[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Growing up my dad thought Friday's was fine dining.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (6 KB, 272x185) Image search: [Google]
image.png
6 KB, 272x185
Growing up my dad thought Friday's was fine dining.
>>
fridays used to be pretty good before they rebranded in around 2004?
it was casual bar food, then it tried to be an american grill, which is a code for "bar with its head up its own ass"

I miss the fridays chicken sandwich with the smoky bbq sauce and mayonnaise, and the cheesy bacon cheeseburger which had that big glob of fried provolone on it
who the fuck actually wants zucchini sticks and cake pops?
>>
>>7623399
Out of all the mid-tier places its easily the best one though. But its only because of that Jack Daniels sauce and the menu around it.

Went to a Friday's in Dubai and obviously they didn't have it. It was hard to find anything after the appetizer menu worth getting
>>
>>7623374
Your dad probably was a really nice guy and just wanted to treat his family to what he thought was something special.
If my dad was alive when I was growing up, a McDonalds cone would be enough.
>>
I found out T.G.I. stood for "Thank God It's" like a week ago
>>
>>7624155
Thank God Its Fridays?
So the restaurant is actually called Fridays?
>>
>>7623399
I have been to TGI Friday's twice: once when some work colleagues dragged me to one in flyover USA in the late 90s, and once in the mid 2000s when some work colleagues dragged me to one in a (different) foreign country that had once been invaded by the USA military and remained under occupation by USA corporate restaurant chains.

In both cases it was garbage shitfood, there may have been a significant difference but it would take a mass spectrometer to confirm.
>>
File: 8vdPIU0.png (11 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
8vdPIU0.png
11 KB, 645x773
>>7624148
>>
>>7623374
In the UK these places used to be great. Thesedays you can buy wingsauce in shops and US food joints are everywhere along with imports so its lost its benefit there. I went to one recently food was meh, less busy but i still enjoy the milkshakes.

Defo better suited to a time when foreign food especially american was novel
>>
>>7623374
Dads favorite place was Bennigans, always with the "just order an appetizer"
>>
>>7623374
I like it when I travel so I can get authentic American food abroad.
>>
Only time my family and I went there the food was so bad they bargained with us using a bunch of giant shitty margarita glasses. We took 'em
>>
File: 1445786225320.jpg (419 KB, 999x799) Image search: [Google]
1445786225320.jpg
419 KB, 999x799
>>7624148
>Went to a Friday's in Dubai
Thank Allah it's Friday's?
>>
>>7624269
Praise* Allah it's Friday's
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.