[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Every time I make scrambled eggs there's a thin, hard to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Every time I make scrambled eggs there's a thin, hard to easily clean layer of eggs. Doesn't matter if I'm using a stainless steel pan or my non-stick. What am I doing wrong?

Also, general shitty question thread
>>
>>7620885

You should be using a cast iron pan you degenerate
>>
>>7620885
>What am I doing wrong?

How are we supposed to determine that if you aren't describing your procedure?

Tell us your process. Be specific.
>>
>>7620885
stop overcooking them
>>
>>7620889

That's not cast iron you idiot.
>>
1. coat the pan with butter or oil before you start.

2. dont use high heat. go medium to medium-high

/thread
>>
>>7620890
>spray pam onto pan with low heat
>add beaten eggs
>increase heat to medium
>keep pulling edges of eggs to center
>once eggs begin to harden, take off heat
>move around pan to finish cooking off remaining exess heat
>salt and pepper
>serve

>>7620891
Hardly. I probably undercook them too much.
>>
>>7620885
1) your non-stick isn't non-stick anymore, take better care of your shit
2) turn the heat down and stop overcooking your eggs, that's probably what ruined your non-stick in the first place
>>
>>7620885
When metal heats up, it expands and in those little pores in where your egg gets stuck. Try using a bit of oil spray or butter and letting it heat up a bit before so the oil goes in those little pores.
>>
>>7620900
try heating up the pan first before adding pam & eggs.
>>
>>7620900

Stop using spray oil like pam. It often contains additives that can cause sticking. It's also horribly overpriced for what it is. Just use plain oil from a bottle, or butter. Make sure you are using enough of it.

Also make sure the pan is hot before the eggs go into it.

>>7620904
I agree that it's entirely possible that the nonstick is damaged but it's hard to tell with that layer of egg on it. OP, can you post a pic of your nonstick pan after it's been cleaned?
>>
>>7620895
i love it when an idiot calls someone else an idiot
>>
File: image.jpg (1012 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1012 KB, 3264x2448
>>7620913

And if it's hosed I guess that's what I get for using my grandmothers old pans
>>
>>7620918
thats some sexy teflon. i want to fuck it.

i dont even know how id accomplish that...
>>
Different anon with the same problem.

I put the pan on the stove, set my shitty electric stove to 4(out of 10) or so, toss a table spoon of butter on, swirl it around until it's melted, then add my eggs and I have the same problem. I usually finish with slightly orange eggs that are still shiny and moist.

Black non-stick pan, other people use it and never leave papery egg scraps on the bottom like me.

Do eggs just hate me?
>>
>>7620885
Britchap to the rescue:

Cooking scrambled eggs is not the same as an omelette. Get the pan reasonably hot but not as hot as you would for frying something else. Add a little butter or oil.

Scrambled eggs needs a lower temperature and constant aggravation - Hold the pan above the rings if need be, when you stir with the corner of your fish-slice (or whatever).

Fold them out of the pan a little earlier than you think is necessary, they will cook for a bit on the plate.
>>
>>7620918

Looks fucked. Replace it.

>>7620915
When was the last time you saw an iron pan with a teflon coating and rivets?
>>
File: pixiv51160149.jpg (334 KB, 480x678) Image search: [Google]
pixiv51160149.jpg
334 KB, 480x678
this thread makes me want to make a youtube channel. where i cook and show people how to do stuff.

and maybe some memes, but not to the point where its annoying
>>
>>7620931
read this post carefully >>7620889

then read this post >>7620895
>>
>>7620924
YOU WOULDN'T, VIRGIN.
>>
>>7620935
I've thought the same thing actually mate, not just this thread though but a lot of them.

My kitchen though is VERY basic (I live in a bedsit) so the criticism I would get from that would negate anything else I was trying to explain.
>>
>>7620885
>hard to easily clean

why are you such a poor writer? it's probably related to generally low levels of cognition which also explains why your bad at cooking eggs.
>>
>>7620960
*you're
...fucktard
>>
>>7620960
>such a poor writer?
>>why your bad
>>your

Indeed.
>>
>>7620885
>Also, general shitty question thread
I'm getting together a shopping list for a traditional Hungarian gulyás. Some recipies call for beef broth, while others just use water. Please advise.
>>
>>7620918
OP. don't use nonstick as your primary pans. For stuff like eggs though, it's useful to keep one around. I suggest a T-FAL. Their nonstick are very highly rated and not super expensive. I think you can find a video on Youtube with America's Test Kitchen going over their own tests for it, and one involves cooking eggs over and over until they begin to stick.
>>
>>7620991
never use water if you have stock at hand
don't go out of your way to get stock if all you're making is a gulash
does that answer your question?
>>
>>7620991
>Some recipies call for beef broth, while others just use water. Please advise.

You can use water if you want, but beef stock will be tastier and will provide a better texture.
>>
>>7621268
>>7621280
Thanks lads.
>>
>>7620885

put some butter in the pan.

heat the pan.

when the butter bubbles and then stops bubbling add your egg. (prescramble that shit in a cup)

Do it like Julia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RThnq3-d6PY

F'ing fail proof.

If you want to scramble.. then just stir them a little more.
>>
>>7620885
Use more fat (butter) and less heat
Stirr and fold
>>
>>7620885
>Add proper amount of butter
>make sure the pan is actually really hot before putting the eggs in
>stir often
>don't overcook the eggs

ez
>>
File: 1454608142290.jpg (106 KB, 629x701) Image search: [Google]
1454608142290.jpg
106 KB, 629x701
>>7620885
>hard to easily clean
m8
>>
>>7620885
Time to buy another $6 non-stick pan from WartMart, yours somehow lost its nonstick magic.
>>
>>7620900
the fuck is pam
use oil or real butter
get the heat up before the eggs touch the pan
>>
>>7620885
if your non-stick is sticking, you need a new one. it's probably worn down from either overheating or scratching.

if you're using stainless steel, you want it to be hot enough so when you flick a bit of water on it, they don't start evaporating but form beads that float on the surface, like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8YU9m4xYD8

when this happens the eggs shouldn't stick. be careful using butter at this temperature though, it'll burn quickly. use ghee or clarified butter instead.

add the fat to the pan, add your eggs and keep stirring until mostly set.

look up videos from jacques pepin or julia child and watch how they make eggs if you still aren't sure, they're probably the best sources for that.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.