[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you will never know if the olive oil you buy from the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
File: olive-oil-and-olives.jpg (35 KB, 700x466) Image search: [Google]
olive-oil-and-olives.jpg
35 KB, 700x466
>tfw you will never know if the olive oil you buy from the store is legit or not
>tfw even olive oil tests doesn't necessarily mean its real olive oil
>tfw ill never even realise what or what isnt olive oil because the mafia has made it completely unnoticeable

Why even live?
>>
>>7619612
Come to Australia and stick to the locally produced stuff.
>>
>>7619612
You can get good olive oil even at Walmart. Just be prepared to shell out $15 for a tiny little bottle.
>>
>>7619630
Incorrect. Expensive "Italian" ones Walmart sells are almost the worst. Go domestic, California Olive Ranch is pretty good for the money.
>>
how is colavita? colavita is my shit.
>>
Solution: Stop buying imported "Italian" "olive oil".
>>
>>7619612
make your own tough guy
>>
"italian" olive oil is terrible.
Greece and Spain are better.
>>
>>7620244
Never tried a greek one, but spanish olive oil is GOAT
>>
File: OLV-10400-4[1].jpg (195 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
OLV-10400-4[1].jpg
195 KB, 1600x1600
America to the rescue. Available at every walmart, past the gun aisle.
>>
>>7621973
>>7620244
French > Crete > Greece > Portugal > Italian > Spain > Arab > Turk > Israeli
>>
>>7619612
just go to fucking whole foods you bougie bitch
>>
File: 1457843063445.jpg (70 KB, 470x470) Image search: [Google]
1457843063445.jpg
70 KB, 470x470
>>7622028
>French olive oil is any good

ayyy lmao
>>
>>7622047
>whole foods
You mean Costco.
>>
>Not buying cheap artisan olive oil from your nearby olive plantation
Seriously now
>>
File: IMG_7217.jpg (429 KB, 1152x1728) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7217.jpg
429 KB, 1152x1728
>>7622070

costco olive oil master race

costco olive oil best olive oil
>>
File: prod_4493.jpg (210 KB, 664x2023) Image search: [Google]
prod_4493.jpg
210 KB, 664x2023
>not drinking lesbian oil
ITT: heteronormative bigots
>>
File: the least jestful.png (937 KB, 1416x9000) Image search: [Google]
the least jestful.png
937 KB, 1416x9000
>>7619612
pic related. /ck/ redpill time?
>>
>>7619612
aaand this is why you should stick to animal fats for non-industrial purposes
>>
>>7622575
>tfw lard and coconut oil are better for frying
>tfw butter/ghee and fowl renders are better for dressing and larding
>tfw leaf lard will never be surpassed for baking
so tru 11/10
>>
>>7619612
if you can't tell the difference whats the fucking point of the real stuff?
>>
>>7622570
I read through about 5 posts and realized whoever wrote and screencapped all that is legitimately, not pretend-for-4chan, flapping-bats-in-the-head crazy

have a rainbow conspiracy, anon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c6HsiixFS8
>>
>>7622587
>>7622587
there's peer reviewed evidence for most, if not all of it that isn't his opinion. funny vid tho

what specific problems did u have with it
>>
>>7622596
>what specific problems
It's insane timecube-tier drivel, I'm sure some people might have the energy to write a point-by-point refutation but my eyes glazed over when he started drawing connections between gays, SJWs, colonialism, the Japanese economy in the 1990s, and food additives
>>
>>7622617
he never drew connections between any of it. they're just politically uncomfortable subjects. that have been made more uncomfortable by the life sciences in some cases.

there are a lot of politically minded people fucking with wikipedia tho. there's a reason it will never be valid as citation.
>>
>>7622617
none of it is very farfetched, and hes not linking any of it.

I've encountered a lot of shit like the guy in the cap was talking about doing research in my grad classes. The presentation suffers from the rampant memeing though

I'd love to see factual refutations though. always open to new info
>>
>>7622642
>>7622674
I assumed he was posting all that nonsense with the aim of linking it all together at the end, like "I've totally got this thing figured out"

If it was just a jumble of unrelated conspiracies then that's somewhat disappointing. Not that I would have bothered to read through it either way.
>>
>>7622686
they aren't conspiracies though. If you have JSTOR access it only takes a few clicks to verify a lot of them are firmly rooted in fact if not common knowldege. the ones that aren't are from newly published stuff or has a lot of poliitical backing on both sides. he even gives a decent /ck/ related nutritional biochem resource for laymen.

>Not that I would have bothered to read through it either way.
like I said the memeing does kill the presentation but some of the subjects he touches on are legitimately interesting. shame really.
>>
>>7622705
Just because someone cites a peer reviewed article, or several, doesn't mean you have to hang onto their every word and dignify their insanity by refuting it. All you need to access and cite a bunch of peer reviewed articles is affiliation with a university. You can then spam the internet with nonsense and hope to find an audience who holds the act of citing peer reviewed articles in excessively high reverence.

It's like a charlatan quoting memorized bible verses. It doesn't automatically qualify him as a religious authority, nor does it make him an expert in scripture.
>>
>>7622570
This guy doesn't have Asperger's, because he describes himself as unemotional. True spergs have deeper emotions than any of us but learn to suppress them as a coping mechanism because it causes them problems in a world of NTs uncomfortable with such deep feeling. This is one of the reasons it really shouldn't be considered part of the autism spectrum. He would know this if he really were spergy.
>>
>>7622801
It's trouble processing emotions too. not necessarily just greater depth. spectrum is pretty wide which is what causes a lot of the misusnderstanding and the throwing around of the word autism constantly
>>
>>7622834
this. high functioning spectrum people often self report as uncomfortable or frustrated because processign the shit is difficult
>>
>>7622763
he doesn't though, and I'm not by any means. I looked the shit up becasue some of it is in my field and I was genuinely curious. I'm not in any way implying someone on 4chan is an authority on anything but if you put the work in a lot of it does check out
>>
File: index.jpg (15 KB, 187x269) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
15 KB, 187x269
>>7622063
like you've ever had any
>>
Tunisia makes high quality olive oil
>>
>2016 and not using superior smoked rapeseed oil.
>>
>>7624644
Dood
>>
I'm fairly certain I've had real olive oil. I buy it from an olive oil store. It tastes oddly peppery compared to the stuff I used to get.
>>
>>7624644

dude rape lmao
>>
>>7622570
>all this hate on estradiol
what if I want my food to feminize me
>>
>>7619612

>completely unnoticeable
>tests can't show a difference
>they are chemically identical

w h o _ g i v e s _ a _ f u c k
h
o
|
g
i
v
e
s
|
a
|
f
u
c
k
>>
>>7619612
Just buy the stuff from California.
>>
>>7622028
No one beats Greek olive oil, problem is the market is not a free one there, you have to bribe to export larger quantities and become a wholesaler, so the few wholesalers dictate the price and rip the farmers off bigtime. We're talking 1l of olive oil should be roughly $10, the wholesalers all demand $3 or less from farmers. The trick was to order a 20l tin off farmers and have it shipped by ship freighter wherever you are, the farmers are able to export a small quantity and were glad to get rid of 20l for $130 or so with $25 freight charge.

The new party in power ruined all that in Greece and charges farmer 24% in tax to export oil, actually they charge per liter at an inflated wholesale price they determine with the large olive oil buyers and wholesalers and exporters. So now a farmer with the new tax is paying $40 per tin to export it and passing the cost to individual buyers. It's a corrupt bullshit system.
>>
>>7625800
no.... *sigh* dude you just dont understand, i saw this really enlightening cracked article that told me all about it ok?? so maybe shut that little old piehole of yours......
>>
>>7624644
rapeseed oil rapes my stomach. That stuff is literally poison.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.