[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want some of this Rock Candy stuff
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: 0e8bdbdcd6fbc590.jpg (57 KB, 640x380) Image search: [Google]
0e8bdbdcd6fbc590.jpg
57 KB, 640x380
All my life I have heard of the existence of Rock Candy namely in Children's Cartoon's. Where the fuck do you find Rock Candy?

Does it taste good?
>>
>>7623895

It tastes like flavored hard sugar (which it is).

Whether it tastes good or not depends entirely on what flavors are in it.
>>
>>7623896

This shit looks like it would destroy your teeth.

Don't nerds technically classify as Rock Candy? Nerds look like little pebbles.
>>
>>7623897

Technically.
I think Jolly Ranchers (I'm not American) are technically rock candy as well.
Boiled Lollies are the same thing, if you've had those.
>>
>>7623899

Fuck me I ran out of Jolly Ranchers today. I still want some of this Rock Candy stuff I never see this shit in any supermarket
>>
File: IMG_4506.jpg (87 KB, 519x389) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4506.jpg
87 KB, 519x389
You find it in literally any candy store.
Like where else would you expect?

If you really can't find any it's not even hard to make, just boil entirely too much sugar and let it crystallize on a string or a stick or whatever.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 4416x3312) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 4416x3312
>>7623918
Do this OP, it's cool to see it gradually grow.
>>
>>7623899
>Boiled Lollies
>(I'm not American)
yes we know.
>>
Damn nigger just order some off amazon. I've only ever had them on a stick btw. I imagine that's much better than loose rock candy.
>>
I always liked getting it as a kid, just because it looked cool as fuck. But it really doesn't taste that great. And you have to suck on it ever harder than a loli, which is annoying.
>>
>>7623895
It is literally just sugar and food colouring. If you want some rock candy, just eat a teaspoon of sugar, or ten.
>>
>>7624067
>And you have to suck on it even harder than a loli
>even harder than a loli
>a loli
/v/ is that you?
>>
File: crystals.jpg (39 KB, 508x594) Image search: [Google]
crystals.jpg
39 KB, 508x594
Just replace the rock with a sugar cube
>>
File: Untitled.png (20 KB, 1032x774) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
20 KB, 1032x774
>>7623918
this. Heat up water and add shit tons of sugar to it, pour it in to a cup or jar of some type and tie a string to a stick and hang it into the water. It will stick and crystallize onto the string. That's literally how it's made. You can add food coloring or kool aid type flavoring also to change it up a little.
>>
>>7623895
that's crystal meth tho
>>
>>7623897
Crystallized sugar is not that strong, you can bite down on it and split its structural weak points without much trouble. Even for the nice solid chunks, a bit of saliva will soften it up because it's still the same sugar you keep in the cabinet.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.