[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do so many people hate coconut?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: coconut[1].jpg (220 KB, 1600x1192) Image search: [Google]
coconut[1].jpg
220 KB, 1600x1192
Why do so many people hate coconut?
>>
the texture
>>
>>7619403
What's so bad about it?
>>
>>7619406
I really don't mind it anymore. I love coconut. But the first few times I had it, it felt like I could chew on it for 10 minutes without it getting sufficiently chewed up to swallow. I think I actually spit it out a few times.
>>
>>7619423
Weren't you eating dried coconut?

Fresh is soft, still chewy though.
>>
>>7619392
Because of the white, partially-dehydrated, sugar-coated wood shavings out of a bag most people use are legit disgusting.

Fresh coconut is wonderful. Young coconut is almost impossible to find in the US. But the white shavings in a bag? Aisle nine.
>>
>>7619436
>Young coconut is almost impossible to find in the US.

Asian groceries. I didn't even know people ate the fully grown coconuts until a few years ago. Young coconut is just superior.
>>
>>7619436
i was watching one of those fake as fuck nature survival shows once and the couple found a coconut in the floor, opened it and it was all fluffy inside.
They half explained that coconuts get like that after a while if left untouched, they called it coconut marshmallow
of course coconut marshmallow is not the real name, do you happen to know what its called by any chance?
>>
I like coconut

He is bretty cool guy who doesnt afraid of anything
>>
What happens if you put a lime in it?
>>
>>7619392

I am literally the only person in my family, other than my maternal grandpa, who loves coconut.

All my siblings, both my parents, aunts, uncles, everyone. We're the only ones who like coconut.

Fuck them though, I bake him a coconut cream pie when I go visit now.
>>
fresh coconut is awesome
go to fiji, ask a man to pick you one
he'll make a hole in it with a machete, you put a straw in and drink the juice (very hydrating, nature's sport drink) then he'll hack the whole thing open and you scoop the flesh out, it's like jelly

dried coconuts are bullshit
>>
>>7619732
>cream pie

Fag
>>
>>7619581
You need to polish your retromeme abilities
>>
>>7619392
how much is many? where?
I think they are more people who love them in the world then hate them....
>>
>>7619392
I was molested by a coconut as a child.
>>
>>7621437
Greentext story pls
>>
I'm eating one right now, shit's pretty cash if you rinse off the disgusting juice.
>>
>>7621437
Fuck off Saya.
>>
My father was a coconut and an alcohol and it destroyed our family.
>>
>>7620796
>not embracing pie

Cunt
>>
>>7620770
>dried coconuts are bullshit
please leave this life now
>>
>>7622981
He's right.
>>
I used to hate the consistency. But after having some locally grown roasted coconut when I visited Hawaii, I was converted.
>>
>>7622024
I know that feel ;_;
>>
>>7619698
I believe you have to shake it all up
>>
>>7619455
mold
>>
>>7619455
It's due to a gene mutation,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopyor_coconut

It taste amazing and much more expensive than the pleb coconut
>>
>>7622009

What are you eating dude? They don't have any disgusting juice.
>>
>>7623228
Coconut juice is awful
>>
>>7623841
This god damn pleb
>>
>>7623844
Sorry you like the taste and texture of watered down semen
>>
>>7623847
If you think the milk from a young coconut tastes anything like a coconut, you need to stop cumguzzling because the cum has overloaded your tastebuds.
>>
>>7623841
Go to an Asian market and buy yourself a young coconut, take it home and open it up with a cleaver. Place straw inside and drink.

It's fucking amazing. The shitty "coconut water" that you buy at the supermarket is gross and it's a meme.

I have half a dozen young coconuts in my fridge now and they are delicious. You can use the flesh for cooking after you've drunk the liquid too.
>>
It tastes bad.

Desiccated coconut is like eating thick hair.
Fresh coconut flesh is like if the inside of your mouth started peeling off but it tasted terrible.
Coconut water is like a bad tasting almond milk - something that only has flavour going for it.

Coconut milk is good as an ingredient in curries though.
>>
>>
I like coconut but cant stand coconut oil. Funny because one of my favourite chocolates is cherry ripe
>>
What can I do with the flesh of a coconut besides eating it raw?
>>
>>7619392

It's been scientifically proven that only fags hate coconut.
>>
File: giphy.gif (449 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
449 KB, 300x168
>>7625575
>>
File: ajax.jpg (14 KB, 210x180) Image search: [Google]
ajax.jpg
14 KB, 210x180
>>7623930
>>
>>7623901
Tastes like ass straight from the nut too, no matter how old it is.
>>
>>7625574
look at it, smell it. those are two of the big dogs right there.
>>
I like it. But I snacked on a bag if it without looking at how much fibre was in it. I've never had worse shits in my life. 3 hours of fucking pain.
>>
>>7619455
I was in Vanuatu and the native guys showed us some of the different ways of preparing coconut and one method was to let it sit on the ground so long that the centre hardened up into the texture of moist foam. Was pretty good.
>>
Because most americans only have access shit tier coconuts to base their opinions on.
>>
>>7619436
>Young coconut is almost impossible to find in the US
Stop shopping at shit stores.
>>
>>7626631
This is foolish and incorrect, the access isn't the problem but rather the conscious effort to go for real coconut instead of a fucking Mounds bar.
>>
We have this same retarded discussion every time someone makes a thread about coconuts. It was established a few years ago by anons on /ck/ that coconuts sourced from the Pacific somehow taste better than coconuts from the Atlantic.
>>
>>7619392

coconut hairy like balls
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.