[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ground beef - Low Carb
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 194x145) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 194x145
I have two pounds (about 1kg) of good ground beef from out local butcher 25\75 IIRC. It had been frozen, the wife pulled it out last night but did not use it.

It needs to be used today. She has been trying to stay fairly low carb.

I need recipe ideas other than meatloaf, taco meat, meatballs, burgers, or stuffed peppers.

Pantry and fridge are full, and I have to go out today anyway so other ingredients are pretty openly available.

Help, want to make something interesting, but coming up blank.
>>
I'd make autumn soup even if it's not the season for it.

If not for the carb crap I'd have said meaty macaroni.
>>
>>7624617
>25\75 IIRC
Wut mean?

Make a big pan of tomato sauce with meat balls
>>
>>7624617

No ideas really, but keep in mind that "trying to go to go relatively low carb" isn't going to be helpful if she's going low carb like three days in a row, and then tossing in a cheat day where she eats a whole bunch of bread. She has to stick to it, which "relatively" makes me assume she's not. It doesn't operate like a normal low calorie diet.
>>
Meatloaf, tacos, meatballs, and burgers can all be made low-carb if you just buy the right bread products or use less of them. Stuffed peppers are automatically low-carb. So I'm hoping thats not your reason for not wanting to make these things.

Just make some kind of soup like >>7624623 suggested I guess.

Carbs don't even matter anyways, the only thing that matters is calories. You and your wife sound like silly people.
>>
>>7624635
I assume he's referring to the fat percentage, though 25% is a lot.
>>
>>7624617
Chili
>>
>>7624665
For real.
>93% lean master race
>>
25/75 is a fat to meat ratio...

20/80 would be fairly lean, good for like meatballs. 30/70 would give you more fat for like juicy burgers on the grill.

By fairly low carb I mean she is not a nazi about avoiding them, just cutting back severely, she will allow a little bit of carbs through in a day, the equivalent of like half a potato or a slice of bread. No cheat days, but she isn't picking the three croutons out of her salad either.

As for my exclusions, those are things we make fairly often, I'm looking for new ideas.
>>
>>7624684

Half a potato is nearly 20 carbs. A slice of normal bread is 15. If she's doing that she may as well not be trying, is my point. It's not doing her any favors.

You guys can do whatever you want but this sounds just like the women who are in my office that do this shit and wonder why they're not losing any weight.
>>
Is this /fit or /ck?

I'm not looking for an argument about bloody fad diets and if they work or not.

I'm looking for recipe ideas to use this ground beef.

I gave up trying to get women to think rationally a couple decades ago. She want to be "low carb", whatever... Gives me an excuse to try new recipes.
>>
>>7624826
want that soup recipe?
>>
You asked for no burgers, but I've been using 25% ground beef to make items on this menu for a while and they're still fucking delicious

http://www.beneboy.com/mcmenu.pdf
>>
>>7624677
>> dry meat master race

Ok, I would use 10/90 in something like stuffed peppers where the other ingredients are adding a lot of liquid, or on like a meat sauce where you would brown the meat and drain off the fat anyway, but really lean meat is not the best for all applications.

I'll probably just end up grilling it into burgers, that's what I had originally bought it for, was just hoping to be a little more creative with it.

The autumn stew does not sound bad, but we made shepard's pie with some lamb last week, and it's pretty similar.

I always considered ground beef to be such a versatile ingredient, not sure why I'm drawing such a blank.
>>
>>7624832
I googled it and read a few when you suggested it above, it is on my "to make" list, but I'll save it for non-ground beef, I think the texture will be better.

Thanks for the suggestion.
>>
File: image.jpg (202 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
202 KB, 683x1024
Considering this.
Seems a little meh, but not really finding as much variety as I had expected.
>>
>>7624617
I know it's close-ish to stuffed peppers, but cabbage wraps. Prepare the hamburger however you want with whatever you want and wrap that shit in cabbage.

Otherwise a mix of shredded cabbage, ground beef, onions, salt, pepper, cider vinegar, etc. and saute it for awhile is always really tasty. Make it a soup with addition of stock if you like (cabbage in soup is godly, so hamburger cabbage soup would be good).

So yeah, hamburger vegetable soup is another option, but I always think a little tomato goes a long way with this if she can it in her low-carb plan... half beef stock/half tomato juice, or if that's too much then just throw in some chopped tomatoes or a can of petite diced tomatoes if you're lazy.

I'd eat the fuck out of a taco salad any day of the week, too, but that's just me. Oh, make some kind of taco soup! That sounds like a crock-pot nightmare that has a recipe floating around somewhere for it. Probably wouldn't be good without tortillas, though, but at least cheese (you know whatever bad "taco soup" recipe is floating around out there contains cheese) is low carb.

I've done low carb before, and cruciferous vegetables are your very best friends, as well as nuts. Get to know cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, and kale like they are your very best friends. You can make a creamed spinach that's low carb with just wilting spinach and a soft cheese together (laughing cow light wedges if you're lazy and counting calories). I keep seeing recipes for "cauliflower rice" where you basically have finely chopped/ground cauliflower that you can treat like rice, and you could make a cauliflower rice/ground beef saute like fried rice or something. Pesto is low-carb. Anyways, that's all I got for right now. Good luck.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.