries out of the potatoes instead of into soup btw...
>>
>why i don't eat at places with cats

fucking rotten
>>
>>7627757
So much this.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.