[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I used to work at a Quizno's where the owner used to make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7
File: 1401202704246.jpg (25 KB, 460x310) Image search: [Google]
1401202704246.jpg
25 KB, 460x310
I used to work at a Quizno's where the owner used to make me pick the used plastic cutlery out of the trash, soak it in the sink with the dishes, and then give it to customers to reuse. You know why I did it? Because a lot of shitheads don't think I deserve more than $7.00 per hour. Well you know what they say, you get what you pay for.
>>
>>7625946
>I deserve

There's that phrase again.
>>
>>7625946
I'd tell the owner to buy some fucking silver wear. its fucking wallmart tier cheap if hes too much of a jew to keep with the disposable shit.
>>
>>7625961
Don't get me wrong, I am a libertarian. I was getting paid $7.00, so I did $7.00 worth of work. Fair enough, right?
>>
>>7625965

YOU'RE STUPID AND DON'T UNDERSTAND LIFE.

YOU DON'T GO TO WORK AT COSTCOS FOR A PAYCHECK. YOU GO TO WORK AT COSTCOS TO PUT THINGS ON SHELFS OR RING PEOPLE UP OR CLEAN. WHY? BECAUSE IT NEEDS TO BE DONE.

THAT'S why YOU WORK. YOU DO REQUIRE COMPENSATION FOR YOUR WORK. BECAUSE THATS FAIR. AND YOU CAN NEGOTIATE YOUR WAGES TO COME TO AN ARRANGEMENT YOU AND YOUR EMPLOYER CAN AGREE ON.

BUT WITH YOUR ATTITUDE, THERE'S NO REASON TO EVER PAY YOU MORE. YOU DON'T TAKE ON MORE RESPONSIBILITY. YOU DON'T MAKE YOURSELF VALUABLE. YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR JOB. AND THAT'S WHY YOU'RE GOING TO WORK THERE FOREVER, AND WHY OTHER PEOPLE WILL MOVE ON UP THE RANKS, AND GET BETTER JOBS THAT MAKE MORE MONEY, WHILE YOU JUST BITTERLY WEEP AND ASSUME THEY WERE LUCKY.
>>
>>7625983
I READ QUIZNOS AS COSTCO'S SORRY.

YOU DON'T GO TO WORK AT QUIZNOS FOR A CHECK. YOU GO TO WORK AT QUIZNOS TO MAKE SUBS FOR PEOPLE.

UNDERSTAND AND ADOPT THAT ATTITUDE AND YOU CAN GO ANYWHERE AND DO ANYTHING.

I USED TO WORK AT SUBWAY. NOW I'M AN INSTRUCTOR FOR THE CARPENTERS UNION TEACHING PECKERHEADS NOT TO CUT THEIR HAND OFF. I MAKE 34 DOLLARS AN HOUR WITH UNION BENEFITS. WHY ARE YOU STILL MAKING 7 AND I'M MAKING IN ONE DAY WHAT YOU MAKE IN A WEEK? BECAUSE OF MY ATTITUDE.
>>
>>7625965
I think you've confused cause & effect. You were offered X amount of work for Y wage. You accepted. As a libertardian you must understand that you didn't have to accept that contract?
>>
>>7625988
Union jobs are for whiny lazy entitled cunts.
>>
>>7625991
I may be a libertarian, but I still need to eat. The only unskilled labor jobs available, largely, are service jobs like mine. The market has deemed these jobs to be worth $7.00 an hour. I have no problem feeding greedy people their own hepatitis; if they thought of me as a human being, I might return the favor and tell my boss that what he's doing is wrong. He would fire me and I would look for another job. Alas, people think I am subhuman, so I feed them their own filth.
>>
>>7625946
If you work at a chain fastfood place you DESERVE less than minimum wage. You are a subhuman working a job for the lowest common denominator catering to the lowest common denominator. A LITERALLY retarded person could do your job, you are replaceable, and it requires no skill.
>>
>>7626006
Do you have any kids? Where do you live? I could be in your city and your little daughter might go to my restaurant and feast on some delicious salads with healthy [unwashed] vaggies, using a plastic fork that the homeless guy panhandling down the street used before, that was soaked in a sink filled with dirty water.
>>
i worked at quizno's in 1998 and got paid $7.15 an hour. when the fuck did u work there?
>>
>>7626000

enjoy being poor. i have a real trade skill that i worked for years to develop. maybe if you had any skill or talent, you could actually negotiate wages too. but alas you are worthless.

also, you couldn't last two hours on a jobsite with me.

also, enjoy your mexican built homes, stapled together scrap wood piles of shit that i then get paid to repair. heh.
>>
>>7626005
>I may be a libertarian, but I still need to eat

Ah, the call of the teenage Libertardian. Welcome to reality. Please enjoy your ideological purity.
>>
File: Roasted-Garlic-2.jpg (298 KB, 585x361) Image search: [Google]
Roasted-Garlic-2.jpg
298 KB, 585x361
>cut of top of garlic bulb
>drizzle olive oil, cracked pepper, and sea salt
>roast in oven
>just eat it with a fork, or save it to put on pizza
>pure fucking bliss

What's your go to deliciousness, /ck/?
>>
File: 1461301634237.jpg (5 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
1461301634237.jpg
5 KB, 210x240
>>7626051
Nice job retard
>>
>>7626051
Good stuff!
>>
>>7626068
>>7626073

the thread would have probably died in obscurity, like everything else in my pathetic life
>>
>>7625983

People who are unskilled workers essentially cannot negoiate thier wages and working conditions. It's minimum wage take it or leave it. As a Union man you should know that.

What he should do is get training or education.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1118x1414) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1118x1414
>>
>>7626087
>What he should do is get training or education.
Take on student debt for a slim chance to break into an oversaturated job market? Great advice!
>>
>>7625983
>>7625988
>tripfag
>cruise control
get the fuck out, good god
>>
>>7625946
But the customers have no bearing about how much you are paid. I good "libertarian" should now that the free market naturally gives people wage equal to their marginal utility. Without minimum wage laws, you'd be paid even less, because apparently you're marginal utility is so low that the government needs to force people to pay employees a minimum salary
>>
>>7625946
>A poor libertarian

Look at him Billy! Look at OP and laugh.
>>
>>7626126

You need to expand your horizons. Plenty of apprenticeships in a wide variety of skilled trades that pay you while you learn. Military more paid training.
>>
>>7626045
Lol got him. Also an Nvidia shill.
>>
>>7625946
You know if you cleaned them it's really not a big deal. Why does it matter if they're plastic but not if they're metal?
>>
>>7626126
Yeah why bother? Just go on welfare and blame others for your uselessness.
>>
>>7625946
>things that never happened
>>
>>7626087

WELL NEGOTIATING IMPLIES YOU HAVE SOMETHING OF VALUE

TRUTH IS MINIMUM WAGE WORKERS ARE ACTUALLY ON WELFARE. THEIR JOBS ARE CHARITY. I WITNESSED THE AUTOMATION OF A ENTIRE WAREHOUSE ONCE. FROM 30 PEOPLE, TO 4 TECHNICIANS, AND THE WAREHOUSE WAS MORE EFFICIENT WITH LESS ERRORS - AND ALTHOUGH THERE WAS A COST, IT IS FAR CHEAPER. AND LESS OF A HEADACHE.

KEEP THAT IN MIND, WHEN THROWING A TANTRUM THAT YOUR WORTHLESS ASS ISN'T RICH - YOU'RE ALREADY A CHARITY CASE.

>>7626161

THIS IS FOREVER
>>
>>7626511
>KEEP THAT IN MIND, WHEN THROWING A TANTRUM THAT YOUR WORTHLESS ASS ISN'T RICH - YOU'RE ALREADY A CHARITY CASE.

I'm so glad I invested in Amazon after they bought that industrial robot firm and turned it into Amazon Robotics. Their stock just went up 10% after last quarters earnings report. Switching their warehouses to industrial robots for sorting is one of the best things these assholes could have done in this economic climate.
>>
>>7626530

IT IS TRULY THE WAY OF THE FUTURE AND I AM PLEASED TO REPORT THAT NVIDIA QUADRO CARDS ARE BEING UTILIZED IN IMAGE RECOGNITION TECHNOLOGY FOR SUCH TECHNOLOGIES, IN ORDER TO FACILITATE THINGS SUCH AS DETECTING THE ORIENTATION OF PRODUCT ON CONVEYORS, MAKING SURE PALLETS ARE SECURELY PLACED ON RACKS, AND IDENTIFYING COUNTS.

THERE'S NO REASON FOR ANYONE MINIMUM WAGE JOB TO EXIST. IT'S ALL BUSYWORK FOR THE SAKE OF BUSYWORK, PEOPLE DOING STUPID COUNTERPRODUCTIVE JOBS THEY HATE WHEN THEY COULD BE REPLACED BY MACHINES AND THE TOTAL WORK REQUIRED TO BE DONE BY EVERYONE ON A GIVEN DAY REDUCED DRASTICALLY.

AT THIS POINT THE ONUS MIGHT BE ON BUSINESS TO IMPLEMENT BASIC INCOME AND JUST TELL PEOPLE TO GO HOME, SMOKE WEED, WE'RE STERILIZING YOU AND FUCK OFF, HERE'S SOME MONEY, GET LOST.

EVENTUALLY EARTH WILL HAVE ONLY ONE CITY.
>>
>>7626569
>Workers complain about conditions in Amazon warehouse
>"Good news everybody! You don't have to worry about horrible working conditions and low wages anymore!"

...because 80% of you are being laid off and replaced by machines.
>>
>pick the used plastic cutlery
>give it to customers

>using unwrapped plastic cutlery

Yeah, nah.

Why shouldn't we start a trend of destroying it after usage? E.g. like the spork fights we did in middle school.
>>
>>7626579
I've never see wrapped cutlery except on airplanes or at catered parties.
>>
>>7626051
How long did you put it in the oven for, and at what temp?
>>
>>7626579
In India it's recommended by local authorities that you crush or destroy plastic bottles after use, or else the locals will scavenge the bottles to refill and resell.
>>
>>7626644
>POO
>>
I used to work at a KFC doing assistant manager work but getting paid $8.00 while digging through the trash if the newfag fucked up and threw away the scrapper and worked 16 hour days because some teenage fucks don't care if they skipped work

I quite that shit job and will never go back to fast food again
>>
>>7626653
Yeah one poor guy in my tour accidentally drank from a refilled bottle of water. He literally shat himself on the bus after drinking the bottled "water."
>>
>>7625946
People are generally kind of awful, and especially people who eat fast food, so I hope your story is true. But I don't think it is.
>>
File: 1394556147922.gif (1024 KB, 257x199) Image search: [Google]
1394556147922.gif
1024 KB, 257x199
>>7626251
>he doesn't think fastfood chains are this cheap
nigga at pizza hut when I was 15 my manager made me take the waste that gets wiped into the drawers under the make table and use it on super supreme pizzas to save him money
>>
>>7626625

Literally every eatery in the town where I live either has packaged plastic utensils or actual metal silverware.

Most have both.
>>
>>7626695
>"eatery"
Well I don't live in a rich neighborhood so I don't really know.
>>
>>7626695
>trusting niggers with silverware
they're like fucking ravens they will take that shit
>>
>>7626091
whats that from? curious is all.
>>
>>7626721
The prophet by Khalil ghibran

But that was written more than 100 years ago when greater work was needed to survive, so its not really applicable to op
>>
File: 1460533169832.jpg (41 KB, 401x457) Image search: [Google]
1460533169832.jpg
41 KB, 401x457
>>7625946
Actually, OP, you're the better kind of wage slave. Seriously, if anyone here has a fast food job and actually enjoys it, you should kill yourself because you're a complete idiot
>>
>>7626730
Yeah don't forget that back in the day your profession was sometimes tied to you last name. hence surnames like 'Smith' or 'Carpenter'.
>>
>>7626709
>living in nigger infested third world countries
>>
>>7626194
>plenty of apprenticeships
citation needed
>military
yea, just sell your body to the state and kill people if you wanna make more than 7 bucks an hour, solid advice
>>
>>7625946
>Quiznos
>cutlery

bullshit story detected, what fast food sandwich place has fucking cutlery? UNWRAPPED cutler at that
>>
>>7627118
Yeah because all the military does is kill people. You fucking dumbass I fixed jet engines for 5 years and then was paid to go to college for 4 years. I have a degree in Electrical Engineering and make $80k per year. My parents never went to college. My dad is a plumber.
>>
>>7627160
Listen, Sparky, I am happy for you. Really. But you will always be a Sparky... Better than fishing condoms out of toilets like daddy, I guess.
>>
>>7625946
Good. You should always do what your boss tells you to do. Good employee.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.