[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone else here eat loads of potatoes? I had 3 today so far
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6
File: potato.jpg (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
potato.jpg
6 KB, 275x183
anyone else here eat loads of potatoes? I had 3 today so far and ill probably have another later.
>>
>>7622084
How do you prepare the potatoes usually?
>>
>>7622084
Ireland, please.
>>
>>7622086
I microwave them and add a little salt
>>
I love potatoes. I usually just throw them on my pressure cooker with the peel on, then add some spicy sauce and some butter after.
>>
>>7622093
Not bad; luckily potatoes are very nutritious, especially your method and not just cut and fried.
>>
Hell yes, about 4-5lbs for dinner every day currently.
I slice them, put them on a rack and bake them.
>>
>>7622084
as a poor person yes. they're great if you take the time to twice bake em.

gotta et cold for that resistant start absorption tho
>>
>>7622198
>4-5lbs for dinner every day
Holy Fuck, do you weigh 700+ pounds?
>>
>>7622093
like, the whole potato? or do you cut it? no water or oil or anything so it doesn't dry out? do you cover it?
>>
>>7622274
yeah the whole potato. i cut it open after i cook it to add salt to the innards of the potato. no water or oil. i do not cover it.
>>
>>7622516
Do you peel them? Don't they explode sometimes?
>>
>>7622521
no

i slice them down the middle with a knife before cooking them so they dont explode.
>>
>>7622526
Don't you ever get tired of eating microwave potatoes? They taste better if you boil them, panfry them, or pretty much every other method
>>
>>7622541
nah. though i have started dipping them it in ketchup; it tastes like french fries then.
>>
potatoes taste great steamed in a pressure cooker. takes 15 minutes, sliced long way in half.
>>
>>7622238
From baked potatoes? Not sure if trolling.

150lbs btw
>>
I fucking love potatoes. Roasted, fried, panfried, twice baked, mashed, put into soups/stews...I eat potatoes 3 to 5 times a week usually.
>>
File: potates.png (7 KB, 565x197) Image search: [Google]
potates.png
7 KB, 565x197
>>7622567
Do you eat anything else the whole day?
>>
>>7622548
Why do you even come to a cooking board?
>>
>>7622606
what?
>>
>>7622615
Why do you even come to a cooking board?
>>
>>7622620
is there something wrong with dipping a microwaved potato in ketchup? I dont understand.
>>
>>7622598
Yes, including bananas, dates, broccoli, flax and hemp seed, and Brazil nuts.
Average day is 2500-3000 calories. More if more active.
>>
I think I do, but I'm not sure. You tell me:

I cook and eat about 2kg/4,5lbs every two months, give or take a few weeks, roughly 13kg/29lbs per year. Is that a lot?
>>
>>7622084
I get through about 3kg of potatoes a week, but I'm cooking for two people so it's not aaaas crazy. I usually roast them, but I'll sometimes steam them, do jacket potatoes, savoury pies, etc. potatoes are pretty legit desu
>>
>>7622630
not that anon but, there's nothing inherently wrong with doing that but it's kinda sad and basic so it doesn't make much sense as to why you'd be on a board people go to to discuss creative cooking ideas... that and shitpost
>>
Fastest way to prepare potatoes?
>>
>>7622274
potatoes have high water content, so it's pretty hard to dry them out.
>>
File: Liberating some goods.jpg (6 KB, 152x169) Image search: [Google]
Liberating some goods.jpg
6 KB, 152x169
>>7622093
>microwaving
>not throwing them into a campfire for few hours then salt+buttering
>>
>>7622084
When I left home, I swore I would never buy more than a small meal's worth of potatoes at a time.

Because, fuck, once you get the hang of making good roast potatoes, you will want to sit in front of the oven roasting potatoes and eating them while you roast more and again and again until the sack's empty.

Preferably Maris Pipers (most people prefer others but they work for me), peeled, simmered for ten minutes, cut and tossed around to fluff them up, then roast in goose fat. Optionally seasoned with salt and herbs, maybe cube a lemon and scatter it over them in the roasting tray if you feel like citrus.
>>
>>7622630
It shows you have no interest in cooking
>>
>>7624298
why?
>>
>>7622084
tasty delicious high glycemic load(s)
>>
>>7624251
In America roast potatoes just means any potato cooked in the oven. They don't actually have roast potatoes.
>>
>>7624414
what the fuck.
>>
>>7624414
Well what are the other kinds???
>>
>>7624468
wut
>>
>>7622656
not sure if vegan bait
>>
>>7624418
I found that out a few weeks ago in one of the anti-British shitposting threads that the mods allow while deleting all others.

I got into a big argument with him over it too.
>>
File: Huh - Little Caprice.jpg (48 KB, 541x498) Image search: [Google]
Huh - Little Caprice.jpg
48 KB, 541x498
>>7624468
>It's true
>>
>>7624486
Not bait, but yes I am vegan.
Hell I could eat closer to 10lbs a day if I really wanted.
>>
>>7624330
Because if you had any, you'd try different things.
>>
One time I heated up my potatoes and spread mayonaise on them and a can of tuna. Shit was hella good.
>>
I have a vegetarian co worker who brings like five baked potatoes to work every day and just munches on them like apples throughout the day.

He has a salt shaker and a bottle of mustard in his desk that he adds to them every now and then, but yeah, he just sits there working and occasionally reaches over, grabs a potato and takes a bite like it was a fruit.

All day every day.
>>
I had a week of eating only potato based dishes once.
>>
op here, your guys were right about the ketchup. tried it again today and it was no good. anyone know any good dips for baked potatoes? maybe ranch?
>>
>>7625549
Depends on what you disliked about ketchup. I have no issue with it technically, but after not having it for so long I recently picked some up and it was just way too sweet and the consistency was not as thick as I'd like.
What I do is make my own out of tomato paste, apple cider vinegar, salt and spices to taste and it makes for a great substitute, very cheap too.
>>
File: mstewart.jpg (24 KB, 180x240) Image search: [Google]
mstewart.jpg
24 KB, 180x240
>>7622749
>a board people go to to discuss creative cooking ideas
>/ck/
>>
File: 1458678812418.jpg (20 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1458678812418.jpg
20 KB, 500x375
Are potatoes healthy in any way
>>
>>7625687
They are very healthy, one of the best in fact.
Very easy to grow and tend to as well.
>>
>>7625687
yeah they have vitamins and fiber and vitamin c.
>>
>>7625549
Just put some butter on top, and whatever spicy sauce you have
>>
muh taters do
>>
>>7622093
Should I peel the potato before? Also how much time should I let him be there?
>>
>>7625720
just punch some holes n it, throw it in the microwave for like 4 mins
>>
>>7625720
you shouldnt peel them. the skin tastes good and has nutrients in it.
>>
>>7625754
Another (probably stupid) question. Do I need to boil it before?
>>
>>7626031
Nope. i usually wash mine with water before cooking it though.
>>
>>7622093
I also cook potatoes like this when im out of sweet popatoes...

Some olive oil and they taste awesome
>>
>>7622084
In Spain we eat lots of potatoes generally. Stews with potatoes, potato omelette, french fries with everything, potatoes bravas, pan fried meat with potatoes together, roast meats with potatoes together, roast fish with potatoes as a base, potato puree with croutons as a starter. Potatoes with garlic mayo.

Fuck, we love potatoes.
>>
>>7622084
I eat shittons of potatoes. Usually peeled, sliced, and deep-fried.
If they're not deep-fried, they're roasted. Or occasionally baked and finished off in the microwave and eaten with butter and copious amounts of cheese.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.