[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are yall onto this Peapod grocery delivery service? It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1461976618408.jpg (75 KB, 908x960) Image search: [Google]
1461976618408.jpg
75 KB, 908x960
Are yall onto this Peapod grocery delivery service? It's done by Stop n Shop. I started using it like a year ago. I live in a semi-rural area and don't have a car, so I get them delivered. It's like six bucks a delivery, no limit on the amount you can buy at a time. The driver even carries the groceries into my kitchen. Plus if anything is bad or broken, you can get a refund no questions asked. Not a shill, just wanted to share the joy, it's super convenient.
>>
bump for awareness
>>
>>7624783
Welcome to what britain's been doing for nearly two decades now.
>>
>>7625124

Except that Peapod is strictly a grocery deliver service. Our grocers don't have fleets of delivery vehicles that carry their own groceries to customers.
>>
>>7625124
omg that's so cool i had no idea. is that how most people shop there?

>>7625133
what's the difference between the service provided?
>>
>>7624783
They have two pretty popular services in Japan. I tried to use it but even though they were pretty competitively priced with grocery stores it just didn't make sense to pay the little bit of extra money when there were 3 grocery stores with a 10 minute walk of my apartment.
>>
>>7625133
I'm not sure what sort of distinction you're trying to make.

UK: Order groceries, get them delivered.
USA: Order groceries, get them delivered.
>>
>>7625173
>is that how most people shop there?

Not most people but a decent amount.

http://www.igd.com/Research/Shopper-Insight/The-growth-potential-of-online-grocery/

>Our latest ShopperVista data shows that 27% of British shoppers claim to shop online for their groceries monthly
>>
>>7625180
Grocery store delivery has been around a long time in the US too, you just could only get it in places where people actually live:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erm7QDCl-3s
>>
>>7625188
Sure. I guess the difference is that online grocery shopping/delivery has grown quickly enough to a large enough market that the major supermarkets cover pretty much all of the UK now, so we don't need something like PeaPod to cover the areas not well covered by the big names.
>>
I use Amazon fresh. It's super convenient and fair price.
>>
>>7625179
Makes sense. I'd rather go to the store too. It's nice to hand-pick the item you want, check for quality and get the best looking one. I'd have to take a bus to get to the store, and then carry all of my groceries back with me. Kind of a pain to do that every week, so I pay the extra $6 once a month. I buy some veggies from the farmers market each week.

>>7625187
Wow that's so interesting. I don't think peapod is very popular here, I am the only person I know who uses it. I think it's more popular with the elderly.
>>
File: niggaseel.jpg (30 KB, 550x412) Image search: [Google]
niggaseel.jpg
30 KB, 550x412
>>7624783
I live in the US and my local grocery store started doing this last year. Since im a drunk with DUI's I dont drive either. Spend over $100 and its free delivery. Fucking love it.
>>
>>7625206
get a lawnmower kek

i sometimes see old men in AL driving them to the grocery/liquor store
>>
File: 1424119309955.gif (2 MB, 220x165) Image search: [Google]
1424119309955.gif
2 MB, 220x165
>>7625259
Tiptopkek
>TFW better start saving up for a riding mower
>>
>>7625677
I'm excited for you lmao
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.