[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What kind of bottles are you working on now, anons? Kind of basic,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: Glenlivet+12.jpg (626 KB, 1000x1312) Image search: [Google]
Glenlivet+12.jpg
626 KB, 1000x1312
What kind of bottles are you working on now, anons? Kind of basic, but I've got a bottle of Glenlivet 12 and another of Knob Creek Straight.
>>
johnnie walker green is back for a limited time

it's the only johnnie walker worth drinking because it is a blend of single malts only, like monkey shoulder. no caramel or eau de vie like all other blended whisky.
>>
The Glenfiddich 12 was underwhelming, is Glenlivet any better?
>>
>>7623880
I'm quite fond of it, but I also enjoy Glenfiddich 12 as well. What did you find underwhelming about Glenfiddich?
>>
>>7623880
>>7624878
Though I suppose that didn't actually answer your question. Yes, I find Glenlivet to be better.
>>
>>7623588
Bought a bottle of MacAllen Amber

Pretty good, liked it more than Ardbeg which i drank some time ago

Also better than Jura
>>
File: glenmorangie.jpg (383 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
glenmorangie.jpg
383 KB, 900x1200
>>7623588
>>
File: 20160430_203850.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160430_203850.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
Got this as a present. Breddy gud desu
>>
>>7624941
Jura seems to get a lot of flack, being weak and rough at the same time while playing on exciting words and dumb myths.
>>
File: Chartreuse-bottle.jpg (60 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
Chartreuse-bottle.jpg
60 KB, 480x640
this shit is what a stamina potion probably tastes like
>>
I got some Grant's for tonight.
>>
>>7624963
this is some seriously good shit right here.
>>
File: Distillers.png (502 KB, 335x1224) Image search: [Google]
Distillers.png
502 KB, 335x1224
>>7623588
This complete unknown cheap scotch showed up at the corner store so I picked up a bottle. Prior to this I scored a bottle of Grant's, only one left on the shelf, which was really good. I still have a dram left of that. I'm saving it because it's better than this new stuff, plus the store has no more Grant's.
>>
>>7625753
I mean Grant's is better. Don't bother trying this shit, I just bought it because it's cheap and I'm outside the country so the normal stuff is expensive.
>>
>>7623588
That's my fave, the one that got me into Scotch. I bought my dad a bottle of 18 but I like 12 better. It's rounder, has more body.
>>
File: lrgob.10yov1.jpg (123 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
lrgob.10yov1.jpg
123 KB, 540x720
Too fucking drinkable
>>
>>7623588
"working on"? You're such a pretentious fag. I just buy the thing and drink it. I bet you people also drink "beer" with less than 5% alcohol. Stupid hipster fags.
>>
>>7624998
Glen Grant makes some fine single malts. Not my favorite, but one of the few I have no complaints about at all.
>>
Birthday coming up and ive asked for Blantons, Old Grandad and Elijah Craig

Currently drinking a Glenkichie, seriously good shit
>>
>>7626707
What's a good Islay to start with? Tried Bowmore, but I couldn't tell if it was because Bowmore is shit or if I just don't like Islays in general.
>>
>>7626713
Just beat yourself in the head with a hammer, m8, you'll get the same result you're obviously trying for.
>>
>drinking liquor

Enjoy your empty calories, faggots
>>
>>7626723
I do like me some Glenkinchie. Too bad finding Lowlands stuff is like finding hen's teeth.
>>
>>7626733
Stupid poser fedora faggot people drink to get drunk, not to show off how sophisticated they are.
>>
>>7626740
Then why do you even feel the need to render an opinion on whisky? Look, I've found the perfect stuff for you, it'll get you drunk quick at a minimum of cost. http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/product/sial/459844?lang=en&region=US
>>
>>7626755
Please give tasting notes on that fine bottle.
>>
>>7626729
Leapfrog is a basic Islay.
>>
Knob Creek
Ardbeg Uepraighskfbeb(whatever it is) Islay Scotch
Mclallen 10 for a sweeter, oily Single Malt
last bit of Woodford Reserve(wouldn't get again)
A local Distillery's award winning Gin.

If an alcohol isn't good neat, then there's no reason to drink it myself. I'll give cheaper stuff to friends.
>>
>>7625084
its definitely not worth the money

>>7624998
absolutely the best whiskey in its price class
>>
>>7627084
Rather harsh on the nose, with mild hints of acetone and isopropanol.
Also rather harsh on the palate, though I was able to detect a bit of something resembling benzene.
No idea about the finish, since my mouth was so dried out that I could no longer taste anything.

I would recommend using it in a cocktail, perhaps with a bit of rhodium chloride and triphenyl phosphine to make a fine Wilkinson's Catalyst.
>>
I have a Grant's, a Tullamore Dew and 25 half-liters from a private cask of Mackmyra.
>>
Poland Spring. got two handles cuz I lost one for a while.

also half a bottle of Jose I stole from my gf(replaced it but still have the half joint)

i fucking hate tequila
>>
>>7623588
I just killed a Laphroaig 10-year.

First glass kicked my ass, but I was really enjoying it by the last and I am now sad the bottle is gone; doubly so since I only bought it two weeks ago and it was like $90CAD.

I can't justify regularly dropping that much on booze.
>>
Like others in the thread, I've got a Laphroaig 10.
I was given it as a gift. I'm pretty new to whisky. I really like the mouth taste, but how do I deal with the alcohol burn going down the throat? Is it something you get used to? I'm drinking it neat by the way.
>>
>>7630276
Try with a little ice - much better that way imo
>>
>>7630388
I have tried it like that with other (worse) whiskies and it is much more tolerable. Hopefully doesn't ruin the taste.
>>
File: four-roses-small-batch.jpg (58 KB, 324x446) Image search: [Google]
four-roses-small-batch.jpg
58 KB, 324x446
i am really enjoying this.
>>
>>7630276
Just a little bit of water decreases the alcohol burn and makes it develop new flavours.
It is the proper way to drink whisky.

>>7630388
This on the other hand is top plebeian.
The cold numbs the flavour and the ice waters it out way too much.
>>
>>7625084

Depends which one you get.

Origin is rubbish, superstition is decent, Elixer is good, and Prophecy is very good.
>>
>>7626707

I picked up a bottle of that for £20 in Costco, looking forward to opening it this weekend.

It is a really good whisky, one of my all time favourites.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.