[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have an interview here tomorrow. Any advice or stories about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: five-guys-burgers-fries.0.0.jpg (63 KB, 825x393) Image search: [Google]
five-guys-burgers-fries.0.0.jpg
63 KB, 825x393
I have an interview here tomorrow. Any advice or stories about what it's like working there?

I live in walking distance and have basic social skills so I'm feeling pretty confident, but still.
>>
>>7621718
First time working in a kitchen?
>>
>>7621718
just make sure they know you are willing and capable of learning quickly. If you have open availability you will have the best shot of being hired.
>>
>>7621733
Yep, first time working in a restaurant of any sort.

>>7621742
My availability is literally 100% the time and I managed to tell the manager as much when I turned in my application.
>>
>>7621752
>My availability is literally 100% the time

you should be good then. most fast food joints mainly look at availability.
and of course just make it look like you are serious about the job and not just looking for a job because your parents made you.
>>
>>7621752
some words of advice:
If you have time to lean, you have time to clean. Working in a kitchen is 50-50 cooking and cleaning.

Line cooks are a dime a dozen and as such have a high turnover rate. Making yourself available to cover any and all shifts will drastically increase your chances of moving up the ladder.

Flipping burgers isn't easy or fun so be prepared to hate your life while you're still getting the hang of things.

Overall, just don't be a lazy douche. If you work hard and show that you are willing to learn whatever you need to you shouldn't have any problems.
>>
>>7621761
>>7621767
Thanks anons. A couple questions though:

1. They usually start people off with pretty low hours, right? Like 10-15 the first few weeks?

2. Could I expect any free meals at any point
>>
>>7621785
Depends on the place.
And I used to work in a restaurant as a dishwasher/back prep and could always get a free meal to take home. Sometimes they'd even give me stuff just because.
>>7621767
I never once saw a cook clean anything other than what they absolutely had to. Lots of jerking off when it was slow though.
>>
>>7621796
I actually have a local pizza/pasta place calling me about a dishwasher job too. Think it'd be better than working at Five Guys?
>>
>>7621785
hours I guess depends on the location if the store is naturally busy or not.
free food depends on the place as well

honestly Ive never worked in fast food before. My first job was working at a bank and now I work in a hotel so I really dont know how it really works there.
But i have friends that worked fast food so im just going by what I heard from them.
>>
>>7621796
The dudes who don't do shit during the downtime and only clean the bare minimum usually end up getting canned. Most places I've worked have the head/sous chef do a walk through and the end of the night, and you don't get to go home until shit is clean. Fast food places are probably more lax when it comes to cleaning though.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.