[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to make healthy food with flavor? pic possibly related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: 5qCk2.png (286 KB, 480x327) Image search: [Google]
5qCk2.png
286 KB, 480x327
Is it possible to make healthy food with flavor?

pic possibly related
>>
>>7619983
Have you heard of spices?
>>
>>7619991
/thread
>>
>>7619991
Stores don't carry flavorful spices anymore besides salt, pepper, and msg. All the other spices are bland and dried out. You can even bloom them but no flavor really comes out. They might carry some fresh herbs but that's about it.
>>
I've become pretty fond of garlic chili sauce. Goes will with broccoli and cabbage.
>>
>>7620019
Find an ethnic market or order them online
>>
>>7620019
???
dried herbs and spices are usually MORE intense than fresh ones, unless they are old as fuck.
>>
>>7620061
This.

Most supermarkets also have a bulk foods area with a spices section which tends to be fresher than the jarred shit, cheaper as well.

Also, use fresh herbs instead of dried. Better yet, grow your own.
>>
>>7620061
I was going to try an ethnic market but I heard that their imported spices bypass the irradiation treatment. I'd rather not die of cholera or whatever is on those spices. I don't trust the spices ordered online to be fresh. Do you have a site that you recommend for them?
>>7620071
All the dried spices that I've tried, expensive and cheap, have been bland. These were brand new spices since I checked the best by date. The dried herbs mostly taste like powdery dirt. Dill is one of the worst ones. It tastes nothing like dill. Fresh dill doesn't even have much flavor, though. I'm not sure how dill pickles get that intense dill flavor. I've gone out to the garden and eaten the flowers, seeds, and leaves and they just taste like slightly chewy green stuff. That was kind of a tangent there but I've had much better success with extracts. They have a decent amount of flavor. I don't even bother with citrus rinds anymore, I just use the extracts since their so much more flavorful.
>>
>>7620019
Stop buying your spices at the dollar store.
>>
>>7620088
I've never been to a dollar store.
>>
>>7620084
>. Fresh dill doesn't even have much flavor, though
Anonymous poster I don't know how to tell you this, but there is very possibly something wrong with your tastebuds.
>>
>>7620203
I ripped a long island mammoth out and ate it seeds, flowers, and all but it just tasted leafy. I guess I'm fucked.
>>
>>7620084
Dill pickles use dill seed, dillweed
>>
>>7619983

the less you eat naughty food the more your tastebuds recover and allow you to taste healthy food without it tasting like nothing
>>
>>7620019

do you literally live under a rock?
>>
>>7620381
I live in a major northeastern metropolis. Apparently, it's my taste buds with the issue and not the spices.
>>
>>7620350

>naughty food

lol oh my god i am sorry for your dsiposition but damn
>>
>>7620393

or the stores you shop @?

i really can't tell
>>
I remember watching nature shows as a kid like Zoboomafoo and thinking the peanut butter coated pine cones looked delicious

I have no recollection of what animals they were trying to attract with that
>>
>>7620397
Reading comprehension, senpai.
>>
>>7620402

back atcha, pham?

pretty much every supermarket out there carries variety of spices/seasonings suitable to the tastes of... anyone

if you disagree, your store is probably a 3rd grader's lemonade stand
>>
>>7620408
back atcha famalama
>>7620203
>>7620224
Remember, reading is so important.
>>
>>7620414

yeah i think you're just having fun being dumb at this point

>protip: i think means in fact
>>
File: 1418291269043.jpg (42 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1418291269043.jpg
42 KB, 640x480
>>7620424
>>
>>7620427

it shows
>>
>>7620429
It does.
>>
>>7619983
>Is it possible to make healthy food with flavor?
I really hope you are trolling.

But anyways:
Yes, of course. It is as easy or hard, as it is to make unhealthy food with flavour. Now go back to your farm and count the planes flying over your head.
>>
File: WinCoREDLogo-employee-owned.png (10 KB, 589x298) Image search: [Google]
WinCoREDLogo-employee-owned.png
10 KB, 589x298
>>7620072
Best bulk section I've found is pic related.
>>
>>7620393
>>7620203

let's check your nose...

when I had really bad nasal polyps I smelled nothing... I needed a surgery to rove them
>>
Just eat peperoni pizza. Each Pizza contains five to TEN-thousand servings of vegtables...
>>
>>7620019
maybe you should stop trying to buy your groceries at convenience stores famalam
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.