[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When's the last time you had some nice satisfying pierogi?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: eat.jpg (270 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
eat.jpg
270 KB, 1200x1600
When's the last time you had some nice satisfying pierogi?
>>
Never. I should keep my eyes open for it, but I don't expect to come across it soon.
>>
>>7624023
literal sogwich
>>
>>7624023
never, I hate pierogi
>>
File: Blueberry-peroghies.jpg (44 KB, 585x390) Image search: [Google]
Blueberry-peroghies.jpg
44 KB, 585x390
You just gotta make your own, they're damn good. The magical part is that you can load them with anything and cook them in different ways (loading them with blueberries and frying or deep drying is perfect btw).
>>
>literally one pierog in a box

God that triggers me. My mother and grandmother make like a hundred at a time and I'd eat like 20 in a sitting. My favorite are just simple russian (ruskie) with butter and salt, maybe some fried onion with bacon as well. Also, I fucking love left over pierogi fried on a skillet. The crunchiness is just as good as the softness.
>>
>not pan frying that pierogi to a crisp
1/10 would jihad
>>
A puppy dies every time you post pierogis that arent browned and crispy
>>
never heard of it desu
>>
>>7625472
>>7625481

There are different ways to prepare pierogi. Some are crisp others are not.
>>
>>7625482
It's a Polish/slavic dumpling, usually boiled.
>>
Last month I think
>>
File: rog.jpg (1 MB, 3178x2795) Image search: [Google]
rog.jpg
1 MB, 3178x2795
anyone else like to bake their pierogi? Instead of dirtying a boiling pot and a frying pan, you just lay them on some aluminium foil and they get puffed and crispy. You can throw a bunch of sliced onions on there too. it's great.
>>
I've had frozen perogis and I must say I'm not really too impressed with it

It was cheese, potato and onion and man its pretty plain to be honest compared to Chink dumplings

It needs meat, that or I just had bad perogis
>>
>>7626866

You had fucking frozen pierogi. What the fuck do you expect. Its like judging pizza when you've only ever had frozen pizza.
>>
Polack here. Usually a family member makes them on the holidays. They are easy to make but because people eat them faster than you can make them most families only save it for a special occasion. They freeze really nice so i like to make a fuckload of them and save them for myself. I make half kraut, half beef, and half cheese and freeze them for an easy meal. Usually fried up with some onions or if im lazy just boiled. My grandma used to put leftover pierogi in white borscht as a filler and we really liked that.

Well i know what im doing on sunday, making a fuckload of these damn things and keeping them all to myself.
>>
Do these count?

if not then I've never had pierogi.
>>
>>7626989

I have a Polish coworker that's similarly possessive about pierogi that he and his mom make. Other foods he has no problem sharing but pierogi he never brings except to potlucks, and he's not even doing that anymore.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.